DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where in the world is Valan Luca?

GrandpaG

Here's one possible cameo appearance that he could make at the Last Battle:

Billy Bob looked around and saw the greatest circus in all the land set up near the soldiers camp. None of the soldiers were doing anything but waiting. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he heard the blood-curdling battle cry of a madman. Out of the entrance of the circus came a man riding an elephant for all it was worth. He wore a bright crimson cape that flagged behind him as he charged full bore toward the shadowspawn guarding the gloomy abode of the Dark One.

"Follow me! Come on, now! All of you! Join Valan Luca! Today we defeat the Dark One himself!".

More people riding elephants, bears, lions, and all manner of critters from the circus followed their leader. As they were consumed by the first rank of shadowspawn, the soldiers looked at each other questioningly and went back to waiting for the order to advance. Billy Bob took another lick of his ice cream cone, settled back against his tree, and waited for the next show.

I didn't like his character as such, but I did enjoy having him and his party in the series. Having Elayne tight rope walk and watching Nynaeve get shot at by Birgitte made it worth suffering through Valan.

Do I remember something about him "always dreaming of performing in Tar Valon"? That's probably not too far from where all of the Light forces are gathering...hhhmmmmmm.

Whats with all the Luca haters out there? Hes one of my absolutely favorite side characters in the whole series, and hows this for foreshadowing: "For enough gold, Valan Luca would kidnap the dark one"...just sayin.

Here's one possible cameo appearance that he could make at the Last Battle:

Billy Bob looked around and saw the greatest circus in all the land set up near the soldiers camp. None of the soldiers were doing anything but waiting. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he heard the blood-curdling battle cry of a madman. Out of the entrance of the circus came a man riding an elephant for all it was worth. He wore a bright crimson cape that flagged behind him as he charged full bore toward the shadowspawn guarding the gloomy abode of the Dark One.

"Follow me! Come on, now! All of you! Join Valan Luca! Today we defeat the Dark One himself!".

More people riding elephants, bears, lions, and all manner of critters from the circus followed their leader. As they were consumed by the first rank of shadowspawn, the soldiers looked at each other questioningly and went back to waiting for the order to advance. Billy Bob took another lick of his ice cream cone, settled back against his tree, and waited for the next show.

He won't be riding an elephant, he will be riding a S'redit (or boar-horse for the non-seanchan simple folk).

Depends how much someone pays him. I do believe Mat said in CoT that Luca would "fight the Dark One if someone payed him enough."

Goldstar-nice avitar (partial to the 3 siders me self (tips hat)

Anyway... I just want to here them yell "Send in the clowns!"

Also where in the world is Carmen Sandego?

Oh by the by, didnt Luca show up in the Lord of the Rings movie, with some reject Aiel with swords? :cool:

Man its late...

When I think of Valan Luca I see a cross between the Evil Magician in the Frosty the Snowman movie (with Jimmie Durante singing the title song) and Barnie Fife from the Andy Griffith show. Stingy. Self-centered. Strutting about. I can almost hear him making that snuffing noise and throwing back his shoulders like Barnie always did when he thought that he had said something special. He went really far out of character when he laid his heart at Nynaeve's feet when begging her to stay with him. It must have been hard for him to be that open. I started this thread as entertainment but some of your comments have me thinking that perhaps there was some foreshadowing going on. Time will tell!

When I think of Valan Luca I see a cross between the Evil Magician in the Frosty the Snowman movie (with Jimmie Durante singing the title song) and Barnie Fife from the Andy Griffith show. Stingy. Self-centered. Strutting about. I can almost hear him making that snuffing noise and throwing back his shoulders like Barnie always did when he thought that he had said something special. He went really far out of character when he laid his heart at Nynaeve's feet when begging her to stay with him. It must have been hard for him to be that open. I started this thread as entertainment but some of your comments have me thinking that perhaps there was some foreshadowing going on. Time will tell!

I'm pretty sure he's in the Tower of Ghenjei trying to save Moiraine.

Archived