DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why, Hello There!

bhskeeper11

Hello all,

I'm Kate, not new to forums, but new to DM. I've known of the WoT series for many years (hard to avoid when you're born and raised in the same town RJ lived) but have only read the first 5 books, twice (school and life always seems to interfere with my plans). However, I'm a terrible person and cannot resist not knowing if my "hunches" have merit (they usually do) so I have seen just about every spoiler known to man :tongue:. I have recently begun rereading them while on break from my university, and am up to Fires of Heaven with two and half months left of break; victory is within my grasp! This time, I decided to join DM so I could talk to others who are as fond of WoT as I am. Glad to be here and happy reading!

Tai'shar DragonMount!

Go Kate Go! You can do it!

And welcome to DM :biggrin:

Check out the Social and RP Groups while you're here - lots of fun to be had, apart from discussing the books.

I've taken part in many RPs before, but I'm curious about these "social groups"... I have peeked at a few threads in various social group boards but haven't really found out what the social group concept is, though the "social group faire" sounds quite fun. Could you help explain what these social groups are?

Forgive me for my woolheadedness; it came from my father's side of the family. :wink: Thanks!

Hi Kate, I'm relatively new to DM myself and am a member of two of the Social Orgs. The White Tower and Warders' Guild and also the Aiel. Both of them are great ways of joining in and having fun with people here on DM. The WT is based on the WT of the books and you start as an Initiate and can then choose to go down either the Aes Sedai or Warder path. There are discussions and games and just general hanging out to be done. My other Org is the Aiel, it's a little smaller than the WT, but equally friendly and welcoming. We even have lovely tasks for our new members to do, so you can get straight on with joining in and making friends. There are other Social Groups available as well. They are all about halfway down the list, in the Social Groups section (if you go too far you will find the RP section, but that's no bad thing either) so have a look through them all and see which ones take your fancy. There should be a sticky at the top of each group that tell you how to join so all you need to do then is sign up. It will probably be one of the best and most fun things you will ever do.

Hi Kate, I'm relatively new to DM myself and am a member of two of the Social Orgs. The White Tower and Warders' Guild and also the Aiel. Both of them are great ways of joining in and having fun with people here on DM. The WT is based on the WT of the books and you start as an Initiate and can then choose to go down either the Aes Sedai or Warder path. There are discussions and games and just general hanging out to be done. My other Org is the Aiel, it's a little smaller than the WT, but equally friendly and welcoming. We even have lovely tasks for our new members to do, so you can get straight on with joining in and making friends. There are other Social Groups available as well. They are all about halfway down the list, in the Social Groups section (if you go too far you will find the RP section, but that's no bad thing either) so have a look through them all and see which ones take your fancy. There should be a sticky at the top of each group that tell you how to join so all you need to do then is sign up. It will probably be one of the best and most fun things you will ever do.

Somehow I managed to overlook the thread that actually explained the social groups, so thanks for telling me they were there! *gives freshly baked noms* I'm also glad to hear I can join more than one--I was facing the hard decision of joining the Warders of the WT or the Aiel, those being my two favorite "groups" of the series. I filled out a form for the WT, so hopefully I'll be diving headfirst into that soon. I figure when I get the hang of things I'm going to try joining the Aiel, too. Thanks again...you're awesome! :biggrin:

*pets Ithi and nods* she's a nice girl our Ithi :)

Welcome to DM Kate :) Basically the social groups are a fun place to interact with other WoT fans. Some have themes to them, others are just about having a good time. Some people are members of them all - others only one.

Personally i am an Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah in the White Tower and a Deathlord in Shayol Ghul. I don't have time to keep up with anymore LOL I am also the Mistress of Novices in the White Tower RP group, a mod here on the newbie board, mother of 2 and i also work full time managing a busy service (gas) station.

Anyway, if you need a hand with anything feel free to send me a PM or post here and i'll be happy to help out :)

Ama

Thanks, Amadine! I'm slowly (but surely) getting to know my way around here; I found the blog feature last night and I'm really excited about it. :biggrin:

Ha...I feel like I don't have time to do all the things I would like and I'm only a full-time university student (and the closest thing I have to a child is my boyfriend and 2 cats.) :tongue: I bow to your time-management skills. *bows*

victory is within my grasp!

Bursts into laughter* OMG I say that all the time! I totally just cracked up at that too btw, in the middle of my schools library no less. *whistles innocently*

In other news welcome to DM, I hope to see you either Social side of things or RP. If you have questions about the RP Elgee, Ama, and I can answer anything (WT related anyway) about that. I've been an Rper for what feels like forever now. *laughs* Social side is also a blast so either way you win. :)

Glad you got a laugh! It's my favorite thing in the world to do, by the way--make people laugh. What's life without humor? :laugh:

I'm definitely looking forward to jumping in the social side of things. I've RPed for about 10 years now, though I've never seen it set up quite like DM. Every RP I've belonged to had separate accounts for each individual character and pretty much everything was written in-character (even some of the "ooc" topics) so that would definitely take some getting used to. Of course, I'm always up for trying new things!

Thanks again to everyone for such a warm welcome! *hugs all around* :biggrin:

Welcome to Dragonmount!

It's good to see you jumping right into things, it's the best way to do it.

I remember when I first joined, I posted a couple of times, then lurked for the longest time, then actually played a game of Mafia and met a bunch of people and have been fairly active since.

Thanks! I guess it's because I've been a part of many other forums before -- I'm no stranger to the awkward feeling of "what do I do?" when you first join a new forum with people you don't know.

I'm having fun so far and enjoy getting to know y'all (yes, I'm from Charleston, SC... I say y'all)! :biggrin:

Archived