DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tinkers and AMoL

I don't know exactly why, but I have a feeling the the tinkers and their lost song will be an important part in AMoL.

We have seen them in quite a few books, and Aram was notably a very important figure.

A lot of aiel running off to be tinkers...

Tinkers travelling with Perrin to the last battle?

Rand KNOWS what song they seek...

What do you think their part will be in the grand scheme? Besides turning tail and running lol.

I have this nagging feeling that the Tuatha'An will actually be the 'Remnant of the remnant' of the Aiel the Car'a'carn is meant to save. I just re-read Aviendha's trip through the glass column, and given that she herself considered the possibility of it being a possible future but then discards it because it felt more real this loose thought I've had for a while is now taking more and more shape.

The Tuatha'An, while also split off from the original Aiel and having wandered from their vows, have held more closely to their orignal purpose than the Three Fold Land Aiel. They're existence is centered around finding a Song and living the Way of the Leaf. The way things are going, with all the symbolism and surfacing of the real opposing forces (darkness versus light), I think the Tinkers will play a role in the Last Battle where the true battle won't be of swords and One Power, but of Peace versus Strive. Darkness can not be defeated by adding more darkness to it. The only way to defeat darkness is by lighting a light in to it. Then another and another. Fighting, killing, destroying, for whatever reason, no matter how honorable, does not belong to the Light. It belongs to Darkness.

I think the Tinkers will play an essential part yet, though probably not as dramatic or as explosive or impressive as the Aiel and I think that will be the whole point of it all. The nature of true strength revealed not as a mind blowing show of force and physical prowess, but as a never wavering inner dedication to the Light and harmony.

Of course, this may all be just a fancy from my part. lol I truly hope I'm wrong and the Aiel will have a purpose that will steer them clear of that future Aviendha saw. I can't imagine WoTland without them, to be honest.

I don't know exactly why, but I have a feeling the the tinkers and their lost song will be an important part in AMoL.

We have seen them in quite a few books, and Aram was notably a very important figure.

A lot of aiel running off to be tinkers...

Tinkers travelling with Perrin to the last battle?

Rand KNOWS what song they seek...

What do you think their part will be in the grand scheme? Besides turning tail and running lol.

I think they will have a few pages, and somehow 'find' the Song. If they don't then basically they were useless to the storyline and I doubt that they would be around since the very beginning if they don't have some way to wrap up their storyline too.

The Tinkers will be the only surviving the Aiel, the so-called remnant of the remnant. The rest are doomed to perish and succumb to eradication. Pretty much only those Aiel who throw their spears aside and rejoin the path of their ancestors will survive the upcoming events.

A whole lot of people have proposed that the song of growing is needed to restore the bore, rather than seal it. In so many words: make it whole.

I like that theory.

I like it too. And more than that Rand now knows the effect of the Song. He probably had the Voice. The growing thing seems a lot like a ta'veren effect on the pattern to me, or a lot like Rand's effect around him post-VoG.

@Chinnma - This idea comes from the fact that Rand saw the Aiel in the AoL and the Ogier and the Greenmen singing and making things grow through the ter'angreal in Rhuidean. Also, Lews Therin asked Ishamael in the Dragonmount prologue if he had "the Voice." Which many people seem to think is a talent from the AoL that is related to Treesinging or perhaps "the Song" that makes things grow. My opinion is that now that Lews Therin and Rand are fully integrated, he knows/remembers the "Song" and since he is "one with the land" he'll be able to teach it (along with all the Aiel clan chiefs who went through Rhuidean) to the Tua'atha'an before the end. I think, as has been stated, that the people HAVE TO UNITE and sing together (Ogier, Aiel, Tinkers, SeaFolk, Seanchan, Aes Sedai, etc.) in order to completely re-create or "un-make" the bore. They won't just seal it, they'll actually re-create the prison wholly and completely, IMO. THIS is why "the North and South must be as one, the East and West must be as one." They must sing together in one Voice to make it work. Cheezy? Maybe. Foreshadowed? I think so.

... My opinion is that now that Lews Therin and Rand are fully integrated, he knows/remembers the "Song" and since he is "one with the land" he'll be able to teach it (along with all the Aiel clan chiefs who went through Rhuidean) to the Tua'atha'an before the end. I think, as has been stated, that the people HAVE TO UNITE and sing together (Ogier, Aiel, Tinkers, SeaFolk, Seanchan, Aes Sedai, etc.) in order to completely re-create or "un-make" the bore.

