DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Graendal's deeds

Varg

No spoilers yet, i have a few questions first.

How many forsaken has she killed, or who's death is she 'responsible' for? We know that she as much as killed arangar. And she is held responsible for masaana's death. Anyone else?

Yup. There's someone else.

How ,ummm..., helpful! :)

do we know who? Do we dare guess?

From your knowledge of Mesaana and Arangar's death, I'm guessing you've read ToM. It is heavily referenced in the story and explicitly said between the two covers.

You said you didn't want spoilers so I'm kind of confused when it's been revealed to death who she is responsible for killing..

Sorry, what i meant is that my post didn't have any spoilers. But a post may have one eventualy.

i do not mind spoilers, but others may disagree so i was being cautious.

I thought it was suggested in tom that she killed someone else in addition, and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. And what they were.

I thought it was suggested in tom that she killed someone else in addition, and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. And what they were.

If you read the dictionary at th end of ToM, it say who she killed.

*Spoilerzorz* (for those who dont have the book at hand)

She killed Asmodean (most likely because he was helping Rand, meaning a traitor to the other Forsaken), she got Aran'gar killed when she shielded him/her/it and left her in Natrim's Barrow to be Balefired. She was also responsible for Mesaana going toddler-state because her tools were used to put the Dreamspike in Tar Valon trapping the attackers.

she killed Asmodean out of self defense because she didn't know that his powers were being reduced so she panicked when he saw her and killed him. Sanderson confirmed that RJ said the correct explanation of what happened was the Sherlock Holmes version which is online somewhere

Oh, thats an awesome explanation. Altho i don't understand the following.

Sanderson confirmed that RJ said the correct explanation of what happened was the Sherlock Holmes version which is online somewhere

is sherlock someone's username or somethin?

Oh, thats an awesome explanation. Altho i don't understand the following.

Sanderson confirmed that RJ said the correct explanation of what happened was the Sherlock Holmes version which is online somewhere

is sherlock someone's username or somethin?

Someone wrote a story about how Sherlock Holmes figured out who killed Asmodean. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4975913/1/Sherlock_Holmes_Examines_the_Death_of_Asmodean

I think the only reason why Rand had any idea where Graendal was is because Asmodean told him she was in Arad Doman (which eventually dealt her a huge setback). She had motive beyond just the fact that he was helping Rand learn to channel and/or self defense.

Ah, but did Graendal know that Asmo knew where she had her powerbase?

From all the descriptions and RJ's "clarifications", G just met Asmo accidentally in the Caemlyn Palace and she outdrew and outgunned him in a very short span of time.

Would she have killed him in cold blood? Maybe she would, after thinking her motivation through. But she did it on the spur of the moment.

Archived