DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT vs Zelda

brolie

So, I'm a Zelda freak, and when I first started reading the WoT books, I noticed that the aiel reminded me a lot of the gerudo:

Gerudo_Artwork_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

then as I was doing a replay of Ocarina of Time (Ocarina of Time... Wheel of Time... hmmm) and thought that the concept of the zora were kind of like the sea folk, since they are water oriented and what not.

anyone else know of any other similarities? i mean, yeah, zelda is like elayne in a way and link is like rand.. malon could be like min.. gandandorf is the DO.. any others? :)

Wow, was waiting for a thread like this!

I see what you mean about the Gerudo/Aiel. They are very similar, except the fact there are many male Aiel, but only one male Gerudo is born every hundred years. I like the connections you made between Elayne/Zelda and Min/Malon. By that reasoning Nabooru could be like Aviendha, no?

Nabooru is definitely the main gerudo chick that would fit the description... BUT i was also thinking that Ruto, being a snotty princess, kind of fit Elayne's personality too. And yeah, I'm mostly basing it off of Ocarina.

Don't know who could be Mat or Perrin though :(

Rand definitely fits Link too because he is Hylian but his parents were killed during a battle and he was adopted by the Kokiri where they watched over him until he was old enough to take his role as the Dragon Reb-- er... i mean as the Hero of Time.. haha

but I mean, come on!! The gerudo even wear shoufas!! haha all of them have bright red hair and live in the desert and fight with spears..

Very true. I dont think there could be anyone who resemble Mat or Perrin. Just trying to think of ANYONE who could be even close. Daruinia, Shiek [a.k.a. Zelda]. No other male characters seem to be important in Zelda. Daruinia and Rauru obviosuly, they are Sages, but theyre arent similarities between them and Mat or Perrin

OH! the little kid that wants to be like Dampe in the graveyard.. he's kinda like olver :D

Impa is very aes sedai-esque i suppose..

darunia and the gorons are more like perrin than anyone else though i guess. rauru is too old and insignificant imo. saria is like egwene-- she grew up with rand/link and then became a sage/amyrlin.... don't know how much im reaching with that one though haha

im just going to have to keep playing zelda and watch for more characters :)

I felt a little bad for dismissing your idea because I can't see the Aiel as anything other than ripped off Fremen with spears, so here is a Zelda parallel:

Rand=Link. Not only are they both the hero, they are constantly reborn across the ages to fight the same ancient foe. That makes Gannon the DO. We have seen something like 6 links I think. I guess Nintendo is the Wheel of Time spinning him out again haha.

you could always say link in TP is like perrin because he changes into a wolf but after that really not much likeness. I was reaching for something i suppose. Ha.

oooo very nice!! i hadn't even thought of TP because ive been playing OoT lately.. maybe that's TAR/wolf dream... he DOES get a hammer in all of them.. no axes that i can remember though.. maybe link could be all 3 ta'averen combined in different games.. the link in PH is humorous and come on now, link is ALWAYS lucky to escape some of those battles haha. nice!! :)

I felt a little bad for dismissing your idea because I can't see the Aiel as anything other than ripped off Fremen with spears, so here is a Zelda parallel:

Rand=Link. Not only are they both the hero, they are constantly reborn across the ages to fight the same ancient foe. That makes Gannon the DO. We have seen something like 6 links I think. I guess Nintendo is the Wheel of Time spinning him out again haha.

another reason why nintendo is awesome. i have never read dune, so i googled Fremen and woah, yeah... waaaay more like the aiel than the gerudo... i guess the image of gerudo fits my image of the maidens more so.. perhaps i need to read dune! :)

I think that crazy guy you get the eyedrops from could be Herid Fel. Also, for Perrin I'm gonna go Darunia, just for the solid, slow-thinking thing or whatever. And Domon I can see being the boss carpenter, even though it's not a boat.

herid fel, win. haha. there is probably a character in either Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass that could fit Bayle but its been too long since ive played them to think of one.. i just feel like there is one haha :) and darunia is awesome... not an insult to relate perrin to him, maybe vise versa though :) which makes me think of faile as ruto ... "i will leave with you but ONLY after we find my stone and ONLY if you carry me"

Anybody played Majora's Mask? The crazy mask guy reminds me of padan fain, he's creepy but puts on a smile, then when you don't bring him the mask on time he gets all crazy and evil and lets it all out then goes right back to smiling

HAHAHAHA nice one

Anybody played Majora's Mask? The crazy mask guy reminds me of padan fain, he's creepy but puts on a smile, then when you don't bring him the mask on time he gets all crazy and evil and lets it all out then goes right back to smiling

YES! even the mask shop guy in OoT freaks out if you don't have enough money to pay for the mask when you go back.. hmmm maybe he has a ruby hilted dagger somewhere... haha

and i figured I should share this.. my brothers and i have matching triforce tattoos -- i have wisdom because im the girl and the smartest.. (hehe) my younger brother is tall and lanky and fits link so he has courage (written in hebrew) and then my older brother is overbearing and ominous so he is ganon/power haha

S7304771.jpg

haha, he's not Jewish :) He's a Jesus Freak, thus the Hebrew.. and he doesn't read, like.... at all... which makes me sad. I'm the only reader in my family :(

but he is tall and a Zelda freak :D haha and you sound like a fantastic person with those attributes *wink* :)

Yeah nintendo and wot. Whose on for an Internet campaign to get a snes fighter game based on wheel of time. Imagine Rand vs Moridin in glorious 16bit snes snazzyness.

O....M...G... that would be ... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Archived