DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sammael Stopping Time?

NetSlider

Perhaps TP traveling, it doesn't use gateways apparently, so it would be a good way to approximate that from what we understand.

I don't think people understand what I'm talking about. When Carridin sees Mat outiside right afterwards he turns around and sees that the assassin girl is frozen and everything else around is as well. And than Sammael appears and gets all in his face about him not finding the stash. After Sammael leaves the girl is "unfrozen" and gives a jumps when she realizes that Carridin is not in the same place he was just a moment ago. So, obviously somehow Sammael influenced everything in the room.

From my understanding, neither Power can affect time.

I would guess that Sammael wove a box of Air around Shiaine and released the weaves when he left.

Just re-read the passage.

From my understanding, neither Power can affect time.

I would guess that Sammael wove a box of Air around Shiaine and released the weaves when he left.

Just re-read the passage.

I think it might be just a mixture of that and compulsion (or just compulsion, as long as she wasn't off-balance when he exerted his power.) I.e. he freezes the person's mind, says his bit and leaves releasing her. Time seemed to have stopped simply because the people affected by the compulsion were not privy to it.

Kinda like if you're watching the telly and fall asleep. You wake up and the film is open but to you it's as if no time has passed at all...

Archived