DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Glad to be here

Jay Aldridge

Hello, I'm Jay. I am knew to Dragonmount. I've never joined a site or facebook before. I have very little computer knowledge and was nervous about joining. After checkin out this site for about a year, I just couldnt stand not being a member any longer. I love these books and I,m excited to finally be a member. I hope will have something to contribute to the discussions. I,m not very comfortable on a computer so if I do something wrong, please point out to me. Thanks for any help you can give and thanks to Jonathan for getting me activated.

What's going on Jay? Welcome to DM. We have many different groups that have a lot of different discussions all the time. If you need help, let me know. PM me or you can find me in the social communities.

Rykin, I'm impressed, not far from a newbie yourself and already helping others out!

Welcome Jay to the wonderful world of DM! As Rykin said we have many different groups. Social communities are based on different areas in the series and allow to hang out with people and then you have roleplaying communities that allow you to write yourself into the books, and lastly we have just general book discussion for those who just want to talk about the books (but do be wary of spoilers!)

As for me, I'm Jea, second in command of the Band of the Red Hand social Org, one of the best around in my honest opinion. *hands Jay some extra special chocolate fudge brownies and a Brew Tea* Stop by the Band and you will most certainly get some more of those :wink:

Welcome Jay! Don't worry about computer knowledge, most stuff on here is pretty straightforward as far as that goes.

I see they've already given you a nice introduction to the site even!

So how long have you been a WoT fan? And what got you to finally join us here on Dragonmount?

Thanks for the welcome. I started reading WOT in 2007. I was hooked after the first chapter. They are the only books I've ever read twice and I think I will reread them several more times. I've already picked up alot i missed on the first read. What finally got me to join? I had to be a part of this! I think it's great that there is a place where discussion and theories can be exchanged.

Glad to have you here Jay biggrin.gif

How are you liking DM so far? There's so much to do here.

I've read WoT more times than i care to count LOL I started reading in about '93 and have read the first 6 books at least 12-13 times...

Ama

Glad to have you here Jay biggrin.gif

How are you liking DM so far? There's so much to do here.

I've read WoT more times than i care to count LOL I started reading in about '93 and have read the first 6 books at least 12-13 times...

Ama

I'm liking it alot so far. Still learning how to navigate around. I don't want to end up somewhere I'm not supposed to be. I have a question. After 12 or 13 reads thru the books, do you still pickup on things that you missed on your last reread? There are so many twists and plots in the series I can see how that would be possible.

Hi Jay, the folks on the WOT discussion boards constantly surprise me with all the different theories and stuff that they spot, that I just never saw myself - so yes, I think you will still be able to spot something a little bit new every time you read them.

I'm a member of the social groups myself though, I'm in the Aiel and the WT - both of which have strong links to the books. The social groups are a easy way of meeting people here on DM in a nice gentle way. We are all super friendly. It's always good to have new members join us :-)

Jay i recently did the whole WoT by audiobook and i found little tidbits right through the series. And Ithi is right, the discussion forums with all the different theories certainly put a different spin on things.

I truly think that all the twists and sub-plots are what makes WoT so re-readable, every time you re-read you gain a little more clarification.

It's almost impossible for you to end up somewhere you aren't meant to be! Unless you are trying to avoid spoilers that is LOL As to the social groups and RP section by all means check them out! If you like what you see then join up. Everyone is very welcoming of new people at DM. And if you run across something you aren't sure of just drop me a PM. biggrin.gif

Ama

Jay i recently did the whole WoT by audiobook and i found little tidbits right through the series. And Ithi is right, the discussion forums with all the different theories certainly put a different spin on things.

I truly think that all the twists and sub-plots are what makes WoT so re-readable, every time you re-read you gain a little more clarification.

It's almost impossible for you to end up somewhere you aren't meant to be! Unless you are trying to avoid spoilers that is LOL As to the social groups and RP section by all means check them out! If you like what you see then join up. Everyone is very welcoming of new people at DM. And if you run across something you aren't sure of just drop me a PM. biggrin.gif

Ama

Thanks Amadine. If I come up with any questions I might send you a PM. . . . If I can figure out how.

Archived