DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Southpaw89

Jordancon 2012

We're going to be at the Doubletree Roswell, which is just off GA 400. Really easy to find. I can't recall room rate off the top of my head. Artist Guest of Honor is Sam Weber. We're still working on Author GoH and Toastmaster. The theme is "Car'a'con", so look for lots of cool Aiel stuff.

We're in the middle of completely redesigning the website to be more user friendly. Once we've done that, I'll post here.

I would just like to say that this year's was awesome and extremely impressive!

Jen is wonderful and it is an experience that I think every dmer should have..

We really need a specific dm booth/meeting place though, so we can actually see who is from dm, the home website of the great Kathana.

I know I saw several people posting on dm that they were there.. but I don't believe they introduced themselves to Jen.. which is sad.. she'll just about hump any one :D

*flees before she is killed* >.>

I would just like to say that this year's was awesome and extremely impressive!

Jen is wonderful and it is an experience that I think every dmer should have..

We really need a specific dm booth/meeting place though, so we can actually see who is from dm, the home website of the great Kathana.

I know I saw several people posting on dm that they were there.. but I don't believe they introduced themselves to Jen.. which is sad.. she'll just about hump any one :D

*flees before she is killed* >.>

I was just happy that some DMers introduced themselves to me. You wouldn't believe how many people show up to cons and just expect that I'll know who they are and then get miffed that I didn't immediately clutch them to my bosom and proclaim them my bestest friend for life. I met LOTS of fans every year, to the point that everyone at these events looks vaguely familiar to me.

And if you guys organize some sort of "DM takes over the bar" night at JordanCon next year I'll be there and I'll make sure Jason is too. I've tried to balance planning DM-centric stuff at the cons I'm working, and it just makes me crazy. I really need someone to step up and beat the Dragonmount drum and make this stuff happen.

Let us know and we will help where we can and get the word out again. I know i'll be there this time, being i won't be on deployment like 2011's.

I had an idea... perhaps you could bribe them >.>

Like an dmer who's. Sign in, or knew members who join get a free year of premium? Or even six months?

I know it shouldn't be like this but the word "free" grabs a lot of attention..

If Jason wants to do something like that, that would be up to him. Argonaunt Entertainment and Age of Legends, LLC are two separate legal entities.

Besides, if the prospect of breathing the same air as Brandon Sanderson isn't enough to bring it, a premium account won't do it. What will bring people out is knowing their friends are attending and they'll have cool folks to hang out with. And if I could score someone like Jim Butcher as a guest, or even GRRM. But the biggest thing is saying "I am attending" on the boards and letting all your friends know we will talk about them if they don't show up.

Not super BFFs, but yes, they were friends. And yes, GRRM is someone on our list of people we'd like at JordanCon someday. Scheduling him is very difficult though. Despite the popular perception that he spends all his time goofing off, he actually spends quite a bit of time working and doesn't accept many invitations these days. And the ones he does, are usually scheduled over a year in advance.

home website of the great Kathana.

*snort*

she'll just about hump any one :D

heh... :wub:

What will bring people out is knowing their friends are attending and they'll have cool folks to hang out with.

We all know she means me. :unsure:

Also, I'm totally planning on going. If I can work it out right, I'll be able to go to Australia the week before, then swing over to Atlanta for JCon. :biggrin: I hope I can!

What will bring people out is knowing their friends are attending and they'll have cool folks to hang out with.

What would bring me is a planeticket *winkwink, nudgenudge* biggrin.gif

The hotel is very reasonable, however. I'm really hoping we can book it up so they can lock it up and limit it just to us JordanCon-ites.

Also, beating the Art Show drum (as I do) - if you purchase a booth in the Art Show, you get a free membership. Extra incentive. :biggrin:

P.S. Many cool things afoot this year. If you don't plan to go to JordanCon now, I don't want to hear your complaints later when you hear about all the cool stuff that happened without you. :cool:

As it stands now, we have the entire top floor to ourselves. They'll start adding us to the next lowest floor as we get more hotel bookings. I don't *think* we'll buy out the hotel this year, but it's very possible for next year. We've already got some big stuff in the works for 2013.