DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will Rand die... How will Aliva help ???

Osangar1282083176

i posted this in another area as a response to something else so forgive me for repeating it. i think it deserves it's own topic.

rand still has one of the choden kal and callendor. with the two most powerful sa'angreal ever to exist he, and a very powerful female channeler (aliva) might be able to strike mt doom, and the bore, with a bar of balefire, so powerful that it would take it back to a time before the age of legends, before the bore ever existed. do you think this is what rj had in mind when he created balefire? to me it seems possible. also channeling that much of the one power using callendor(no buffers), in link with aliva, might be what kills rand. seems to me this would neatly solve the problem of how to seal the bore, and how aliva will help rand die. what do you Think

I find it ridiculously improbable. Rand used huge amounts of balefire in killing Rahvin, and that only reversed time by something on the scale of 15-30 minutes.

You're talking about reversing time on the scale of 3000+ years.

And that doesn't even take into account that you would completely unravel the pattern in doing so. NO ONE would still exist at that point. The bore would be no more and the Age of Legends would have played out completely differently. The pattern wouldn't be able to handle a change so significant and would fall apart, destroying reality.

Finally, I don't care how strong Alivia is, she will be a mere puddle to the lake of power Rand would be with the Choedan Kal. There would be no balance there at all without the female access key, and that has been destroyed. So I think we can safely say that Alivia would not be of any significant "help" to Rand in this plan.

I don't know how Alivia will help Rand die. It's vague enough that it could mean just about anything. I don't like the idea of the bodyswap with Moridin, but it seems like a much more plausible idea.

hmmm after the well thought out replies i recieved i will have to conceed that this theory is very unlikely however some of you (gentled ben) simply chose to be a smart a**. i never made this thread convinced i was right i merely wanted to start a discussion on the issue but apprantly a discussion of this topic is impossible for some (ben) perhaps you shoud stay home, play with your dolls and suck on your thumb. at least that way you will be happy... ooh look at the pretty colors... good boy ben i knew you could!

i merely wanted to start a discussion on the issue...

Yeah, it was discussed in the other thread, and that's fine; it is worth discussing, but it was dismantled during that discussion the same way it was here, and for the same reasons. It has crippling flaws. They were pointed out in the other thread, and not by me, I might add--I didn't throw my two sarcastic cents in until you brought it over here--and I guess I felt that that should have settled the matter. If the idea was fatally flawed on the other thread, why would it be any different here, especially when you simply copied and pasted it without any revision whatsoever in light of the arguments against it? You already knew what people were likely to say about it, yet instead of fine-tuning your idea in response to the criticism it received earlier, you just moved it and renamed it. That's like dressing a monkey up in a tuxedo and trying to pretend that it isn't a monkey anymore. All that being said, I wish that I hadn't been so rude to your monkey; I would be a little bent out of shape if someone rudely stomped on my idea du jour that way, and like I said, I wish I had phrased my commentary on it in a more respectful manner than I did.

If you think you're on to something with your idea here, then go back to the drawing board and work with it some more, bearing in mind the general consensus that if what you propose were to occur, the entire pattern would unravel, and adjust the idea. Then, re-present the new, improved theory, and we'll discuss it some more. The topic of what might happen whenever balefire's involved is actually a pretty fun one to play around with, and you're sure to find people who'll jump in and enjoy it with you, but Dude, when something gets thoroughly rebutted like this idea did, don't just roll it's bloody carcass across the mat to another thread and expect it to fight like the champ in its new arena. Take the time to teach it some new moves before you throw it back in the ring. :wink:

I hope I haven't made an enemy, and I look forward to discussing topics with you in the future. Seriously. I do. :)

The key melted at the end of the Cleansing. There has been mention of nothing but an empty hole where the actual Choeden Kal was on the Amayar island.

I'd say it's gone, but it's conceivable that it just went China Syndrome and the earth then slumped covering it completely and making it appear to be gone. That'd be lame, though.

The key melted at the end of the Cleansing. There has been mention of nothing but an empty hole where the actual Choeden Kal was on the Amayar island.

I'd say it's gone, but it's conceivable that it just went China Syndrome and the earth then slumped covering it completely and making it appear to be gone. That'd be lame, though.

No, your instincts are correct, there were descriptions of the actual statue melting. Give me some time and I'll find one, but it is gone.

hehe no im not important enough to have enemies
Well, I'm not your enemy, Osan'gar;that wasn't what I meant, but of course you're important! :shock: The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills; you wouldn't be here, none of us would, without a place for us in the Pattern. Proudly take your place! :wink:

Archived