So, the final battle is a song? I love it. Will there be a bouncing ball? (Apologies to everyone who is too young to remember "Sing Along with Mitch")

I also had the idea a few years ago that "the Voice" or "having the Voice" was basically the same thing as being Ta'veren. Having an effect on the pattern. Except that during the AoL, it was something rather common actually "used" on the Chora treese, that got lost afterwards, just like other Talents, and is only now coming back, like a lot of Talents.

Isn't this the same song Loial was singing?

Basically yes. it seems the treesinging that Ogiers do is very close to that.

The tinkers are doomed the way I see things. Doomed to fade away without any relevance to the plot. And their future after AMOL is equally bleak. If I recall things correctly they are thinking of settling down and that will be a deathsentence for the Tuatha'an as they exist right now. Within a few generations there won't be anything which sets them aside from the regular folk in Randland. They've only survived so long as a culture because they kept themselves isolated. Once they settle down that will be the end of that.

As far as I know, Rand seeing the song being sung when he is in Ruidean indicates that one of his ancestors knew the song. I find it hard to believe that no other Aiel since the AOL has seen the same thing during their Clan Cheif trips. Keep in mind as well that Rand now has access to LTT's memories, not those of his ancestors. I don't believe there is any indication that LTT knew the song, and im pretty positive that he wasn't Aiel, so once again I don't understand how everyone is so sure that Rand knows it. Im not saying for sure that he doesn't but like a lot of things in WOT, it seems to be one of those things that is possible, but we have no evidence for.

... My opinion is that now that Lews Therin and Rand are fully integrated, he knows/remembers the "Song" and since he is "one with the land" he'll be able to teach it (along with all the Aiel clan chiefs who went through Rhuidean) to the Tua'atha'an before the end. I think, as has been stated, that the people HAVE TO UNITE and sing together (Ogier, Aiel, Tinkers, SeaFolk, Seanchan, Aes Sedai, etc.) in order to completely re-create or "un-make" the bore.

So, the final battle is a song? I love it. Will there be a bouncing ball? (Apologies to everyone who is too young to remember "Sing Along with Mitch")

I know the Lost Song and so does Rand/LTT...

Rand: Ashaman harmonize!

Ashaman/Aes Sedai: I'd like to teach the world to sing ...

Ogier/Saldean farmers:In perfect harmony...

Seanchan/Sea Folk: I'd like to buy the world a Coke...

Aiel/Tinkers: And keep it company...

Two Rivers men/Band of the Red Hand:Coca Cola...

lol atlas!

Got another one!

Rand, Perrin, Mat:

There comes a time

When we heed a certain call

Tinkers:

When the world must come together as one.

There are people dying

Ooohhh and it's time to lend a hand

To life, the greatest gift of all.

Aiel:

We can't go on

Pretending day by day

That someone somewhere will soon make a change.

We are all a part of

Light's great big family

Tinkers:

And the truth

You know

Love is all we need.

Children of the Light:

We are the world

We are the children

We are the ones who make a brighter day

So let's start giving.

Kin:

There's a choice we're making

We're saving our own lives.

It's true we make a better day

Just you and me.

Tinkers:

Well

Send them your heart

So they know that someone cares

Aiel:

And that life will be stronger and free

Ashaman:

As the Dragon has shown us by turning stone to bread

And so that we all must lend a helping hand

Aes Sedai:

We are the world

We are the children

So let's start giving

Ashaman:

We're saving our own lives

Just you and me.

Seanchan:

When you're down and out

And there seems no hope at all

But if you just believe

There's no way we could fall

Well now now now let us realize

Ohhhh that a change can only come

When we stand together as one yeah yeah yeah yeahh

Seafolk:

We are the world

We are the children

So let's start giving.

Ogier:

Just you and me.

All together now:

We are the world

We are the children

So let's start giving.

Just you and me.

As far as I know, Rand seeing the song being sung when he is in Ruidean indicates that one of his ancestors knew the song. I find it hard to believe that no other Aiel since the AOL has seen the same thing during their Clan Cheif trips.

I think some of the chiefs and wise ones do know the song. They haven't shared it with the Tinkers because the do not associate with them. They know their heritage and they look with scorn on the Tinkers for abandoning the ter'angreal, sa'angreal and angreal the Aes Sedai left in their care. Will they share it with them in this last hour? I don't know if they will or can bend to do so.

lol atlas!

Got another one!

Rand, Perrin, Mat:

There comes a time

When we heed a certain call

Tinkers:

When the world must come together as one.

There are people dying

Ooohhh and it's time to lend a hand

To life, the greatest gift of all.

Aiel:

We can't go on

Pretending day by day

That someone somewhere will soon make a change.

We are all a part of

Light's great big family

Tinkers:

And the truth

You know

Love is all we need.

Children of the Light:

We are the world

We are the children

So let's start giving.

Kin: