DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When this story is all over, does anyone else agree we need a prequel story about Shadar Logoth?

Awakened

I've got to agree. the shadar logoth backstory has always been extremely interesting to me. There's just so much there. That being said, there are a ton of prequel/outrigger novels that would be absolutely wonderful to be able to read (provided they were done well).

Agreed but then I think there should be a prequel story about everything lol.

Lol, I agree. Or maybe a huge book with short backstories like Tolkien and his son did. Although I dk if there is anything being called short in the Wheelworld.

Nope. Don't need it. It was already more than efficiently explained in TEotW. It would just be a cross between M,S, and T and LotR. Don't really want any prequels outside of the planned ones, ones that actually relate to the main story. But I could fantasize about a series of books about the Trolloc Wars. Doesn't mean I want them written, but a big series about that time and those Wars would be cool to imagine.

Guest Czechs In The M'Hael

I always thought it'd be cool to read about Ishamaels dealings with Artur Hawkwing.

Shadar Logoth could be interesting but there would be no relevent "good guy" that I can think of.

Shadar Logoth would be cool to read about. I'd also like some more about the AoL. Only because all that past stuff only forms the faintest image in my head.

Outriggers would be nice too...

((I would probably read anything involving Randland that hits the shelves. *LOL*))

The thing that always made me curious about SL was the actual character Mordethand his place in the universe. He doesnt seem to match anything we've seen since; not a human, (maybe) not a shadowspawn...what is he? Mat, when he was first fighting the gholam in Ebu Dar was shocked to see the gholam squeeze itself through a small hole in the wall, and remember that he had seen something very similar back in SL. I've wondered if Mordeth is one of the gholam that was created back in the War of the Power and has just been wandering arround all this time, and, without direction has developed a sense of self and purpose.

Guest PiotrekS

I would also like to see Morteth/Mashadar/Fain explained. It is especially important since Fain will probably play a large role in AMoL.

What was it that Mordeth found? How did Mashadar come into being (even in WOT, human hate and paranoia alone are not enough to create a real, murderous fog, with existence of its own)?

How is it possible that the evil of Shaddar Logoth is able to succesfully fight the Dark One and his minions? Shouldn't all evil be eventually subjected to the DO?

If not, then back to question one - what evil power existed that was powerful and absolutely independent of the DO?

But as far as prequels go, I second the wish for one about Artur Hawkwing, Ishamael etc. Also:

- Trolloc Wars

-time right after the Breaking, founding of the White Tower, Aiel journey into the Waste

- Age of Legends (love story Mierin/LTT/Ilyena) :tongue:

- the founding of the Sanchean

I would love to read those, but only if RJ were here to write them - I wouldn't like them to be actually written by Brandon or anybody else. It seems sure there are not enough notes for any of these and that would be too close to exploiting RJ's legacy.

Our hunger for more WOT is hard to curb. Once you read (touch) the WOT (true source) it becomes hard to let it go. I think Shadar Logoth has served its purpose and has been dealt with enough :angry: . But... I would read about it if it was written :blush::smile: !

I always thought it'd be cool to read about Ishamaels dealings with Artur Hawkwing.

Shadar Logoth could be interesting but there would be no relevent "good guy" that I can think of.

I think this is what would make it such a good story, you dont always need a good guy.

That being said the war for power would be great.

Archived