DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're maybe a bit TOO into the WoT when ...

Elgee

453. When any sort of brainwashing becomes "compulsion" in your mind and you can't even think of another word for it at first.

454. Your siblings have the basic idea of what compulsion means and no longer give you funny words when you talk about a tv show character "compulsing" someone 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure it must be compulsing. Compelling seems like just a normal personality thing, as opposed to a Weave which forces someone.

455. When you're having this discussion *points up*

458. When you wonder why people are using "real life" means to find the answer ("compulsing" or "compelling") when they should just be looking in a WoT book.

(Btw, my computer recognizes "compelling" as a word but not "compulsing" but that doesn't necessarily mean anything :P )

459: When you go suit shopping with your other half, and one of the brands of suit has a foxhead pin in one of the lapels, and you think 'Foxhead Ter'angreal!' and wonder around for a bit grinning, but unable to explain what you find so amusing

I haven't read through all of these, so forgive me if this is a repeat...

462. You see a raven or crow standing nearby, watching, and you say, "Dark One's minions, arrrgh!"

(I've seen this in action, while hanging out with Cleo :D )

lol  Crows. I was on my lunch the other day, reading. And I heard this bird and looked up. Right on the edge of the building was a crow, sitting there watching me. It was weird because I'm actually reading WoT over again, and I was -just- reading about Rand and Mat throwing stones at one.  It sort of freaked me out a little at first.

463. When you find yourself wondering where in Randland bananas would grow.

464. When you decide it would probably be somewhere in Altara/Illian/Tear

465. When your searchbar finishes the word "randland" for you

I remembered what I was going to put yesterday when I wrote that crow comment.

466. You start thinking that you belong in the Brown Ajah because of your absentmindedness.

467. When asked where you are from, your first response is, "Cairhien", because of your short stature.

467. When you pass a sign on the interstate that reads, "Rand", and you think that you're going to Randland.

468. Further down the road (and coincidentally to the south of the last)  you pass another interstate sign that reads, "Alta", and your brain automatically adds an "r" and an "a" to the end of the word.

lol  Crows. I was on my lunch the other day, reading. And I heard this bird and looked up. Right on the edge of the building was a crow, sitting there watching me. It was weird because I'm actually reading WoT over again, and I was -just- reading about Rand and Mat throwing stones at one.  It sort of freaked me out a little at first.

Nooice. Yeah, when Cleo and I were at the Grand Canyon with her husband on the way to D*Con, we saw a raven I believe (or maybe a crow) and Cleo was all "ARRRgh, the dark one's eyes!" ;)

also, oops. Just changed my number up there to the proper one. hehe

In conversation:

Friend: "Sometimes I feel I have to channel my inner [Tyzack]" 

Me: "Be careful."

Friend: "Yeah, it can be dangerous."

Me: "Stop when you start feeling needles; I don't want you do burn out"

Friend and me: Pause and laugh.

Friend "Did we just nerd down?"

Me "Totally. Rage."

Archived