DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best thread for ending theories?

mdnyttokr

Hi. I'm looking for the best (most popular, longest, insert synonym here, etc.) thread on the forums for theories about the series ending, and for how most of the major plot threads might be resolved. I like loony, but at this point, realistic is preferred. Please don't send me to a thread telling me how Rand is actually Asmodean in disguide, and with Bela's help he will replace the DO, father a love child with Taim, and make Tuon the Amyrlin Seat.

I like stuff like that, but this close to the end, I really want to know what other fans who have read the entire series more than once think will actually happen. I've tried to do a few searches, but cannot seem to locate a consistent thread for the ending. I've also been to theoryland, which is a great site, but some of the theories on there are so "out there" that I don't feel like reading a twenty page explanation for why they are convinced that Taim is Demandred, when RJ explicitly said that was not true.

I would start an "Ending" thread myself, but there MUST be a good one already up by now, right? Why reinvent the wheel if someone else has already made a pretty good one?

Thanks!

P.S. This is a really great community, and I shudder to think that it will come to an end within a couple of years. I hope WoT fans keep this community alive for as long as possible after the series ends.

Hi. I'm looking for the best (most popular, longest, insert synonym here, etc.) thread on the forums for theories about the series ending, and for how most of the major plot threads might be resolved.

In my sig, the FAQ link, there is a page called Blood on the Rocks that covers the major theories concerning Rand's death and possible resurrection. I haven't yet done a FAQ page on the bore-sealing theories, mostly because they are generally abstract with not a lot of evidence to go on. The Demandred and Black Tower pages also cover many of the theories that will come into play in AMOL. I'm also working on another page on Aviendha's visions of the future which is almost done (will include most feasible theories about how the Seanchan truce will work out), and another on the Rand/Moridin link. The bossman was working on a Cyndane page, but I haven't checked his progress on it in a while.

I've also been to theoryland, which is a great site, but some of the theories on there are so "out there" that I don't feel like reading a twenty page explanation for why they are convinced that Taim is Demandred, when RJ explicitly said that was not true.

You must have been mulling around in the Theoryland archives. There are a lot of old and outdated theories on there, but the FAQ represents the current ones.

My hope is that the main series would end after Tarmon Gaidon. Preferably with the births of Rand's children.

The ending of Tarmon seems somewhat certain:: Rand would die (possibly temporarily) and the Light side will win.

Rand's resurrection would be certain if his other prophecies (Viewings/Dreams/Foretellings/etc) are unfulfilled at the time of his death.

My hope is that the main series would end after Tarmon Gaidon. Preferably with the births of Rand's children.

The ending of Tarmon seems somewhat certain:: Rand would die (possibly temporarily) and the Light side will win.

Rand's resurrection would be certain if his other prophecies (Viewings/Dreams/Foretellings/etc) are unfulfilled at the time of his death.

Rand will die and the story will shift to the other main characters in the aftermath. Every good savior needs to die at the end of the story... Come on, everyone knows this.

Fiction that has some sort of savior/saviors, not all have it/them die or have it/them remain dead. Part of that depends on the definition of savior; and/or on the interpretation of the fiction.

good savior? I am not aware of any bad ones.

Archived