DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

the windfinder apprentices

so i am on crossroads of twilight one of the more boring books i think. and every time i read it i think of the windfinder talan. where do you think she was taken to by merrilee do you think merriliee is black or just full of good intentions if she is black ya thinkg she took talan to convert her to the dark side or is she going to try to get her to the tower wich isnt all that far from caemlyn

just something ive always wondered about cause we never find out by the end of tom do you think they will pop back up in amol

just curious about it

Well, Talaan said she wanted to become an Aes Sedai. I always just assumed that Merilille took her to the tower.

Whether or not she turns up again, I have no clue. With everything that needs to be done in aMoL, I don't find it very likely that this one stupid(albeit powerful) windfinder apprentice will get any face time.

I think anyone of us would be haul ass away from Windfinders at the first opportunity if we were under their authority. Merilille likely just used the Winderfinder apprentice to rationalize to herself why she was abandoning her appointed duties.

I understand that AMoL will be the last book...but will it REALLY be the LAST book? Theres a lot of loose ends... theres a lot of history / background / culture splashed throughout the book. If they wanted to, they could make this a 'main series' like the dragonlance with a whole bunch of offshoots and side histories. Hell if I was the author thats what I'd do. But then again, I'm just a lowly peon what do I know :biggrin:

I understand that AMoL will be the last book...but will it REALLY be the LAST book? Theres a lot of loose ends... theres a lot of history / background / culture splashed throughout the book. If they wanted to, they could make this a 'main series' like the dragonlance with a whole bunch of offshoots and side histories. Hell if I was the author thats what I'd do. But then again, I'm just a lowly peon what do I know :biggrin:

Who knows. Frank Herberts son continued writing the Dune series after his dads death. So long as its from RJs notes I think it would be great.

If not, maybe not so great. Dont think it would be very good if some bloke began writing about people not present in the main series for example.

She's obviously not in the WT unless she's hiding out as a servant and knows how to mask. Egwene has taken backwards and forwards roll calls in her attempts to winnow out BA and Mesaana.

One very wild possibility - Rand will use Talaan as a third helper along with Nynaeve and Alivia. Seanchan, Sea folk and AS for balance. Much has been made of the fact that she's very strong and she's also from a very influential Windfinder family with great-grand-mum, grandmum, mum and aunt all up there. This might just tie in with the favour he owes the SeaFolk - the one question they can ask.

Probably doesn't hang together though.

Most likely, she's just disappeared from the narrative. Or she's been subverted to the Darkside. Or she's been turned damane perhaps.

Do we know if Merilille is for sure not black?

If not there are two possibilities:

Merilille is not black => Talaan goes to the tower as an accepted

Merilille is black => Talaan gets 13x13'd and becomes a BA/dreadlord for the last battle

IMO there is still a ton of stuff that needs to happen in the last book and would prefer it to be split further (into 2 books) so Brandon does not have to sacrifice or rush any of the story.

Merilille is black => Talaan gets 13x13'd and becomes a BA/dreadlord for the last battle

IMO there is still a ton of stuff that needs to happen in the last book and would prefer it to be split further (into 2 books) so Brandon does not have to sacrifice or rush any of the story.

No, we don't know for sure what Merilille's allegiance is.

Talaan is not in the White Tower but that doesn't mean Merilille is black.

No, we don't know for sure what Merilille's allegiance is.

Talaan is not in the White Tower but that doesn't mean Merilille is black.

She may not be at the WT yet, but IMO that would probably be the end point for her if Merilille isn't BA. However, whether she takes her there before or after TG is impossible to predict.

Archived