DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

....and found..... *attn Cavana*

Guest Fnorrll

Guest Fnorrll

The water rushed by, overpowering his ears and forcing his eyes shut. His arms flailed around madly, and the last bit of his strength forced his legs to kick out. His swords, bow and armour was weighing him down, but if he was to die, he wanted it to be as he had lived- ready to fight at a moments notice.

Air. He needed it, craved it, his body demanded it, his muscles refusing to work without the oxygen that drove them. His mouth opened, and water rushed in.

The void. Only the void could help him now.

With massive effort from the core of his being, he forced himself to assume the Void, centralising himself with the Flame that filled it.

Like a steel trap, his mouth slammed shut. But the damage was done, and with water in his lungs he could not last long.

Terren had always been a powerful swimmer, and with renemed energy, he struck out, swimming as close as he could approximate, 90 degrees from the flow of current, hoping to reach a shore.

His muscles burned and his lungs nearly gave out, but he swam on, not even feeling the tremors that were warning signs that his body was on the verge of failing.

Then he hit something hard. He crawled forward, and finally emerged from the torrent, collapsing onto the ground and coughing, hacking and spluttering. He gagged and vomited, bile and salt water spewing out onto the ground. His body was shaking so badly and he was cold. Cold and wet and dying.

He cut a sorry figure. His body was broken, several of his bones were snapped in two, a couple of ribs and one arm hanging uselessly by his left side. His face was a mass of bruises and cuts, one eye swollen so badly it was permanently shut. His tunic was ripped to shreds, his torso covered in the bite marks of a whip, though none had physically fallen on him. And he could barely remember his name.

Consciousness faded, and as things went gray, his hand reached to the sword at his side, closed on the hilt.

He could only think of one thing. “Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountainâ€. How many times Dal had drilled that into him, one of his favourite sayings. He had done his duty. He had fought, he had refused to give in to the torture, he had escaped. He had done his duty, heavier than a mountin though it was, and now, death...death was indeed light as a feather. He finally, after years of conditioning himself to stay alive, he finally accepted it, almost longed for it on a conscious level.

Then consciousness was gone, but some spark, some defiance inside, kept him alive. Deep inside, Terren wanted revenge.

Red Roses had to be the prettiest flowers she had ever seen. Coupled with Bluewort, the bouquet was one that spelled nice and looked very pretty in the infirmary. Of course, it was always a bother to come out to the Tar Valon banks to get it. Why hadn’t Cavana replanted some in her herb garden ages ago, she just didn’t know. Perhaps she should do that one of these days, but as she was dressed in white breeches and a tan shirt, she did not want to be bothered with risking anything being dirty. She was simply here to get some of the pretty herb, both for her bouquet and the queasy stomach she had handled the entire day. She felt a bug coming on, but she would never bother asking another sister for Healing. No, she would be fine with her herbs. And so she walked along the banks of the Tar Valon river, glancing at the great tower, her hands full of flowers.

A moan was heard from the water, and Cavana looked up from where here eyes had been on the flowers. Such pretty things, the blue and white standing out together on the petals. Walking slowly, she expected to see a dog that had drowned, or perhaps nothing. Instead, she saw an arm, and cloth. Dropping what was in her hands, she ran down to see a man. He looked familiar, but with the bruises and gashes on her face, she could make out nothing. It didn’t matter, however, who he was. He needed her help, and it was her duty to provide it. She quickly turned him over and looked for any weapons in him, but saw none. Again, checking to be certain he was alive, she Delved into him, looking for all of the pain. He was injured badly, worse than any she could do by herself. While she was the most powerful there was in Healing, this man would need the assistance of a few sisters as well. Bundling him up in flows of Air, she quickly picked him up with Saidar and began running, her feet barely touching the ground as she held him in front of her. She needed to get him to the Tower, and fast.

Dashing inside the gate, the guards saw her and knew her for Aes Sedai, and the man her patient. Cavana was often known by the guards. “A horse, give me one now!†she yelled at the nearest man, and he rushed off to bring her one from the small stable near by. Knowing a horse would be faster, she waited till he came out. Not even bothering with the saddle she was offered, her body pranced onto the back of the horse, the man resting infront of her laying on his stomach. Tossing a coin at the man, she rushed down the street, her horse rushing as fast as she could. â€Aes Sedai! Make way for the Aes Sedai!†she heard, and glanced back to see two guards behind her, helping clear the street. People rushed to get out of the way, and Cavana thanked the Light for these guards that understood her urgency. She must thank their Lieutenant at a later date.

She pushed the horse, harder and faster, her power held on the man as she kept Delving in, checking for the last bit of life in him. Still finding it, she pushed the horse as hard as she could, Healing the beast so it could keep going. Prancing into the Yard before the Tower Infirmary, she bounded off the horse and pulled the man with her, flows of Air wrapped around him again. “Desandre! Nicola!†she yelled to the sisters on duty. They came running out, and saw the man. Running back inside, she knew her sisters were preparing to help work on the man. “Grab the angreal, we will need it.†The sisters had to know how urgrent it was now, since she was calling for help.

