DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT and mythology

It's pretty obvious that some of the characters from the series are based on ancient myths. Since everything is a cycle wouldn't they be the beginning of the myths? Everyone says that Perrin is similar to Perun, but what if Perun is an interpretation of what Perrin does. Maybe our age is coming up and Rand, Artur, Mat, and Perrin are the bases for our mythology. Also, as a side note, if our age is coming eventually something has to happen to all of that channeling because I have yet to meet anyone who can shoot fireballs from their hands.

most people, including the author i think, say or imply that the books are about both our future and our past. but i think they're just about our future, because there are so many references to things that are clearly, and only, our past, and there are so many remnants of that past mentioned throughout the story. down to the new world veggies, which are all over the WOT world, and the ancient skeletons of extinct animals in the museum.

i don't think the wheel just keeps up an unending repeating loop. i think ages roll back around with a lot of similarities, but with different specificities. i described this once as the wheels on the bus going round and round, but the bus starting at one point, and stopping at another. someone told me that was called a spiral. either way, i think the WOT bus is quite a bit farther down the road from our own time. and spiraling onward.

i don't think the wheel just keeps up an unending repeating loop.

I don't think that it is a repeating loop, either. If that where the case then there would not be mirror worlds. I do think that if you look at the wheel as a whole eventually are world is going to pop up again. (or a variation of our world or the world referenced in the book is a variation of our world and we are a different cycle)If we say that these characters are the basis for our legends just as our history is a basis for there legends then our age would be coming up.(not immediately, but in an age or two) So, one question that keeps coming up in my mind is, "what happened to the channeling?" If our age is coming up then channeling has to go away at some point.

Archived