DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're maybe a bit TOO into the WoT when ...

Elgee

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally want to get the Aiel shirt from Ta'Veren Tees and wear it around town to see if anyone says anything, mainly because of the quote on the back ("Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.")  And now I've learned there is a Tai'Shar Malkier bumper sticker . . . I MUST HAVE ONE!   Errrr . . . I mean, I would really like to have one some day . . .  :laugh: 

THAT IS SO COOL

Best way to become instant friends :P

I'm still waiting for some stranger to come up to me when I'm wearing my WoT shirts >.> (#631) 

You have WoT shirts!?! I'm jealous! What do they look like?

• 3 weeks later...

A continuation of this:

611. When you walk into a Barnes and Noble and immediately go to the fantasy section to look at WoT books even though you already own them all

612. When a WoT display in B&N makes you very happy

613. When you text a picture of the B&N display to multiple friends

614. When you see the paperback copies of ToM and AMoL and consider buying them since you already have them in hard copy

615. When you know you'd read these paperback copies enough to make them fall apart and think you should just stick with hard cover

616. When this makes you want to buy hardcover copies of all of the rest of the WoT books. 

617. When you walk into a used book store and immediately go to the fantasy section to look at WoT books even though you already own them all.

618. When you find hard cover copies of KoD and WH  which are in good shape for $6 and $5 respectively and instantly grab them and purchase them

619. When all of this happens in less than 24 hours

(Kronos can confirm a piece of #613 :P True story--all of it)

634. when 617 repeats itself and then you buy CoT and TPoD

• 2 weeks later...

638. You tell yourself that you are NOT allowed to use the Power to kill or severely hurt the squatters living next door to you, because Aes Sedai are not allowed to do that.

What about the people swapping drugs in the back lot? Or the ones screaming things that no child should hear loud enough for the neighborhood to enjoy (with their windows closed)? Or the ones turning an otherwise respectable area into a 'hood?

Can I please?!

638. You tell yourself that you are NOT allowed to use the Power to kill or severely hurt the squatters living next door to you, because Aes Sedai are not allowed to do that.

Aes Sedai maybe, Warders on the other hand ....

O_O ... Now see, that's why I made you an Ajah Head! Good thinking there, Sister.

641. More of a "too into DM" but... I had a dream last night that DM was in this... it was sort of set up like the day care I work at... We had this huge common area and then each social group had it's own little set of rooms... It was also kind of like a ski lodge sort of place. We were up near the top of this insanely tall mountain (Dragonmount?). 

The Aiel rooms were kind of one big room with a wall in the middle and then devisions into several areas so it was kind of a circle. The Band area, ironically, were only one rather small room. 

Then I had this idea that the Aiel and the Band should each hide a flag in their room and we should play stealthy capture the flag, and I was having a "town meeting" with the Aiel to discuss whether we wanted to do it :P

And now I want to find a way to do that on here...

Oh man, I love DM/WoT dreams! They get weird, though ... lol

642: When a difficult tenant becomes abusive to my boss and I, as well as the ladies working at the Body Corporate of the apartment that he rents, the Chief of Security immediately jumps to our defence, and I think to myself for a split second:

"Hmmm who's his Aes Sedai again? I must compliment her on the excellent Warder she has."

• 2 weeks later...

644. When you start freaking out when your school mentions WoT on the announcements

645. When this causes you to actually start liking your school

646. When you consider the best day of your life to be the day you found out Brandon Sanderson is coming to your school

647. You believe you have the Dark One's luck because of this.

Archived