DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TABAC

dimmu666

What kind of survey would you prefer to run?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of survey would you prefer to run?

• That one Empy is harping about with Strongly Agree and all that Jazz
    • Another multiple choice type survey
    • Open ended Survey where everyone writes in their comments
    • I don't care
    • Another option I am going to respond to this thread with

Two Rivers tabac is world famous....what actaully is it? is it just plain old tobacco like in ciggies? or is it WEEEEEED? plainly every single world has to have a kind of drug, i mean look at ours! we invent them! its awesome!!!!!!!

so in Randland....where the hell are the druggies? ok if there is weed or magic mushrooms (or some sorta forkroot) which gets ppl high then why fight!? didn't John lenon and his hippies tell us to imagine all the ppl living as ONE!? for christ sakes DO smoke some ganja and peace out!

err.....yeah i acutally mean the Dark One when i say DO. I'm saying, why doesn't the DO just smoke some MalawiGangbang and peace out. I mean if there really is weed in randland. There are no laws prohibiting tabac anywhere....how sweet is that?. When did Rand and co start smoking? prolly have these stoner parties back at emond's.

• Community Administrator

Well, Tabbac could be pot for all we know.

The Marijuane today, is about 500x stronger then back in the 1900's. 1960's 70's ect. Hell even in the 70's there were tons of places Marijuane was just a common weed. *no pun intended* Infact, even though it had some of the same 'properties' as today.. It was much, much weaker then today. To the point really, that smoking it would be like smoking tobacco, only with a few slightly smaller happiness like stuff added to it. Escentially, Relaxing qualities.

About the only way to prove this, is to find some place where it still grows naturally, and completely unenchanced in any way... But that would involve actually finding it, smoking it, and trying to run from the ATF, or whatever branch handels drugs now days... *I'm sure they are 'camping' that spot for druggies* :P

I think it's clearly tobacco. It's called "tabac" for one thing, and I'm no linguist but that seems a lot closer to "tobacco" than anything anyone calls pot/weed/marijuana/ganga/whatever.

Plus, the descriptions of tabac are much more akin to someone smoking tobacco than pot.

Incidentally, too much is made of how much stronger marijauna is today than in the sixties and seventies. Or so says new research.

Could it be something besides tobacco? I suppose, but it requires a lot of assumptions to make it plausible. I don't buy it.

Although, it does markedly change my perception of the Two Rivers if they're actually pot growers instead of tobacco farmers! That's a whole different subculture! :lol:

Well obviously the simple farmers of the two rivers wouldn't be calling it pot. Why would they? If anything, they'd call it Tabac, because it resembles all the other tabac in the world.. Only theres is 'better'. Theres something different and better about there tabac compared to everyone elses...

For all we know, there tabac is actually a cross breed tabaco and marijuane plant.. *I have no idea if thats possible*. But you just know in the AOL everyone was tokin it up. :P

I think it's clearly tobacco. It's called "tabac" for one thing' date=' and I'm no linguist but that seems a lot closer to "tobacco" than anything anyone calls pot/weed/marijuana/ganga/whatever.

[/quote']

It kind of sounds like wacky tabacky.

Seriously though, I don't really think it's pot. It's probably just tobacco that has a good flavor or stays fresh a long time or has some other favorable quality compared to other tabac.

errrr...NEWSFLASH!!!

the DO is a STONER!!!!! he is hiding outside the pattern and hoarding all the good "tabac" but since hes almost run out and he has to get MORE! so hes coming back to the two rivers sending all those freakin trollocs to take all the weed! FAGGOT!

Whilst hes here though, he'll try to mess up the place cos hes pissed off hes not getting stoned enough then after hes done he'll go back to his pothouse with another 3000 yrs worth of Maoimaoi!!!!!

....chhyeah baby, i just cracked the WoT code.

Umm, no. Theres how many people in the randland world?

Then how many people are in the Two Rivers?

And how many 'tabac' farms are there?

They probably only produce maybe 500 barrels of Tabac at the most. maybe a thousand if there REALLY lucky.

Then, they use maybe a quarter of it on there own. *IF you lived in the 2 rivers, you would probably be smoking up the hasish to, just to stand some of the women right?* :P

The rest of it gets exported at a severely low price, and resold at 50 marks a barrel. *right?*

most of which probably goes to Lords & Ladies? through out andor, and else were. So, really They try to 'conserve' the tabac to last till the next years shipment. So they have to have a barrel last a year. And they are probably around the once aday smoker category.. *That and the tabac probably gets used by pretty much everyone in the lords home...*

ROFL, good topic. I voted Yes simply because even if it is only tobacco I only smoke a cig maybe an average of once a week because my wife smokes and is always offering and I can't always say I don't need one simply because of the stress at work. But when I smoke that one cig the nicotine definitely gives me a good buzz so if Two Rivers Tabac is the best I would assume it would give me one too.

aiiie...respect. Most of you don't think tabac is anything more than plain tobacco but i'm a hardliner and i'll keep believing otherwise until rj tells me i'm totally wrong. I mean do you think an entire world (albeit the seanchan) can exist with its only "drugs"-tobacco and alcohol? way back in our own history, indigenous natives have had long traditions of sucking on this plant leaf which has mild sedative and 'high' effects, ppl have eaten 'mushrooms' which had weirdo effects and they kept on taking them, Indians and chinese have had opium for hundreds of yrs. ok its a given that we invent drugs sometimes initially for medical purposes like heroin and that randland has none of this technology....wait a second....what about POWER made drugs!? ah ha! theres a big market in that i'm sure, someone in randland ought to be doing that, its their substitution for technology and i'm sure with a few weaves on an innocent looking plant....we'll get crazyassed stuff.

Just think about it, its very possible that the two rivers tabac they're smoking is a mild form of marijuana (just like what gandalf and bilbo was smoking), rand does it when hes thinking and depressed and after all its a tool of escapism.

I think Rand should get totally high just before TG..that way he'll fulfill the prophecies (cause another breaking) by waving callandor around like a retard shouting "pffffff you faggot shai'tan, come let me shove this up your arse!"

Archived