DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When on a redaing binge...

brolie

So I've had periods where I will take breaks in between reading but lately I've been reading all day every day pretty much and I keep relating people to characters in the book (in my head, I tried saying "wow, that chick really sounds like Verin but they didn't understand)... but like, sadly my mom reminds me A LOT of elaida and this friend of mine, jeff, reminds me of perrin alllllll the time.. anyone else have this "problem"?

I wish I had time to read books all day every day. Unfortunately, I have kids to feed. I mean... fortunately. Anyway, I sometimes see actors/actresses on TV or in movies that I think "that's how I picture [insert character name here]" but I don't think I've ever done that with real people... however, now I'm going to start comparing co-workers and family members to WoT characters. Thanks for the idea! :biggrin:

I remember reading in an Aldous Huxley book how a character in it would compare all people to the Roman Emperors Augustus, Tiberias, Caligula, Claudis and Nero. And he would say how he would imagine if a person had extreme power and wealth which of them he would resemble. I have found this amusing to do.

first: sorry for the typo in the subject line.... my B

second, yeah, i dont literally read all day every day, just bits and pieces during the days or each night instead of having to wait a week (or more) before getting to pick it up again. there are days a read one sentence every hour because of my babies haha.

it didn't happen until recently though, but my mom was talking about her coworker who was a bit chunky and a know it all and the way she mimicked her, it made me think of verin... and it's actually in reading when im reading about elaida and im like "woah, kinda like my mom!" things like that. not on purpose, just that i've been in my book so im still in the mindset of being in randland, instead of reality.. maybe im just going insane and becoming more dissociative than normal.....

Archived