DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which book has the best cover art? Title?

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which book has the best cover art?

• The Eye of the World
    • The Great Hunt
    • The Dragon Reborn
    • The Shadow Rising
    • The Fires of Heaven
    • Lord of Chaos
    • A Crown of Swords
    • The Path of Daggers
    • Winter's Heart
    • Crossroads of Twilight
    • Knife of Dreams
    • The Gathering Storm
    • The Towers of Midnight
  2. 2. Which book has the best title?

• The Eye of the World
    • The Great Hunt
    • The Dragon Reborn
    • The Shadow Rising
    • The Fires of Heaven
    • Lord of Chaos
    • A Crown of Swords
    • The Path of Daggers
    • Winter's Heart
    • Crossroads of Twilight
    • Knife of Dreams
    • The Gathering Storm
    • The Towers of Midnight

One of the catchy things about the books, before reading them, is they're beautiful cover designs and often enchanting names. I know we shouldn't "judge a book by its cover," but I like to look at them. Also, discuss what you think the scene on each cover refers to, in context to its book.

My favorite title was The Fires of Heaven. Other catchy titles include: The Eye of the World, Lord of Chaos, Crossroads of Twilight, The Towers of Midnight, and A Memory of Light. None of the titles suck, but those are the best (or most stand-out) titles.

My favorite cover art design is definitely Lord of Chaos. It's absolutely beautiful. The Path of Daggers also has a radiant cover art design. Those two, with their enchanting backdrops, had the most spectacular cover art to me. The Shadow Rising would be third pick for cover-art.

I'll go for The Fires of Heaven, can't beat red and black. And as for judging books by their covers, that's exactly what I did. I saw all the books lined up in my local bookshop and was strangely drawn to the black spines and coloured text

Yeah they're very aesthetic with their black covers and colored rings. I think Path of Daggers is the weakest one though with it's brownish rings.

I like Path of Daggers cover a lot. The rest are passable at best, and some downright hideous. LoC i think is almost good. Everything is great on that one except Rand has no expression. He looks way too peaceful considering what he just went through. On all of them it's like the artist has just been given a vague description of some scene and paints it. No emotion and very static. The covers are probably my biggest complaint of the WoT. I think I'll make new covers with printouts of the ebook artwork. THOSE are fantastic.

Some of the titles seem random and not much to do with anything, but whatever. Lord of Chaos is a good title. I like the Great Hunt as well because it has multiple levels of meaning. Winters Heart as well.

One of the catchy things about the books, before reading them, is they're beautiful cover designs and often enchanting names. I know we shouldn't "judge a book by its cover," but I like to look at them. Also, discuss what you think the scene on each cover refers to, in context to its book.

My favorite title was The Fires of Heaven. Other catchy titles include: The Eye of the World, Lord of Chaos, Crossroads of Twilight, The Towers of Midnight, and A Memory of Light. None of the titles suck, but those are the best (or most stand-out) titles.

My favorite cover art design is definitely Lord of Chaos. It's absolutely beautiful. The Path of Daggers also has a radiant cover art design. Those two, with their enchanting backdrops, had the most spectacular cover art to me. The Shadow Rising would be third pick for cover-art.

Really? The covers are awful.

EotW - Some part when Moiraine and co left the two rivers.

TGH - Fictional portion of when Rand recovered the horn the first time as Trollocs Seanchan weren't about to pounce on them

TDR - Neither Mat nor Perrin were there when Rand got the sword.

TSR - In the Aiel Waste although none of what is depicted is really accurate

TFoH - Mat, Rand and Aviendha...somewhere

LoC - After Dumai's Well. Rand is looking good despite being boxed up for so long. The lone AS must be representing all of them

ACoS - in Shadar Logoth, posing before his duel with Sammael

TPoD - Rand leading his forces in some random battle (not a bad cover)

WH - Perrin leading his party in some random place (Looks recycled from TPoD, just different setting)

CoT - Mat leading his party in some random place

KoD - Perrin facing down Galina (so much BAD in this cover it's hilarious)

TGS - Got me (Worst)

ToM - Mat, Thom and Noal at the Towers of Ghengei

New Spring - Lan, Moiraine, Ryne and Bukama traveling (seems recycled from EotW)

My favorite title is The Fires of Heaven. I agree that the titles are good.

I originally read tEotW because I thought the cover looked cool when I was 9 or 10 or so.

