DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why no reincarnation for Sammael?

I was re-reading Crown of Swords yesterday and have a question.

Why wasn't Sammael ever re-incarnated by the Dark One (like the Gars were)? Sammael was killed by the misty stuff in Shadar Logoth (not balefire, right? I've never heard anything to indicate Mashadar killed someone "beyond recovery" like balefire does...

It wasn't like Sammael wasn't doing a pretty good job (for a Forsaken). He was spreading Shaido chaos all over the place. So why didn't Sammael warrant a second chance?

The Gathering Storm Book Tour, Scottsdale Public Library, Phoenix Arizona 16 November 2009 - kcf reporting

Brandon also said that the Dark One would have liked very much to transmigrate Sammael but didn’t. Apparently, since he died by Mashadar, Sammael was either unable to be transmigrated or it would have been a very bad idea. Basically, Mashadar tainted Sammael’s thread somehow.

The Gathering Storm Book Tour, Scottsdale Public Library, Phoenix Arizona 16 November 2009 - kcf reporting

Brandon also said that the Dark One would have liked very much to transmigrate Sammael but didn’t. Apparently, since he died by Mashadar, Sammael was either unable to be transmigrated or it would have been a very bad idea. Basically, Mashadar tainted Sammael’s thread somehow.

Makes sense. If Mashadar was equal in power to the DO's taint (as seen in the cleansing of the male half), then I can easily Mashadar somehow twisting Sammael's thread. At the very least, Mashadar probably makde Sammael's soul insane...

Oh, i should mention RJ's quote.

Netherlands tour 8 April 2001, Elf Fantasy Fair - Gonzo reporting

RJ: Sammael is dead. He is dead. He is dead. He may be reborn again, but then he will not remember he was Sammael. He cannot be reincarnated. He is dead.

So, he is definitely dead and cant be reincarnated a s per Brandon's clarification. But he CAN be reborn like normal. So the tainting of the thread isnt a permenant thing, I take it that it was just enough to prevent the DO's window of oppertunity. (he has a time limit on when he cna resurect them. Thus, why he doesnt raise people who have died years ago etc...)

They're all lying to you.

The real reason is that if you're such a lame-ass mofo that you get killed by a freakin' CLOUD, the Dark One wants nothing more to do with you.

But getting killed by a TREE is OK? And you don't just get reincarnated-you get put in a HOT chick body? How is THAT a punishment?

The real reason is that if you're such a lame-ass mofo that you get killed by a freakin' CLOUD, the Dark One wants nothing more to do with you.

But getting killed by a TREE is OK? And you don't just get reincarnated-you get put in a HOT chick body? How is THAT a punishment?

Ummmm....well.....to each their own, I guess. But yes, I think that was intended as a punishment.

Ummmm....well.....to each their own, I guess.

Hilarious!

That time of the month... Need I say more?

A.

Ummmm....well.....to each their own, I guess.

Hilarious!

He is trolling ofcourse :biggrin:

Well, thats not too far off the truth.

Crossroads of Twilight Book Tour 18 January 2003 - Cambridge, MA

Q: Is Sammael dead?

RJ: Jordan responded that Sammael was dead as of the end of A Crown of Swords. Jordan felt that the character was a "louse" and didn't deserve a dramatic death ala Rahvin or Be'lal. He deserved a very vague death and was killed by something that he didn't pay attention to.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chella

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could shead some light on who it was that helped Rand in Shadar Logoth when he was trying to kill Sammael?

Was it Morridin?

Well, thats not too far off the truth.

Crossroads of Twilight Book Tour 18 January 2003 - Cambridge, MA

Q: Is Sammael dead?

RJ: Jordan responded that Sammael was dead as of the end of A Crown of Swords. Jordan felt that the character was a "louse" and didn't deserve a dramatic death ala Rahvin or Be'lal. He deserved a very vague death and was killed by something that he didn't pay attention to.

So RJ felt that Be'lal deserved a dramatic death over Sammael? I always felt that Be'lal was the least interesting of the Chosen, although I had always been wondering why RJ decided not to kill him on screen.

Archived