DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Suggestions for TV shows?

Hallow

With the season coming to an end I'm starting to find myself without shows to watch and was wondering if anyone could recommend some shows to me. For reference, here are most of the shows I've watched from start to finish (Or everything that is currently available).

- Community

- Big Bang Theory

- How I Met Your Mother

- 30 Rock

- Friends

- Scrubs

- Family Guy

- Modern Family

- Arrested Development

- Firefly

- Stargate SG-1

- Stargate Atlantis

- Stargate Universe

- Battlestar Galactica

- Heroes

- Doctor Who (2005)

- Flashforward

- House

- Boston Legal

- Game of Thrones

- The Tudors

- Rome

- Walking Dead

- Dexter

- Chuck

- Breaking Bad

- Boardwalk Empire

- Mad Men

- Leverage

- NCIS

I also usually dont enjoy cartoons or anime, with the exception of Family Guy.

Sooo.. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

northern exposure, dead like me (sorry about the ending), original twilight zone, dick van dyke show, star trek anything, survivors (sorry about the ending), bones, monty python's flying circus, the 3 episode BBC/PBS sherlock holmes series (3 episodes, grrrrr), doctor who every other year, especially 4th doctor, the seven-up series (documentaries, but all great), dexter. . . when you're done with those there are a few hundred more.

Californication

Shameless

Justified

The League

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Weeds

Damages

Heard good things about most of them, will look into it :)

northern exposure, dead like me (sorry about the ending), original twilight zone, dick van dyke show, star trek anything, survivors (sorry about the ending), bones, monty python's flying circus, the 3 episode BBC/PBS sherlock holmes series (3 episodes, grrrrr), doctor who every other year, especially 4th doctor, the seven-up series (documentaries, but all great), dexter. . . when you're done with those there are a few hundred more.

Never cared for Star Trek. Seen almost all of Monty Pythons Flying Circus of course :D Have a hard time of getting past the weirdness of the old Sci Fi shows like Old Doctor Who and Twilight Zone so think Ill give that a pass, oh and Ive seen Dexter :p Bones never really caught me either. Will look into Northern Exposure, Sherlock Holmes and Dead Like Me though.

Law & Order: SVU

Boston Legal

Fraiser

Happy Endings

United States of Tara

Borgais

Sons of Anarchy

if you liked Tudours, then Borgais is right up your alley *nods*

Heard about the Borgias, has it started yet? Frasier Ive seen enough of to not want to go through all of it, not that it isnt funny but I'm a bit tired of the humor. Seen Boston legal (Amaaaaazing Show) and for some reason I always though Law & Order was excruciatingly boring, but I'll look into the others :)

Lettuce not forget the perennial favorite, Fawlty Towers

Forgot about that one, great show :)

Thanks for the replies everyone :biggrin:

You list is very similiar to mine Hallow.

Don't get your hopes up about Borgais... it wasn't as good as Tudors.

I second the Sherlock Holmes series. Can't wait to watch next season.

Luther - BBC show kind of like Sherlock

The Wire - Probably my favorite TV show of all time. Give it 3 - 4 episodes. Maybe the best character development I have seen on TV. Think Law and Order... but strip away all the boring parts like the Law and Order.

I second Justified as well. Really love this show.

The Killing - Currently on TV but very good so far. Really you should just watch anything AMC puts on the TV.

Nurse Jackie - I mean it isn't the best thing ever but still fun to watch.

If you like Dr Who, watch Torchwood. The first season was ok... the had kinks to work out. Second season was better... and then out of nowhere they blow me away with the Children of Men.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Entourage - Nothing ground breaking... I watch it when it is on because it is just good enough to hold my attention.

Battlestar Galactica - Loved this show when it was on sci fi.

Friday Night Lights - Ok the current season is sort of so so... but the previous 4 were strong. I resisted watching it for a long time but am really glad I fell into it. Great characters and interactions.

30 rock - So funny, but more high brow comedy. No laugh track to tell you when something is funny like other shows. (Yeah I hate laugh tracks)

Jekyll - BBC mini series I quite liked.

Carnivale - Older HBO show that was canned before it's time... but really good.

well if your going with older HBO shows, might as well add in Soprano's (sp)

Emp, i disagree about the Borgais. i think it was excellent, and lived up to the hole the Tudors left on showtime. the season ended last Sunday, and i watched every episode. the characters are likable, though i'm finding i love Lucretcia. theres not as much sex as the Tudors had, but theres still a good amount of political intriuge and deception. Jeromy Irons is wonderful in it, though hsi character is severly deluded imo. as far as the show living up to the Hype that surrounded it, then Emp is right, it didn't. but still, it was enjoyable and did a good job replacing Tudors.

a new series comming this fall is called "Homeland" which looks very interesting. its form the producers of 24, and is comming to Showtime. the plot line is about a soldier that was presumed dead in 2003 but has been recovered after a raid on an Al Quada fortress, and the main question in the show is whether or not he's been turned and is now a spy for Al Quada; but the hands of the female protagonist are tied cause this soldier has been given a hereos welcome and everything, so she goes rouge to keep an eye on him in the hopes of preventing a new attack.

older shows that i liked whch you can still catch, either in reruns or on various sites on the internet are

- x-files

- rosanne

- my so called life

if you like Family guy, you might want to try a show called "Robot Chicken" as well. it's produced by Seth Green and Seth McFarlin does some work on it sometimes as well. also theres Futurama too you might want to try. these are cartoons ofcourse, but with targetted for adults.

also, i know you said you don't typically like Anime, and really theres few i like so i understand. butthe two i do like are .hack//Sign and InuYasha. .hack you'll probably wont be able to find unless you order the DVD sets off line, its an older american style anime. but the plot line for the show (as well as the games) is awesome and something any internet social community lover would enjoy. the games are really fun to play as well so if you have a PS 2 or a PS3 that plays PS2 games, you should look into those as well (its an RPG style game though)

InuYasha is easier to find. Adult Swim (viewable on Cartoon Network after 10pm EST) usually has veiwings of the show later at night, generally after 12am. thsi is the same network you'll catch Robot Chicken on btw as well as re-run episodes of Family Guy, Futurerama & American Dad. you might want to check out some of therie other shows as well.

Emp, i disagree about the Borgais. i think it was excellent, and lived up to the hole the Tudors left on showtime. the season ended last Sunday, and i watched every episode. the characters are likable, though i'm finding i love Lucretcia. theres not as much sex as the Tudors had, but theres still a good amount of political intriuge and deception. Jeromy Irons is wonderful in it, though hsi character is severly deluded imo. as far as the show living up to the Hype that surrounded it, then Emp is right, it didn't. but still, it was enjoyable and did a good job replacing Tudors.

Don't get me wrong, I watched every episode... but it just fell short for me. I think it was because I had a hard time connecting with many of the main characters because they were so flat... or one dimensional. I think my favorite was the assassin.

Archived