DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What if Lanfear 'wished' to die

alykyn

Ok here's the scenario basically without any drama or literary fancifulness.

Lanfear does not know about the three wishes, OR she simply forgets in the heat of the moment.

Both she and Moiraine are being slowly drained of their total strength in the OP (as per Moiraine)

For Lanfear, to be less than herself would be torture so while she is being drained she screams

"I wish I was dead!!"

- Your wish has been granted -

Her soul transmigrates to a new body with her permanent loss in total strength (until she is properly reborn).

Lanfear loss in power - CASE CLOSED

By the time they started draining her undoubtedly they had already granted her wishes.

Not if she didnt know about the 3 wishes, or simply forgets it, and this is her blurted out 'wish'.

It's possible, and makes sense why she dies and is reborn, yet Moiraine is still alive and drained.

By the time they started draining her undoubtedly they had already granted her wishes.

Not if she didnt know about the 3 wishes, or simply forgets it, and this is her blurted out 'wish'.

It's possible, and makes sense why she dies and is reborn, yet Moiraine is still alive and drained.

Lanfear strikes me the last person in the world to ask for death, even inadvertently in any situation. Perhaps after being tortured (as at the end of ToM) but certainly not after simply falling through that ter'angreal doorway, especially given the setup in which the wishes are granted. Also, Lanfear almost certainly knew about the Finn-world. The doorways date from AoL if not before.

Lastly, as Goldstar pointed out, if the Finns quickly killed her there would be no need for Moridin to come and claim her. Nor would it drain her power which is now definitely reduced.

Archived