DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Raena

The Brown Ajah Library

good strange or skip it strange?

keeping in mind I like strange. mostly.

I thought it was a good strange, but I can think of quite a few people who I wouldn't suggest it to.

You've heard of the anti-hero, now welcome to the anti-villain

And Blank - not your fault on Soup - if you didn't start it, you shouldn't be expected to finish it as you never know where you're up to.

Something I hate is coming in, in the middle of someone else's work.

perhaps a crock pot...

I love anti-villains. can't stand characters who are purely good or evil. give me moral ambiguity any day.

Something I hate is coming in, in the middle of someone else's work.

I didn't mind it too much with the soup as it wasn't exactly an onerous task but in general this principle stands.

I love anti-villains. can't stand characters who are purely good or evil. give me moral ambiguity any day.

Me too. Though it does make it difficult for me to root along for certain characters as sometimes that's all you want from a book - to know there is right and wrong - but these are certainly the characters that stick with you longer.

guess I don't want a black and white world. there is beauty in disarray and all. it's why I don't like romanticism. Ayn Rand just working her characters like puppets having them speak her ideals instead of their natures. just feels off to me, people aren't like that. I do like escapism and some good vs evil, but I like to know there's no one purely one or the other.

it's why I have a hard time with characters like the GLOD or sauron. they're not characters in any real sense, they're simple manifestations of evil, and not remotely relatable. same with little Nell or half of dickens and tolkiens women really. pure good... rings false to me.

and I disagree on the soup... in principle, though, cause I would not put you in charge of it again, lol. soup or anything at the stage where it only needs to be watched and stirred is standard kitchen duty for the helpers. like prep, KP, and reheating. it's not the same as fiddling with someone's creation, it's simply tending the pot so the cook, having done his part, can leave the room and trust the kettle minding to someone else.

I think you might need a ... what do they call the metal disc you put under the pot, over the burner, to keep the flame very low and steady? I'd trust that to keep the soup safe but I don't have any spare hands here :)

Have stuff to say about the first top of the post (which I mostly agree with) but I'm on my phone.

Re the soup though,I totally agree with you about tending it, my dad was completely within rights to ask me to stir it lol, I don't feel like I'd be doing part of his job really. I really should have been able to accomplish such a small tash hahaha!

And we don't an electrical cooker and the like so no flames for us!

Timer. 

That is the sort of good sense a proper grown up would come out with Rhea  :tongue:

:tongue: I learned the hard way!

Speaking of breakfast....

I'm heading to the farmers market and picking up all the fresh ingredients I need to make a veggie omelet! Plus I'm hungry. 

Was just reading this and now have a massive craving for omelette, darn it Rhea! I don't have any eggs and the rain is bouncing off the pavement.

Might just eat my pasta and sulk  :tongue: As bank holidays go, this has not been excellent.

it's too cold to put half the plants in but were gonna try anyway I think. had one year where we replanted the tomatoes four times. we had snow in late June.

I had dinner for breakfast but I think the rest of the day ill just nibble on what were cooking for later.

I suspect were wasting our time cause it is surely a fire pit night, and all anyone will want are hot dogs and s'mores.

We had our grill out yesterday despite the rain and it was GOOD! No s'mores for dessert but we survived with brownies anyway!

blank...the omelet was delicious! I also got tomato and pepper plants for my garden. Can't wait to make my own salsa!

*collapses onto beanbag*

just back from a 5 hour bus journey. Man I hate buses.

How was everyone's weekend?

exhausting and very good :)

we invaded the neighbors garden case they're gone for the summer and got the last things tucked in today and even put in corn cause we had that extra space. for a change left enough room between rows to make harvest reasonable and grabbed the first lettuce to nom and almost all the seeds are up.

kind of sad how poorly tended their plot is. all clay and stones and weeds and took a lot of work and leaf mold to get it anywhere near good enough even for tomatoes... hasn't been plowed in years I'd say, which is weird, cause they till my plot first thing as soon as the snows gone, and help us all summer. shoemakers kids going barefoot I guess.

got my friends son to work his tush off for us, though their daughter is committed to a goth paleness and will not work in the sun for love or money. I used to be the same, kind of a Bowie fixation. got burned pretty good today tho.

just waiting for the rain now or I have to go back out to water but I'm whipped so ... really hoping for rain. might have to dance.

oooh I love that Mas, there are loads of good book meme things like that flying around facebook, I keep meaning to keep track on them somewhere but I can never remember.

hmmm possible new thread for when I get back from lunch  :laugh:  :laugh:

*bumpety bump bump*

So recently (despite many past culinary mishaps) I've been trying to actually make my food instead of eating sandwiches or meals from the freezer. So obviously I'm starting off slow :tongue: Today I made scrambled eggs with chorizo in it and it was a revelation.

I am now going forth to spread the word and shall refuse all eggs until they have chorizo in them!

Try it guys!

it's this kind of spicy spanish sausage.

I didn't know what it was until last year - when someone ordered it on a pizza. Was extremely sceptical but tried it anyways and now I want to eat it in everything!!!

it's this kind of spicy spanish sausage.

I didn't know what it was until last year - when someone ordered it on a pizza. Was extremely sceptical but tried it anyways and now I want to eat it in everything!!!

Actually, the Mexican version is spicier. The Spanish type of chorizo is kind of mild to my taste.