DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to the boards, finally joining!!

brolie

Hey, I'm finally far enough in the books to feel okay about joining, haha. I started Knife of Dreams yesterday but I started reading forever ago. I have two kids so I don't get to read as much as I'd like but I didn't want to join before when I didn't know enough about what happens and I didn't want anything given away! But I'm sure most of you here are already done with Towers of Midnight so I'm still trying to catch up :)

Anyway, my name is Brolie :)

welcome about, may i recommend the RP we arent reached the last few books, and since we are a portal stone world we follow the books more loosely, meaning some things are different, so shouldnt be too many give aways

danke, merci, thanks :)

oh yeah, i mean, so far in the first few chapters of kod a lot of new stuff has happened plot wise so im excited to catch up completely so i can be very vocal in discussions :D but trust me, im the same as you!! i will run my tongue for sure haha

and what is RP? when i was glancing through the main page of the forum i noticed social groups.. is that one of them?

Welcome!!! I didn't end up joining until even later than you lol. I got to the point where I had to wait for TGS and then I wanted more WoT content, so I found Dragonmount.

If you don't want spoilers, just be careful on discussion boards. Social Groups are generally safe though if you are interested though. I know a particularly good one too. ;)

I'm sure I will make my way into the social groups eventually :) I've been perusing the main discussion forum and only had one thing ruined for me from tgs which i was already pretty sure on anyway about verin. i just didn't know her fate but im sure i will still go through the emotions when the reveal actually happens.. ive already had a couple things ruined for me "hey have you gotten to the part where moiraine dies yet?" "WHAT NO!!!!" "oh well don't worry, she kinda comes back later anyway"... GRRR ! that one made me mad.

anywho, what social group would you recommend then? :) perhaps i will stumble in there today :) is it the black tower (judging from your sig)?

since you just started posting yesterday, i wouldn't assume your posts have been ignored just yet. some people don't have a lot of time to post during the week, or at all. you might get responses later than you expect them, but i don't think you'll be ignored. :smile:

yeah .. you're right, i just made a couple posts that i thought would have gotten a response (not opinion but discussion related) and the conversations just continued like i didn't say anything, so i was like "heeeyyy what about my point cuz its pretty darn valid!!" haha...

Hi Brolle,

I was worried about not fitting in or being ignored when I first joined. I have to say that the social groups here are amazing and as long as you are posting you will get all the social interaction your life can take. I'm in the WT and the Aiel and both are really friendly and welcoming.

some of those conversations have a lot of backstory, and have been going on for quite a while, with a handful of people going back and forth on the same issues. i think they're probably just focused on particular responses. try not to let it bug you.

i think you will enjoy the social groups, as some of them have a lot of interaction going on all the time.

(please ignore me if i seem to ignore you, i don't mean to. i go a little post-blind when the threads get long, and i try to stop myself from being on the forums all the time. gonna try some more now, and probably fail.)

Yeah I can definitely be a "post whore" when it comes to things that I like to talk about and I really haven't had anyone to talk about the books with so I am a little yancy in anticipation for conversation haha :) the only one thats really bugging me is my comment on the taim/demondred discussion... it's all right though.. i can be patient, I CAN! haha. I've been on a couple boards where i was at 27,000+ posts, but im a bit older now, with two kids and work and a love life, so i wont be posting as much as i used to in high school :)

but you all here have given a very warm welcome :) thank you! i'll be perusing the social groups once i make this post. and cindy, i personally would have no problems with you remaining online haha. you seem like a very cool person :)

i would sugest taking a look at all the social orgs, personally i am mainly a member of the white tower sosical group, and a dormant used to check up on things in the aiel and sg groups but life got to hectic so something got put on back burn...

but the groups span a wide array of interests, groups of people, atmospheres and so on...i think whats most important is to find the group you have chemistry with, because then you will feel at home and stay (which is good for us as a site in general to be fair), though some of the bigger groups like white tower also fawn a lot of those things within a group, from the book loving browns, too the blues who like harry potter, white who have weekly puzles, gray ajah who do some gardening and cooking treads and so on and on...(also the groups dont always mirror their book counterpart, and there is the warders as well which is worth checking out...myself being a member of the guild rather then an ajah)

Welcome to Dragonmount! Definitely do check out the social groups. I'm a member of the White Tower, so if you have any questions about that group I'd be happy to answer them. Anyway, have fun here, whatever you end up doing! :smile:

