DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Voldemort vs. Moridin

jkeaves

Which character is your favorite bad guy?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which character is your favorite bad guy?

• Ishamael/Moridin
    • Aginor/Osan'gar
    • Balthamel/Aran'gar
    • Demandred
    • Semirhage
    • Bel'al
    • Mesaana
    • Graendal
    • Moghedien
    • Lanfear/Cyndane
    • Shaitan
    • Shaidar Haran
    • Padan Fain
    • Slayer
    • the Gholam
    • Mazrim Taim
    • Alviarin
    • Other-please specify

Not even close. I'd take almost any of the Forsaken over Voldemort. The One Power just seems so much more fluid and dynamic than Hogwart's style magic. By the time Voldemort managed to get his wand up, I imagine Ishamael (or Moridin, if you prefer) would have turned him into a fleshy pulp before Voldemort raised his wand, unless the Dark Lord (Voldemort, not Shai'tan) managed to "Adavara Kadvra" (spelling...I know) him real fast.

Maybe part of the problem in my mind is that the scale feels all wrong. Voldemort more or less contained his activities to the England area, whereas the Forsaken reshaped an entire world.

It's like a totally dominant city league baseball champion taking on the New York Yankees. Okay, that's an unfair analogy...but it's the same kind of idea. Plus, it's hard to imagine Moridin/Ishamael getting thwarted by something as quaint as a mother's love, methinks he would've vaporized the poor Potter child as a baby and been done with it.

Well, I would have to say Moridin as well, cause Voldemort may be insane-o, but he's still human. (Well, as human as you can be with your soul literally all over the place.) Moridin on the other hand is absolutely crazy, and also about 3000 years.

Just a little note, though. Voldemort isn't 40 years, he's more like 90 as Voldemort was born sometime in the 20s. But yeah, that's still nothing compared to Moridin's 3000 =)

Archived