DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

To touch destiny(SG)[Ranch]

Angelica

((OOC: Sorry it took so long, family emergency kept me away from the net. as far as the Trip goes, sure thing, just let me know when you start it.))

Angelica spent several days resting after her sickness. Not once did she try to touch the source again on her own, knowing that if she did she may not wake back up from that horrible nightmare. The pain she went through in those first hours sent her into such racking convolutions, it felt as if her body was being torn apart from the inside. Sleep came rarely and short when it did come. She spent most of her time staring at the ceiling trying to ignore the pain.

She also had many hours to sift through her thoughts and decide what she really wanted to learn. The One Power is very much a mystery to her. What are its limitations? Are there Limits or can she learn to do anything if she put her mind to it. She knows that manipulating the mind is at least possible as she did just that when she first showed signs that she can use such power. Perhaps she should hone that particular ability. It would show those pitiless fools a thing or two if she just ‘convinced’ them that she is their betters. What would it be like if she managed to enthrall a King or Patriarch? They would be just marionettes dancing to the strings of the Great Lord. Angelica had smiled at that thought before darkness took her once again.

Today was the first time she slept for any great time and when she woke up she felt like new. There was no pain, and only a little weakness that announced that she hadn’t had much to eat. She quickly dressed and moved toward the Ranch house and grabbed something to eat before moving towards Nalia’s room and tapped lightly on her door. She waited a few moments before she heard her mentor’s voice calling to come in and opened the door to face her future.

Cari was walking through the house as Angelica was entering Nalia's room. By the time Cari was passing through again they were exiting.

"Cari, we need some random chores to do for some testing."

Cari looked at Nalia and at Angelica wondering why she needed her help. But Cari nodded and waved for them to follow.

Nalia lectured Angelica about picking weaves apart and the reasons not to do it. Cari knew most of the reasons she'd spend enough time around her Aes Sedai to know the drill. You never pick apart your weaves because it was dangerous, you could hurt yourself or worse kill those around you and yourself included.

They moved into the barn and Nalia began lecturing on different weaves trying to assern whether or not the girl knew anything at all about channeling. Water, Fire, Earth, Air and Spirit, each had their own uses. Cari really didn't care and spoke up before Nalia counld continue on. "Let me know when you need to know what to do."

Nalia glared at Cari as had been interrupted and then nodded. Cari turned and started with her chores as Nalia began lecturing about touching the true source. Cari listend to the drone of the lesson.

"Close our eyes and imagine a flower. Let the sun warm the flower, as it gets warmer open the petals to the flower slowly, taking in the warmth. Don't take too much in or you will burn up. You will find peace be careful, too much can kill you."

And the lecturing stopped, Cari could only assume she was watching Angelica practice grasping the One Power. Cari shuddered and went back to mucking out the stall she was in.

Cari

As Angelica and Nalia head outside to practice, it was a surprise to run into Cari and even more of a surprise that Nalia asked her to help out. Angelica smiles and nods to her as she joins their progress to the training area of Nalias choice.

As Nalia warns Angelica about pulling weaves apart, she has a look of confusion painted on her face. What does she mean pick them apart, is that even possible? How could I even know where to begin unless I can see the flows to undo? But she keeps the warning at heart, maby she will know what she is talking about as she learns more about the weaves.

As we walk into the barn, Angelica gives Nalia her fullest attention as she explains about the different elemental weaves and their basic uses, Spirit catches her most attention, as it has the ability to affect minds. Did she use Spirit on Davyn that day; she touched the source the first time?

Angelica closes her eyes as instructed and tries to imagine herself as a Flower. She holds that image for a while and fails to keep the image in her head. A Flower? I have death at my fingertips and I must think of a flower? What am I going to do, imagine myself as a pansy as I cause someone’s head to explode, with Fire? This won’t do… Angelica thinks for a moment as she comes up with a solution. What else could I use as a focus besides just a flower? It would have to be something that I can identify with, something that has a sense of death to it…Ahh…I think I got it. Concentrating again she follows the directions she was told and imagines her self as a Flower, but not just any flower a Black Lotus. A nasty little thing that her accomplices back home used to coat their weapons with before assassinating their targets. The extract of a Black Lotus insures a quick death as it causes their hearts to beat so rapidly they pretty much explode after only a few minuets of pain.

