DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Eye of the World revisited?

Hi, gang. Forgive me if this has already been addressed elsewhere... The entire concept of the Eye (a pool of pure, tangible, liquid One Power, seems way to cool to not come around again in some form. I recall Moraine saying something to the effect of the Eye having the power to reseal the prison or break it open completely.. Aes Sedai both male and female gave their lives to create that pool of saidin and it's use just seemed rather anti-climactic. So, anyway, do you guys think we could see some sort of use of the liquid OP in the final novel? Perhaps in conjunction with Lanfear's knowledge of the Bore... For that matter, what other things specifically from TEOTW would you guys like to see in AMOL?

As far as I remember, the Eye is gone and no one needs a liquid store of Power to be able to channel clean saidin now. By now, comparing what happened at the Eye and what happened at Maradon, Rand seems more than capable to draw more (or at least just as much) of the OP than the Eye ever contained. Don't know that there would be much point to bringing this concept back.

I always just thought that the Eye was there to show that the taint on saidin could be cleansed. I mean, it was made after the taint, and here is this pool of untainted saidin. Call it VERY early foreshadowing to the end of Winter's Heart.

Just my thoughts.

Guest Emu on the Loose

That's right...Moiraine did say something about how the Eye was needed in the fight against Evil, and then of course Rand wasted it to win his fight with Evil's henchmen. Maybe the idea of "Liquid Power" will turn up again in AMoL. That'd be cool.

All im saying is that if the Aes Sedai in the AoL had wanted to hide the horn, the banner, and the seal, they could have done so without sacrificing themselves to bury those objects in pool of pure saidin.. Had I been there Ida been all like: "Sheeeiiiit! Lets just cloak this crap with the Mirror of Mists and call it a day!"

:aessedai:

Two Points:

1) Saidin was Initially tainted because something has to touch him, and whatever touches him will become tainted.

2) Wells are stored essence of (Saidin or Saidar - you choose), and when using are not effected by shields, the Guardian Ter'angreal that mimic the effect of Stedding, but are limited in storage capacity.

Moraine stated that it (TEOTW) was placed their for mankinds greatest need, but no one knew what that need was for, and was concerned that it was used for it's unintended purpose. So what is the intended purpose:

To fight the Dark One. They built it as powerfully as they could, to provide a source of Saidin to fight the DO with, without tainting the source, that way the seals could be re-done or whatever.

Archived