DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Raena

The Brown Ajah Library

33 minutes ago, Cross said:

yeah! it’s my job to stress elgee out

Haha, yeah I thought I saw that at the top of the keepers job description now that you mentioned it ?

*lava just popping in to look for a very specific cook book she have been wanting to read for a long time* hm..now where are the cook books in this place *peeking in between shelves, towards the back of the library, when suddenly there is a loud cracking sound* hello? * no answer* how peculiar. *curious she follows the continuous sound all the way to the back of the library, peeking behind the last bookshelf* huh..what is this?

elf-on-shelf-2618512_960_720.jpg

Sneaks in cold on hands set on geting rid of some of this darn snow..tiptoes around and looks inbetweens books in shelves to avoid the browns untill she located Cross

Waits till she leans forth to grasp her cup then lets the snowball fly before scampering back the way she came and jump out the window into a big heap of snow, trodding back to the snowfortress she built... and bunkers down 

@Cross   hoping it will be okay for me to hang with the browns for a week as I get to know the ajahs towards becoming accepted :) I saw that @blank seems to be busy at the moment, but thought I should still ask permission :) I will be good! A week is a tiny amount of time as I felt like I didn't get enough time with the greens! but if i don't kick myself up the butt and hurry up I wont keep up with my visiting schedule!

I bring BROWNies :) 

19 minutes ago, Maera said:

A week is a tiny amount of time as I felt like I didn't get enough time with the greens!

I felt the same, and asked about it, and they said a week was the minimum we can choose to stay longer.? and also have fun in the browns!? 

3 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

I felt the same, and asked about it, and they said a week was the minimum we can choose to stay longer.? and also have fun in the browns!? 

Oh! Cool gotcha, well I will hang here for a time, and see how time treats me :)

oooh brownies are ready - 

giphy.gif

absolutely! spend as long as you like! chat, ask whatever you want its what we’re here for

WELL

I haven't been a very good brown so far @Cross as have been caught up!

I am supposed to be here a week, but have been told we can stay longer to spend more time/we are busy during that week, so I will be lurking a little longer.

what made you decide to be a brown?

Yeah I think a week was just a minimum to stay for you recruits

So any good christmasbook recomended 

elf-4647410_1280.jpg

19 hours ago, Maera said:

what made you decide to be a brown?

it basically came down to one question, who did i want to be? not in the ajah sense, but as a person, my future goals of representation and evolution. for me it came down to either green ajah or brown. and the choices for them both were very different: 

for the green: i had just come out of a nearly decade long sexual harassment situation so i had a lot of anger, a lot of hurt, and i wanted to fight. to be that person that battles, because i had to battle that. and the way the greens come together with eachothers struggles pulled at me.

for the brown: it represented an alternate path. one of personal growth, of learning, study, of gaining knowledge to then be better able to enact the 'servant of all' aspect of being an aes sedai. it was the ability to find new paths and pursue. 

so the way i looked at it was, which person did i want to be. to aspire to, which route did i feel was truly ME and when it came down to it, my life, my vision for my life felt at home with the brown. to choose to pursue knowledge rather than be an avatar of battling a struggle so to speak. the person i want to be is someone who choose to follow their passions, to learn all they can to better walk their path. my pain and anger are there, diminished, and i will rise to the aid of others, but my core is my passions, and to fulfill them, embrace them, is to be brown. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, Cross said:

it basically came down to one question, who did i want to be? not in the ajah sense, but as a person, my future goals of representation and evolution. for me it came down to either green ajah or brown. and the choices for them both were very different: 

for the green: i had just come out of a nearly decade long sexual harassment situation so i had a lot of anger, a lot of hurt, and i wanted to fight. to be that person that battles, because i had to battle that. and the way the greens come together with eachothers struggles pulled at me.

for the brown: it represented an alternate path. one of personal growth, of learning, study, of gaining knowledge to then be better able to enact the 'servant of all' aspect of being an aes sedai. it was the ability to find new paths and pursue. 

so the way i looked at it was, which person did i want to be. to aspire to, which route did i feel was truly ME and when it came down to it, my life, my vision for my life felt at home with the brown. to choose to pursue knowledge rather than be an avatar of battling a struggle so to speak. the person i want to be is someone who choose to follow their passions, to learn all they can to better walk their path. my pain and anger are there, diminished, and i will rise to the aid of others, but my core is my passions, and to fulfill them, embrace them, is to be brown. 

Beautifully said!

I like that - I am in a position now, in which I have left some rougher days behind me, things are progressing and I too need to progress with it and not get caught up in old negative thoughts. I too love learning, but this year too my main resolution is (aside from being better with money) to start working smarter, and actually doing projects and writing I have been wanting to do for years, and life doesn't make time; so I have to. I have had a lot of parties and excuse making from my responsibilities in my 20s, now I'm in my 30s I am ready to be better - I would like to be a more productive person in general and rather than trying to just tell myself 'Oh I could do that' ..I'm going to do it!

Time is precious, and I am sick of wasting mine wishing I had done other things and the next thing I know, another year has past and I have wasted that too :D

thankyou for sharing your story with me (I have also checked out some of the stuff you are doing on the side and you are one VERY talented lady).

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, Lavandula said:

Merry brown Christmas Maera!

You too Lavlav! first DM Christmas hehe

Image result for witch christmas gif

yeah that's one thing i adopted when i left the studio and started my own business, i found i left behind the 'oh i should do that' mentality and adopted a 'just do it' one. half is out of necessity, but its become a way of life to the point where i don't like putting things off. if i say i'm going to do something then i do it. it's become a facet of my personality as opposed to something i hope to achieve.