DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Two way warder bond

SaBenBen

Ok everyone, I haven't seen this theory anywhere before, and I came up with it all by myself (I think). What if we had an aes Sedai bond an ashaman, followed by that same ashaman bonding the aes Sedai that bonded him? (in other words a two way bond). I remember reading earlier in the series (cant remember where) that just before the breaking, men and women could work together to enhance their power. Now this could just be by linking, but what if they bound each other? Of course, the reason for it being forgotten would be that all the men went mad so it couldn't be used anymore. What I think would be really awesome is that the AS can use saidan and the AM can use saidar. Hopefully, Androl and ........ Forgot her name...... Can use this to escape the BT or kill Taim.

And, just maybe.... Using saidan doesn't apply to to the 3 oaths?

The two-way Warder bond means inevitable death to every couple employing it, if they couple.

We know the bond intensifies the feelings of, um, intimate contact, by allowing the bond-holder to feel a part of what the bonded feels. But with a two-way bond, person A will feel something, which will be felt even more intensely by person B, which will in turn be felt even MORE intensely by person A, and so on. Until their hearts explode from the stress of it.

Granted, it's the best death in a work of fiction since the execution scene in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, but it still is an unfortunate result for characters who still need to accomplish something in the story.

Interesting idea. I think there's something to it; but we know that bonding as the current age Aes Sedai do with their warders wasn't around in the AoL because the Forsaken mention more than once in the series that they think the current Aes Sedai are weak and dumb, but yet they're also surprised by the Aes Sedai's current "newfound tricks" such as bonding.

In other words, bonding didn't exist in the AoL. Still, it could be really powerful if both bonded each other. It might also have some really negative consequences.

Maybe there is some way to perform a 2 way bond without dieing of exponential orgasm? Would be very funny if someone did die like that though.

But Wait!!! Just had thought. Isn't the warder bond "only in a small corner of someone mind" -not the whole mind, and it can be ignored. what if rather than exponential orgasm, could it be that people A and B simply can access and control each other? That would be cool.

EDIT: therefore, let's just say death by EO is out.

Past threads speculated about "2 way" warder bonds. Some of them called it "reciprocal" warder bond.

By the way, the warder bond was not discovered during Age of Legends. A Moridin POV reveals this.

About feelings, a warder bond does not cause the other to imitate them.

The warder gains 3 benefits from the bond::

-quick healing

-ability to go long periods without food/water/rest

-ability to sense Dark One's taint at a distance

The warder bond does seem to have several aspects and may actually be a combination of several subweaves. It has at least some of the same effects as the first-sister bond. We saw Elaine modify the warder bond into the triple bond. I think that if mutual bonding becomes common the parties will work out some modified form. They might include some new features such as making it easier to link or make it easy to travel to the other person's location.

First up, during the AoL they worked together, however we are also told (when Semirhage is torturing that Aes Sedai) that they did not have bonding similar to the warder relationship back in the AoL.

If the warder (or the equivalent when a male bonds) is capable of channelling it is not clear whether or not this effects the compulsion aspects of the bond (though Alanna's doesnt work on Rand, Logain's works on his ladies), nor how it effects the death aspect (we know that if a male channeller warder is killed the female channeller who bonded him still experiences grief, however we dont know about if the female is killed, or what happens if it was the male who did the bonding) - the ability to touch the source may prevent bondee death if the bonder dies. It may also be that the two bonds actually interfere with eachother, not to mention we know little of the way that the male bond works beyond inference.

In any case however, the sharing of sensations/emotions will likely be more profound, though the bond could probably be masked by either party - so that might help. As for the other 'benefits', either party may have enhanced stamina and recovery rates, however I assume that this is a residual result of the power being used on them by the bond holder and perhaps a small amount of the One Power running through the bond as a conduit - which means a drain of power, so its not a big gain in that respect. For the sensing dark spawn, well, if they were both channelers then they could do that anyway.

-Theory

It may be extremely useful in terms of forming circles - by being able to sense each other's condition, however we are shown that this is a phenomenon already present in all female circles (not sure about mixed); indeed I assume that the female led warder bonding process is based on forming circles (while the male's is in imitation, or possibly one of the males developed it as a wilder talent).

It seems to me however, that this process is VERY akin to the Fade-Trolloc link... so who copied who there....

edit:

Dudley gives the sister-bond and multi-bonding as examples of how the weave could be altered, note that we do not know the precise benefits that the sister bond gives (warder-esque?) however it does show the variety the bonding can take, so we cannot assume that the male and female bonding works in the same way or will have the same effects (for example it seems to have a higher level of compulsion)

Past threads speculated about "2 way" warder bonds. Some of them called it "reciprocal" warder bond.

By the way, the warder bond was not discovered during Age of Legends. A Moridin POV reveals this.

-quick healing

Those are among the three benefits. That list is not exhaustive.

It is quite clear in the books, in a number of passages, that Warders are aware of physical sensations felt by their Aes Sedai. Including sexual pleasure. Sorry of that makes you uncomfortable, but it really isn't debatable; the books say what they say.

Maybe there is some way to perform a 2 way bond without dieing of exponential orgasm? Would be very funny if someone did die like that though.

But Wait!!! Just had thought. Isn't the warder bond "only in a small corner of someone mind" -not the whole mind, and it can be ignored. what if rather than exponential orgasm, could it be that people A and B simply can access and control each other? That would be cool.

EDIT: therefore, let's just say death by EO is out.

I agree, death by EO is out. But imagine, what a way to go :biggrin:

-quick healing

Those are among the three benefits. That list is not exhaustive.

It is quite clear in the books, in a number of passages, that Warders are aware of physical sensations felt by their Aes Sedai. Including sexual pleasure. Sorry of that makes you uncomfortable, but it really isn't debatable; the books say what they say.

I was listing the ones unique to the warder. Physical sensations, feelings, and the like; those a common with both the warder and bond holder.

How about this: two woman (or two men, for that matter) bond each other. We've seen what Elayne/Bridgette have to deal with. Imagine that doubled, and then having sex.

trinitytest_500px.jpg

A lesbian exponential orgasm?

I'm on board.

Will it be on Pay Per View?

How about this: two woman (or two men, for that matter) bond each other. We've seen what Elayne/Bridgette have to deal with. Imagine that doubled, and then having sex.

trinitytest_500px.jpg

A lesbian exponential orgasm?

I'm on board.

Will it be on Pay Per View?

It will BE Pay Per View.

^1223810497143.jpg

That's one way to go.

As for the topic , I admit I hadn't though of the whole heightened feelings.It could be limited though and thous survivable (if not pleasant).

Archived