DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Predictions on the future of the (twin) towers

I'm quite interested in your predictions for the future of the black and the white tower.

Will there be a 'gray' tower with combined male & female again?

Will the white tower open its doors to the male channelers now that saidan has been cleansed?

Will the black tower be destroyed?

Will there be a Tamyrylin and Amyrylin (spelling police help lol).

Love to know your thoughts :aessedai:

I'd like to see them join. I think it would help correct a lot of the misunderstandings and predjudice between genders. Anyway things are supposed to go in circles in the WoT so they should end up merged at some point.

Based on Avienda's vision in ToM, it sounds like the Black and White Towers are destined to be separate. I think it makes sense for them to be "separate but one" just like the yin-yang symbol of the Aes Sedai portrays.

Now, here's the kicker... although I think the Black and White Towers will stay separate, I do not think male and female Aes Sedai will stay separate. I think over time men and women will intermingle between the two Towers, the Towers themselves becoming offices of purpose (e.g., the White Tower's purpose is order and law, while the Black Tower's purpose is defense and research/advancement).

Based on Avienda's vision in ToM, it sounds like the Black and White Towers are destined to be separate. I think it makes sense for them to be "separate but one" just like the yin-yang symbol of the Aes Sedai portrays.

Now, here's the kicker... although I think the Black and White Towers will stay separate, I do not think male and female Aes Sedai will stay separate. I think over time men and women will intermingle between the two Towers, the Towers themselves becoming offices of purpose (e.g., the White Tower's purpose is order and law, while the Black Tower's purpose is defense and research/advancement).

Oh I like that idea about the different Towers having different purposes. I hope all the Ajah´s will burn and the AesSedai will go back to the old way of the Ajah.

Hmm that's an interesting idea. Kinda reminds me of how the Ajahs evolved from being temporary, fluid groups to set, structured groups.

Exactly... only I want the Ajah to become fluid again. I think the strict hierarchy between the ajahs is conservative to knowledge, creates unnecessary secrecy, and bickering.

I'd certainly prefer to see this.

Pedant's Corner..

In EotW Prologue, Ishy referred to LTT as once having worn 'the Ring of Tamyrlin' (no 'the'). So it appears that Tamyrlin is a person (or just possibly a place!).

http://steelypips.org/wotfaq/2_nondark/2.4_yore/2.4.06_tamyrlin.html

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Tamyrlin

But it's not unlikely that a leader of the Asha'man may become known as 'The Tamyrlin'.

/ pedant :wink:

My prediction: The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds.

As a result of a confrontation between the forces of Logain spearheaded by Androl & Seaine and Taim's faction, dark Asha'man, channelers trained in secret somewhere [that Kash!], Black Ajah, Shadowspawn and turned channelers of both sexes, Mezar Kurenin, Nensen and Tarna among others.

Logain's side will emerge victorious and he will find his glory, dead or alive. If he survives, he will be the new M'hael, if not, I think Narishma will follow after as leader.

The bonding thing will bring the men and the women closer together, in the end. They will work together in the Last Battle. After that, I think there'll be a slow merging of the two towers, but that will happen after the end of AMoL.

One thing, though: In Aviendha's visions of the future in Rhuidean, the towers were separate power bases even after the Last Battle. The Black Tower fell to the Seanchan but the Asha'man fought on in secret, and then The White Tower fell, too. But I don't think this will happen - Aviendha will inadvertently find a way to avoid that fate when she tries to save the Aiel...

My prediction: The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds.

As a result of a confrontation between the forces of Logain spearheaded by Androl & Seaine and Taim's faction, dark Asha'man, channelers trained in secret somewhere [that Kash!], Black Ajah, Shadowspawn and turned channelers of both sexes, Mezar Kurenin, Nensen and Tarna among others.

Logain's side will emerge victorious and he will find his glory, dead or alive. If he survives, he will be the new M'hael, if not, I think Narishma will follow after as leader.

The bonding thing will bring the men and the women closer together, in the end. They will work together in the Last Battle. After that, I think there'll be a slow merging of the two towers, but that will happen after the end of AMoL.

One thing, though: In Aviendha's visions of the future in Rhuidean, the towers were separate power bases even after the Last Battle. The Black Tower fell to the Seanchan but the Asha'man fought on in secret, and then The White Tower fell, too. But I don't think this will happen - Aviendha will inadvertently find a way to avoid that fate when she tries to save the Aiel...

You know I thought about the 'rent by fire and blood' prediction. I'd say that the black tower as an entity, not necessarily a physical location is already experiencing this AEB (as evidenced by) the rift and killings between Mazrim and Logain. And I think it'll come to a climax with one or both dieing. As far as aes sedai walking in the tower...well they're already done that so no biggy.

That little fortelling I feel was horribly misunderstood by Elaida. Especially since she felt SHE was the one to bring it to be. Which will bring up my next topic lol.

I wonder if the events happening at the end of the towers of midnight of the fire, was not caemlyn burning but The Black Tower. It did say it was to be rent in blood and fire. Also it does appear that the site of the black tower will become the place for the kin and the ashaman will go to tar valon and use the unbuilt palace.

Archived