Keeping the Black lotus in her mind she opens up her petals as if inviting the suns rays to warm them and then feels a tingling as she fills up with that same euphoric sensation she felt when she killed Davyn. Just as she understands that she just touched the source it vanishes, just as quickly, “Ahhh, I think I felt something…but it slipped…should I continue? It was wonderful†she says to Nalia with a look of triumph and happiness on her face.

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry it took so long I should be better about this now.

Cari listened as they continued until Nalia was happy with her progress. They moved on to different basic weaves and it was now Cari's turn to be the object of some torture from Nalia.

Nalia weaved a little air and blew the hay Cari had been sweeping all over the room. Nalia isntructed the girl to do the same.

Before Angelica could begin Cari walked over to them. "Is this the object help I will be preforming."

Nalia waved Cari away but Cari didn't go. "I will not let you interferr with my chores. Sweep with it don't make a mess!"

Nalia nodded to the girl. "Fine, push the hay into a corner for the misses here to sweep."

Cari glared at Nalia. "Be glad you weild the one power or you would find yourself dead in the morning." It was an empty threat and they both knew it, to kill on the ranch meant death for the killer.

Cari

So far Angelica had managed to catch fire to some hay and singe her own dress trying to weave fire, broke the door to the barn from rock debris that she will have to clean up after her lessons, and now Nalia wants her to sweep up the hay into a neat little pile in a corner? After an hour or two just trying to touch the source she found it even more difficult to weave her flows. Her grip on them would fail when least suspected or sometimes she would lose control and have everything mess up in unforeseen consequences. However she was determined to get this right at least.

Picturing the image if the Black lotus to mind she reaches out and embraces the source. Saidar fills her with joy and a feeling of tranquil power surging through her forces a smile on her face. If she could hold onto that forever she would, but Nalia explained that would be dangerous. The more you use it the more you want to pull in more and if you pull in to much, She could Die, or worse, lose Saidar forever. Weaving Air as explained she tosses the weaves out like a net to cover the entire floor. The weaves stretch out sliding between legs to touch the hay just so. Angelica smiles to herself wondering how Cari would react if she knew just how close the power was to touching her. Kill us indeed. With this kind of power at hand I could crush her before she even drew a blade, I could…oops! Her hold on Saidar slips and the weaves retract quickly and snap at Cari’s ankles attempting to trip her on the floor, they tried to grip on Nalias but she was prepared and sliced the flows before they grabbed her. The hay around the room was pulled in and formed a neat pile around Angelica, covering her from head to toe.

Blushing, Angelica digs her way out of the hey and picks the straw out of her hair, “I’m sorry, I got distracted...I’ll try not to do that again…but its all in a pile right?†with a shake from Nalias head she knows she needs to try it again and then sighs as she reaches out for the source once more. The Black Lotus, reaching out with weaves of Air, touching the pile of hay she slowly begins to gather it all into a ball as it lifts up into the air. Angelica couldn’t help but suppress her smile at this much of a success; maybe channeling wasn’t so hard after all. The hovering ball of hay slowly moves towards the corner and then drops the hay into a not so neat pile, but enough that it wouldn’t take much to sweep it manually, “There you go Cari, better then before, happy?â€

Looking back at Nalia she smiles, “I think I’m getting the hang of it…what’s next?â€

• 4 weeks later...

Cari sighed this was going to be a long day with these two jokers bothering her chores. But she'd do it for now, but she hoped Nathan would come in and stop it.

Nalia continued with Angelica's training showing her all the different elements and some more complicated weaves. It wasn't until dark though that things got overly interesting.

Nalia held a globe of light high in the barn arches. "Now let's learn a little about using multiple threads together." Nalia instructed Angelica on the basics of creating a light ball. Cari over heard fire and air and prayed to the Great Lord the girl would not set the place a blaze again.

"Now you try." Was all Cari heard as she walked out of the barn.

OOC: she's not going far.

Mat/Cari