She got the man inside and placed him on a bed that had been prepared. Ripping his clothes from his dieing body, she Delved in one last time, searching for every injury. Water had filled his lungs, there was broken bones and bruises, and his heart was failing. Connecting with her sisters, Cavana held the angreal in her hand tightly and began channeling, performing a mass Healing. She pulled every ounce of power into her body, and held nothing back as she pushed every bit of power into him, fixing everything. She heard a gasp as life came back into the man full force, and she let the power slip from her as they ended the Healing. Delving again, she saw that the man would be fine, while sore.

Holding onto the bed, she handed the weapon of Healing to her sister. “That is all we can do for now. Pray to the Light he is well, whoever he is…†She stared at the sleeping body, so frail and so tired, before pushing her own tired body up and grabbing a blanket from the bed behind her. Placing it over him, she smiled as she glanced at his hard chest and tight muscles. He could have been a warder, the way his body was shaped. He slept on, and she sat in the chair that Desandre pulled up for her. “I will sit up with him… bring me a glass of tea, and I will be fine for the night. Desandre looked about to hurt her for sheer stupidity, and Nicola looked at her in shock, but after another glance, the sisters left their Weaver at her post. “Sleep well…†she whispered to the man, and sat back in her chair.

Morning came eventually, and Cavana opened her eyes to the feeling of a crick in her back, and sisters as the watch was being switched. Miranda and Fayth saw her, and turned to look away as Cavana glanced back at the man. He was still asleep, but looked more peaceful than he had been the night before. Smiling at her good work, she got up and felt his forehead, no fever apparent. Good, then he should be growing better soon. “Get him some breakfast, Fayth, and some fruit for myself. Miranda, dear, please get me a glass of Willowbark tea.†The sisters jumped to do as she said.

With the glass of tea in her hand, Cavana got up and walked along a bit, looking over her items at her desk. Nothing else was very important at the moment, just the unknown man. The breakfast was brought back to her, and Cavana thanked Fayth. Returning to his bedside, she set the tray on the table there and ate her own breakfast, waiting for the unknown man to wake up.

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

“Sleep well.†Who's voice was that? Terren tried to focus, but his will power had nothing left to give, and sleep he did, deeply.

“Well now, Tower trained and yet here you hang. Who wil save you now, Terren?†His tormentor was dressed in black. A hot pain lanced into his side. His wrists hurt from supporting his own weight for so long. “Tell me, Terren. Tell me everything. I'm afraid I cannot keep you alive, not when you are supposed to be such a threat. Not that you look so threatening right now, of course. But I can offer you a quick death, if you tell me what I want to know.†His head rolled from side to side. He had no idea how long he had been there, now. At first he had vocalised his defiance, now he lacked the strength. He couldn't even remember what he was being asked, any more, just that it would somehow betray his friends. And he knew his fate was death anyway- the ones who had for some reason feared him for so long had caught him again, and this time, Seiaman and Ashanda would not be there to save him. There was more pain, much more...

Terren became slowly aware, little by little. There was a pain, an ache and an intense tiredness.

“Terren.†His mother's voice. “Terren, it is time to wake up. My poor little one. So much pain. But you must fight it now. Wake up, Terren...wake up...Tai'shar Manetheren...†That phrase...it meant something. He couldn't remember what, but he knew what it meant to him. He recognised his feelings of pride, of honour, of spirit.

He forced his eyes open. The light was bright, and it hurt his eyes. Crying out slightly, he blinked several times, his eyes watering.

Then he realised he was constricted, he could not easily move. Fearing capture again, he leapt up, throwing off his bonds. His swords were propped up against the wall beside him, and he grabbed them even as he found his feet, dropping into a defensive crouch and looking around. His weapons were still in their scabbards, but he could still kill with them.

Pain. His body groaned against the rigours he had forced upon it, and he fought it, all his muscles trembling, but then he sagged back against the bed.

The bed? He recognised it for what it was now. He had not been bound, he had been under a blanket. That was a kindness, not a restriction. He sagged a little more, sitting now on the edge of the bed rather than standing, refusing still to give in completely.

“I think you should rest.†A cool voice said, and he noticed at last someone else in the room. He tried to raise his weapons, but his arms betrayed him, refusing him the strength he was accustomed to being able to draw upon.

It was a woman. She was reasonably tall, and small of stature, with dark hair. There was something about her he recognised, a certain bearing. A name came to his mind.

“Aes Sedai?†he mumbled. What was that?

She helped him back into the bed, and his eyes fell closed of their own accord. He felt the sword hilts being gently pulled from his hands, and he resisted, but sleep took over.

“Aes Sedai.†he mumbled again as he succumbed. A peaceful expression washed over his face. Somehow, he knew he was safe now. His blue eyes fluttered open, then closed again, and this time, they stayed closed.

