A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jack Bauer vs. Moridin

jkeaves

Is Heart of Glass A Tune???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is Heart of Glass A Tune???

• TUNE!!!
    • NO TUNE!!!!

I'm glad at least a few of you got the humor of the poll. Of course, Moridin has the upper hand. He can kill thousands of people with the True Source for crying out loud. But that's not what this poll is about. It is about having fun with characters that we all love. Besides, we forget that Jack Bauer's world is just as contrived as Randland. We don't see it as such because Jack Bauer's world is very close to our own. Let's face it though, Jack should be dead. He's not. Why? 'Cause the story is written so. There are two cases for how Jack Bauer could win against Moridin. The case would be built on the simple fact that the Dark One cannot reincarnate someone who has been balefired. This shows that the Dark One is not omniscient and is likely bound by time as we are. Thus, a story could be written such that Jack Bauer traps Moridin in a vacuole, or some other such time displacement device, and blows up Moridin with a trap nuclear bomb. A second case addresses the curiosity of the steddings. Though I don't believe we have ever seen the True Source being used in a stedding, I'm going to assume that it can't. Further assuming that since both the One Power and the True source cannot be used in a stedding, I doubt the Dark One can use his powers in a stedding. If those assumptions are correct, trapping Moridin in a stedding and shooting him would severely hinder Moridin's defenses, save for Wells and the like. Now, the Dark One might be able to reincarnate Moridin even if he is killed in a stedding (though we haven't seen this done have we?), so what would happen if a whole world is a stedding? Say Jack Bauer's world? Moridin in a world were he can't use his powers? Well, let's just say a 9mm to the head makes quick work even with aspiring world dominating evil geniuses like Moridin.

On a side note, I think an interesting way for Rand to deal with the Dark One breaking out of his little evil-doer jail cell would be to turn the whole planet into a stedding (again, assuming that even the Dark One cannot touch/ use his power in a stedding). This effect will be temporary of course as weaves break down eventually and the likelihood of building a building that big in such a short notice would be a little much. Still it might be an Age long. Or long enough for technology to arise. When the technology they cling to so much fails them against some unknown force, a new kind of hero would emerge and the the Dark One sealed again into his prison. The comes the age of legends, the breaking, yadda, yadda. How's that for a crazy theory?

Point is, have fun with the story. Almost any kind of theory can be created and supported with the information put forth in the books (as I just demonstrated). But the moment we start agonizing over small details is the moment we forget why we got hooked on the world RJ has painted for us. Tai Shar RJ!

P.S. McGyver would totally kick Jack Bauer's @$$ !!

Archived