My dad was reading the paperback when it just came out and being a young lad who liked knights, swords, weapons, etc. I thought Lan looked totally badass. When I was about 14 and going through my Dad's fantasy collection soon after he passed away I decided to read tEotW purely because I had thought Lan looked so badass when I was a few years younger. Also being a 14 year old boy, Moiraine looking hot may have been a contributing factor as well. It was a much better cover than any of the Terry Brooks and David Eddings books that were also possible choices.

But now I think that tPoD has the best cover due to it having a multitude of soldiers and Rand (I guess somethings never change :) ).

Crossroads of Twilight is my favourite title, with Towers of Midnight a close second (I really wish the BT was dealt with completely in ToM as well as the WT and ToG).

My least favourite title is TGS. Come to think of it, TGS is also my least favourite cover.

Knife of Dreams could've been a great cover, but the shrinking of Perrin really bugs me.

TGS - Got me (Worst)

I agree tGS is the worst one. I believe the scene is supposed to be after that guy bursts into flames and almost burns down the building. Rand curses at the DO. i think that's what the fist-shaking at the sky is about. and the slutty barmaid is Aviendha. To me this is a huge opportunity lost. Even if this is the scene to go with (and there were so many awesome scenes, i'm not sure why they chose this random event), it could have been done a LOT better. it's so static. there's no emotion at all in rand's stance. It looks like a well done highschool art project. I'm not saying i could do better, but they're paying this guy (i assume). Step it up a little.

TGH - Fictional portion of when Rand recovered the horn the first time as Trollocs weren't about to pounce on them

Those aren't Trollocs. Those are Seanchan.

Still never happened in the book, but they aren't trollocs.

TGH - Fictional portion of when Rand recovered the horn the first time as Trollocs weren't about to pounce on them

Those aren't Trollocs. Those are Seanchan.

Still never happened in the book, but they aren't trollocs.

The back of the paperback shows trollocs pretty defined in my book. In the exposition of how they did the ebook cover here, Irene talked to Harriet and Harriet "suggested the cover be a recasting of the print edition of The Great Hunt cover." Thus, they are trollocs

The Path of Daggers was my favourite cover. It mostly stood out for me because of the picture of the statue on the back. I didn't really like any of the other covers all that much, especially Lord of Chaos which kinda looks like it's from a romance novel...But I love all the titles, especially Crossroads of Twilight and the Shadow Rising.

Darrell K. Sweet, who did the cover art for the books, is going to be at SoonerCon in Oklahoma City this weekend. I was thinking about trying to get him to sign something for me. I have to admit, sum of the cover art is a little lame but it would be interesting to see sum of the other things he's done.

The e-book covers are generally fantastic, and I voted for the Knife of Dreams e-book cover. However, the covers for The Fires of Heaven, Crossroads of Twilight, The Shadow Rising, the Dragon Reborn, Towers of Midnight, and The Gathering Storm are all great. The Shadow Rising would be my alternate favorite e-book cover; total badass picture of Mat.

Robert+Jordan+-+Knife+of+Dreams+%5BeBook%5D.jpg

img_2_1296571336.jpg

I went with The Fires of Heaven as the best title.

'A Memory of Light' has such a beautiful and mystical ring to it. (By far) my favorite title since it was first announced, regardless of the content and the knowledge about the story. 'Fatalism, hope, impending peril, a last stand, an end to suffering, a long voyage, sheer epicness,...' Just some things that spontaniously spring to mind when reading that title.

'Crossroads of Twilight', 'The great hunt' and 'Knive of Dreams' have great E-book covers. Honestly never liked the authentic book covers much.

FoH for Cover under protest and TDR for title. After reading The great hunt, you cannot help but to see the Artist has no concept of the books. Loial looks nothing like he should, and Lanfear who is supposed to be the most beutiful women in an age know for beauty is dog ugly. No offense to the artist,but he or she has missed on every cover.

And before anyone says it, of course i know at that point on the cover she is using Mask of Mirrors, but the way Rand and Hurin and Loial describe her, she should still be 10 times better looking then the cover portrays her. :)

My favorite cover is the LoC ebook cover. Dumai's wells was the best battle until the cleansing, and the painting has it down. Lord of Chaos is also my favorite title. It brings to mind Rand's madness, Taim and his evilness, Demandred's bookends, and is really well related to the story, unlike some others.

Archived