DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2011 French Open

Krakalakachkn

Anyone else been watching this?

My thoughts are all follows:

Djokovic is playing unbelievable tennis. I haven't seen Federer play yet this tournament, but from the way Rafa's playing, I expect Djoko to win the tournament.

Would have liked to see Mardi Fish go further.

The Monfils-Ferrer match is surprisingly close and awesome. Watching the 5th set play right now (2nd day - first suspended due to darkness) and this is ridonkulous.

IT'S MONFILS!

I think is the better technical player, but boy can Monfils pull some amazing shots out of his ass. I honestly don't know how he does it.

Anyways, I was hoping Ferrer would win, but I do love watching Monfils play.

Soderling is good, but I don't think he'll ever be top 3.

I think the Federer vs. Monfils match is going to be surprisingly grueling. I think Monfils is going to surprise Federer. All he's got to do is get past that mental block that always ruins him.

Well, I would not write off Söderling that easily. He definitly has the skills to reach top three, he just needs to get his head sorted. And he has made improvements there as he's gotten older.

And of course, with nadal and Federer having been so dominant for years now, it is quite hard to tell what it looks like beneath them.

Also, with regards to the Djoko v Fed match, I think Fed played better tennis overall, but I'm still kinda upset because I think Djoko had a better chance of beating Nadal in the final.

Federer can still pull it out I think, but he's going to have to bring everything he has got. This could prove him the best if he beats Nadal; his only win at the French Open came win Soderling beat Nadal. I feel like Federer still has something to prove.

I think Federer has a good chance, simply because he wants it more. I think he sees the end of his career coming closer, and he should want to end on a high. Whereas Nadal still has years left. Also, Federer has looked very impressive so far, whereas Nadal has not, except against Söderling. Of course, Fed vs Nadal in a final means earlier matches does not mean all that much, as both usually pulls out their a-game for these bouts.

Archived