DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're maybe a bit TOO into the WoT when ...

Elgee

601. ...When you then stay up till 3 AM compiling a playlist of songs that remind you of various WoT characters.

602. When you think that NeverTameExceptWhenTheMoNisLooking should post said playlist.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

611. When you walk into a Barnes and Noble and immediately go to the fantasy section to look at WoT books even though you already own them all

612. When a WoT display in B&N makes you very happy

613. When you text a picture of the B&N display to multiple friends

614. When you see the paperback copies of ToM and AMoL and consider buying them since you already have them in hard copy

615. When you know you'd read these paperback copies enough to make them fall apart and think you should just stick with hard cover

616. When this makes you want to buy hardcover copies of all of the rest of the WoT books. 

617. When you walk into a used book store and immediately go to the fantasy section to look at WoT books even though you already own them all.

618. When you find hard cover copies of KoD and WH  which are in good shape for $6 and $5 respectively and instantly grab them and purchase them

619. When all of this happens in less than 24 hours

(Kronos can confirm a piece of #613 :P True story--all of it)

Recently bought myself the complete box set of WoT even though I have them all in paper back, hardback and ebook!! Going 2 get a shelf 4 WoT things only, saving 4 the replica heron marked sword and am awaiting the arrival of WoT bronze necklace and dream terangereal. I've read many series' of fantasy books but there is nothing like WoT, truly epic.

• 4 weeks later...

624: When you have a Green Ajah tattoo on your wrist and everyone asks about it, including the tattoo artist, and you do your best to explain and then give up and tell them all to read the books. (true story) LOL 

This is actually my friend's, not mine, but he isn't on DM:

620. When your car has a bumper sticker that says "I Killed Asmodean"

My brother has one that says "Ta'shir Malkier" (sp) I made him put an Aes Sedai symbol on his car too because as a Green sister I simply cannot ride in a WoTmobile without having some kind of AS thing on it. LOL

625. When you are currently not using your "Ta'shir Malkier" sticker because you know your car is only going to last a couple more years and you want that sticker to be on a car you're going to use for a while (true story)

626. (This is more of a bookworm one, but) when you and your Souvra are having a very long discussion over facebook of the pros and cons of hardcover vs paperbacks

(It's not saving my edits above so...)

(Side--too into DM one: when earlier in conversation mentioned above, you wonder if him eating will fill your stomach)

627. When a friend of yours is far enough in the series to have discovered the meaning behind your youtube handle (same as my handle here)

628. When this same friend asks questions about what happens and you simply respond "RAFO"

629. When this friend knows that that means and the WoT history behind it 

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe slightly off topic, but...

A fellow WoT fan friend of mine went as a Trolloc for Halloween and I went as a (female) Myrdraal.

We went to a fairly huge costume party, and at one point I noticed a tall red-headed fellow whos costume I couldn't recognize, but it was a fairly nondescript period costume complete with a sword.

Later on, I received a tap on my shoulder, and it was that guy. He leaned in and under his breath says, "Tell Shai'tan I'm coming for him..."

He was supposed to be Rand.

True story.

Maybe slightly off topic, but...

A fellow WoT fan friend of mine went as a Trolloc for Halloween and I went as a (female) Myrdraal.

We went to a fairly huge costume party, and at one point I noticed a tall red-headed fellow whos costume I couldn't recognize, but it was a fairly nondescript period costume complete with a sword.

Later on, I received a tap on my shoulder, and it was that guy. He leaned in and under his breath says, "Tell Shai'tan I'm coming for him..."

He was supposed to be Rand.

True story.

That is such an awesome story!

Archived