Yeah I actually already signed up for the Aiel :) I read through all the descriptions of the SG first before choosing though, I don't scare off easy ;) but speaking of, I should go earn some more ji by checking in hah

yeah .. you're right, i just made a couple posts that i thought would have gotten a response (not opinion but discussion related) and the conversations just continued like i didn't say anything, so i was like "heeeyyy what about my point cuz its pretty darn valid!!" haha...

like cindy said, most posters are quite involved, and it is very easy to miss posts. I can say for certain you are not actually being purposely ignored. Most of us at least dont count how many posts you have submitted as a indication of your knowledge. Im sure there are a few, but for the most part, you will be treated like everyone else!

the only one thats really bugging me is my comment on the taim/demondred discussion... it's all right though.. i can be patient, I CAN! haha.

I jsut read your post, Ill reply to it soon. The problem sometimes with this is you didnt really reply to a post, it was just sorta an opinion, where everyone else has continued, it kinda gets swept away in the ccurrent discussion.

Plus, I dont mean to offend or anything, just merely pointing out that there wasnt anything new about it to most here. It has been discussed TO DEATH!!!!!! has Taim/Demandred, or just Taim in general. Every single point that was made has been made 10000000000 times before. There are dozens of other Taim threads with 10+ pages of discussion. So that may be a reason why the post was glossed over, it is a vaild opinion, and certainly nothing wrong with it at all, it is just that alot of posters have been there and done that, its old news. It isnt a thing done on purpose, to ignore you, just people get caught up in the debate which usually means posts are missed.

Do not fear! you will be heard!

On a related note, I suggest you check out the WoT interview Database

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=372

It is the best source for RJ and Brandon quotes out there and those involved in the deeper discussions have a general understanding of the quotes. Its good for things like Taim is NOT Demandred where RJ has said 1000 times in interviews, has a lot on the nature of the OP, Rand, etc....

We are always more than happy to answer questions here on the boards, but it DOES get a bit annoying when you get 100000 Taim is Demandred comments, sometimes you just want to skip it out and say, gahhhhhh. So that site will help.

Oh, note, i see you havent finished the series. I would avoid the Brandon Sanderson quotes, which are generally at the top of the pages, to avoid spoilers. You have been warned! Be careful!

Absolutely! If I can get off the bloody computer I will be able to finish KoD sometime soon haha. Addiction at its finest! I have been putting off reading the interviews too, although I am insanely curious. The other thing is that I haven't had anyone to talk to the books about so all of it is new to me, so I like that debates happen over and over but I'm sure next week when someone brings up Asmos killer (which I did look into in depth right after it happened in the books while I was reading) I will be like "been there, debated that.." hah. So I'm very hypocritical. I think I am, like I said before I think, over anxious to finally have people to talk to about stuff. I LOVE discussion and debate with books, so I'm glad to be here :) And just about all of my posts have been responded to in one way or another by now so I'm sorry for being whiny about it hah. I just need some more patience I guess.

One thing I absolutely LOVED and I know a lot of people probably hate, is that there are people here that aren't afraid to be like "that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard, you tard" I've seen quite a few posts by randsc like that and I like that people aren't so conscious of making sure everyone feels glorified for their comments/opinions even when you disagree whole heartedly. Plus I hate being a "noob" so to speak ... But I'm obviously not leaving the boards seeing as I'm already addicted hah..

hahaha, thats good, I will be looking forward to some of your posts.

I know what you mean about people being un-afraid. I have had to edit quite a few posts, and have accidentally gotten into my share of vicious debates because I have said something like "thats just stupid" and it offends people. As an Australian, we tend to be a bit more straight-forward, so it can step on a few peoples toes.

But as long as there is no personal attacks or such, argue to your hearts content! Just be ready to admit you are wrong! I think everyone here has had their share of lousy posts!

But thats half the fun!

yeah i much prefer the straight forward posts!! in my opinion, if you can't take criticism, spend an hour with my family and you will learn that it's not all that bad here.. haha. i may accidentally offend too, or say something stupid as i already have so im glad im in the same boat... or something.. haha

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

It looks like you are getting really involved in DM, which is good news! Hope you enjoy the site, and don't hesitate to ask any questions if you want some further help and advice!

Archived