• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>.> There is a club for that.. just sayin'. ❤️

• 3 months later...

kinda feeling the light at the end of a tunnel. given the start to the year i havent felt like really engaging in a while. its kinda been just taking one day then the next. starting to look more forward now with hope though, and what better way to start that than to relax in our library.

anyone else around?

I’m here. It’s been a struggle at my house for a while. I am reading pretty steadily. Swimming almost daily at my gym’s outdoor heated pool. I’ve been baking some banana bread. I’m doing pumpkin bread soon. I have one friend that I’m seeing and she’s coming to dinner tomorrow. I need to get back to finishing my painting of a cat.

oooo those breads sound awesome. i keep meaning to try my hand at bread making, specifically i want to try sourdough, i wanna know what our local yeast tastes like

I'm here. My life has become busy with work and play rehearsal. 

I'm still reading, though. Of course I'm still reading. Just not as much as I'd like. Lately I've been on a Lawrence Block kick, enjoying the early Matthew Scudder novels. He makes me want to live in New York City and hang out in dingy bars until all hours of the morning. 

Lurking mostly - I get email updates when folks respond to threads I've commented in before and sometimes I forget to pop in and *actually* say something....

Work has been up and down with teaching full time face to face and trying to convince high school students to keep masks on as the district now requires but... it's all in a day's work lol Reading has been a great escape from reality, as has been getting back into some creative writing 🙂 

I was working extremely hard, and coupled with still showing Covid-tiredness, I've not managed to come on here for 3 weeks almost.

I'm addicted to a local live nature channel. If anyone wants to check out a live feed, you can find it here: https://wildearth.tv/wildarth-channel/

I'm here, sometimes anyway. I finished that horrid class and started another one that seems pretty tough too. I'm barely into the first week, so we'll see how bad it is. 

it must be cool to live where you have diversity of local wildlife. here it'd be a lot of squirrels, raccoons, skunks and coyotes. what kinds of animals do you get just kind of wandering streets elgee?

what class is it now lily?

This one is called Gender and Communication. It's all about different genders and sensitivity to that. It's interesting and will definitely help me in my work, should I ever have a client who is non-binary in their gender. It's just a heavy workload. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:40 AM, Cross said:

what kinds of animals do you get just kind of wandering streets elgee?

LoL... none! I've never seen any of those animals except in national parks many years ago.