giphy.gif

On 1/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, Maera said:

was that to meeee?

(I will just take the compliment anyway) haha

giphy.gif

Yes, it was to you. 🙂

On 1/17/2020 at 2:54 PM, Ryrin said:

Yes, it was to you. 🙂

Why thankyou kind sword captain, have I told you lately how lovely your clock is looking?

*plops in a bean bag chair*

ahh so what have you lot been up to?

Hi Cross! I don't know if you meant me, but I'll answer anyway. 

Still working and uni is back in session. I don't like the class I'm taking right now, but it's required and sometimes you have to take stuff you don't like. It's a class designed to teach one how to write a paper. So, it's necessary. 

I'm also still trying to sort out my credit so I can buy a house. 

That's pretty much it for me. What are you up to?

oh i mean whoever the heck is around. been super quiet round these parts lately. 

at least the class is necessary, far too often they smack tons of classes that have nothing to do with a major and call it 'required' all it does is run up prices and time. and it sounds like an easy class so thats a plus. 

how many more classes/semesters do you have until the end? 

i've been plugging away. working on strips, writing a new book, helping sis take care of mom. her arm's been in a lot of pain lately, she supposed to be getting a notice to go get an x-ray soon as the doc thinks there may be a hairline fracture. though it could be anything from arthritis, scar tissue, who the heck knows 

I hate taking classes that don’t interest me.

Ive had a busy week. Swimming, paint group, lunch out on Friday, pedi & lunch out with different friends today. Book club tomorrow.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Maera said:

Why thankyou kind sword captain, have I told you lately how lovely your clock is looking?

Sword Captain?

Do we have to be quiet in the library?

Well more like I want to get to know you better😄 I think it's safe to say we all like to read, being in here and all, but I'm a person of many interests, like puzzles, crochet, cooking, drawing, working out, and I'm pretty outdoorsy (unless it's snow I don't like snow..lol) to mention some. What do you guys like to do beside reading? 

you do @Ryrin

well books are just a common thread here in the browns, like in the books we all have different areas we like to pursue and study, and tend to go about it independently, with overlap of discussion

personally, other than reading, i enjoy making miniatures, playing minecraft and a few other video games. i listen to podcasts and youtube while i work (recently Good Mythical Morning). work wise it's drawing, painting, i write, books actually. also pretty active in church, i run the sound system with my sister. 

as for study, i do what i need to run a business, (research legalities, forms, taxes all the boring stuff) as well as research methods to be seen better, advertise, what works and what doesnt.  for personal growth i've taken up learning a second language, and will eventually add a third and fourth. i'm a lifelong student of nature, God's creation, and most definitely storytelling. 

Books? As in multiple? I knew about the latest one, it's already on my list right after wot  ( I don't like reading multiple books at a time). What kind of miniatures do you make? I don't do miniatures but I would love to do a 3d puzzle if I could find something that interests me.

Oh did I tell you the good news?!😯 I thought we could perhaps extend my stay in the browns a little longer, that would be fine right?! *smiling prettily, blink blink*

yeah the sequal to the one out now releases in march. i have the third done, and am currently working on a fourth book (not in the Seed Series) with plans for many more. and i'm totalyl with you. i cant read more than one book at a time, i'll lose interest in one and never finish it. 

lemme see if i can find some pics of some of the miniatures

river_8.thumb.jpg.bc8040294ff0901ecf0970c9cabf1a84.jpg1317143053_sinkyfish.jpg.246436be4cbb87d143283d03c4b70e04.jpg306138107_firstpaperboat.jpg.5d14922c4c2048b815e921388b26e863.jpg

and of course, extending your stay is more than welcome

I knew it was a series but not that you had already written three😯 you are so hard working👏

Thank you.

Oh my lord those miniatures are so cute!!! 

Edited by Lavandula

thank you! there's another miniature i want to do, but havent found the right container yet, kind of itching to since i havent made one in over a year 

generally any glass enclosure. it needs to be able to be completely enclosed so as to keep dust out. but for what i want to do i want a smaller elongated glass rectangle. i had seen one that’s shaped a bit like a house and would be perfect but havent seen it in a while

As usual Cross, your productivity puts me to shame ahaha.  Congrats your finished trilogy and I am excited to hear about your new book! I didn't know about your miniature painting, I don't think I could do that, I'm absolutely not patient enough for that haha. 

Also, hello for those who are unfamiliar with me, hi! I'm Blank. Currently I'm the Head Brownie who has been off the grid on sabbatical for a while but here I am! I've been off and on dragonmount for almost 8 years in total and had a bunch of jobs on here and mostly I've hung out in the White Tower. 

In the real lifes, I just turned 30, I live in Scotland work in the hospitality field. Of all the Brownies I guess I am one of the major bookworms. Always up for a good chat about books, I read most genres but not a massive fan of crime. I have a love of history and science, especially biological sciences as that is what I went to university for. 

Currently I'm trying to break the habit of only doing the things that I'm good at haha. I'm terrible for picking up hobbies, being bad at them and then putting them back down - SO! I am trying to teach myself how to draw. And let me tell you, I am real bad of it. Reeeeal bad. But I am really enjoying it! Planning on making my partner a valentine's day card using my crappy drawing skills which I know he will appreciate haha.