Staring at some papers in her hand, Cavana pulled the quill from behind her ear to make a few notes. Novice papers… when would they learn that sucking up and brown nosing would get them no where? Honestly, some of these girls had been about for five or six years. They were practically Accepted and should behave as if they would be raised the next day. When would the children learn… A scream was uttered from the unknown man and Cavana rose from her seat, placing the papers on the bed beside her which had become a desk of sorts. His eyes were wide open and he started fighting off the blanket. He was delirious, and as she watched him fall out of the bed and grab his weapons, Cavana began to grow afraid. She would never hurt an injured man, but even if he was dreaming, she wouldn’t allow him to attack her.

His arms fell by his side and she thanked the Light for his weakness, his body now leaning on the bed. “Think you should rest…†she said softly, and he looked up at her. He was determined, she could tell, from the way he fought to raise his weapons. Their eyes met, and she stared into the bright blue bulges that came from his face. â€Aes Sedai?†she thought she heard, and nodded her head slowly. Walking around the bed, she helped him back up into it and took the weapon. He fought her, but with a gentle tug, he let go. Placing them on the bed beside her, she reminded herself to place it out of the way.

â€Aes Sedai,†he mumbled again, and his eyes closed slowly, a smile on his face. His eyes tried to open back up, but as Cavana pulled the blanket back over him, he gave up and let her do as she pleased. Running a cool hand down the side of his face, she took his weapon and placed it on her desk before going to the barrel of water. Once there, she took a cloth that was hanging on a rank and took a small basin beside the barrel that she filled with cool water. Walking back to him, she placed them on his bedside table and found some Crimsonthorn berries. Crushing them in her finger, she mixed it into the water, then added a bit of mint. Her finger swirled it all together before she dipped the rag into the water, rung it out, and placed it on his forehead. It should keep him from getting too warm, and the Crimsonthorn berries would help him have a dreamless sleep.

Returning to her papers, she glanced outside, seeing it was midday. Tired after being up for so long, she returned her papers to her desk and layed down on the bed beside him, a blanket wrapped around her body as she slipped into her dreams.

Waking up a few hours later, she saw that dinner had been brought to her. Getting up, she ate a few pieces of bread and meat hungrily before glancing at the unknown man. It was high time he was waking up. Going to the sister on watch, Frieda, she requested a bath for the man, very hot. She did as she was asked, and Cavana returned to the man. Sitting beside him on the bed, she removed the cloth from his forehead and slowly shook his shoulders. He groaned softly, and Cavana placed a finger on his lips as he opened his eyes. “My name is Cavana, and I am an Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah. You have nothing to fear, for you are safe. Nod if you understand what I am saying.†He did so, and she smiled, knowing that if he understood that much, then the rest would be easy.

“I know you are halfway to starving, so we are going to sit you up and get you some food. You don’t need to say anything, ok? Your throat is dry, and you need some food before anything else.†Getting some pillows, she helped him sit up before placing them behind him and letting him relax back. Taking the mug of water that was provided, she lifted it to his lips and let him drink some of the cool water. After a few moments, she removed the drink and took the fork, pulling off a piece of meat. Piece by piece she fed him, taking care to feed him every last bit. Next came the greens, then a piece of fruit, and finally some bread. He looked worn out to pieces, but he had to eat before he slept again… and get a bath. He needed one badly.

Letting him drink the rest of the water, she placed the tray aside, then glanced at a nod from Frieda. “Ok, we need to get you into a bath. Do not fight me, or else I will bathe you myself. Once we have you in that bath, I am going to ask you a few questions, which I want you to try to answer, ok?â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren wasn't aware of anything until he was awoken by a gentle shaking of his shoulders. When he came too, his first thought was to once again gather his energies to resist his tormentor, but he quickly remembered that he was free now, free and safe, with an Aes Sedai.

Had he really been captured for so long, that his natural inclination was to prepare for the pain. He had no idea how long he had been locked away, but it seemed like an eternity since he had seen the open blue sky. He longed for it, for a moment.

Then he turned his head towards his protector. An Aes Sedai. He knew he was in safe hands, that she would care for him, and he ached, feeling the need for such care as he never had before. Even when he had been locked in the caravan and beaten by that other crazy darkfrend lady, it had not been as bad as this. That had been a couple of weeks only. Now, he felt worse than he had ever done before in his life.

He focused on the voice that was addressing him.“My name is Cavana, and I am an Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah. You have nothing to fear, for you are safe. Nod if you understand what I am saying.†He nodded. He even thought he recognised the name, but the confirmation that she was Aes Sedai, and of the Yellows, at that, was music to his ears. He relaxed.

She fed him and helped him to drink. He hated being babied normally, but he didn't even have the strength to hate it now. He just accepted the situation as he faced it, and he drank, and he ate. He was so thirsty, and so hungry. He had not eaten properly in so long, he had been kept barely alive.

“Ok, we need to get you into a bath. Do not fight me, or else I will bathe you myself. Once we have you in that bath, I am going to ask you a few questions, which I want you to try to answer, ok?â€

A bath? Anger temporarily flared up. What did they think he was? He came to the realisation that he was naked beneath the sheets even as Cavana began to peel them back to help him stand. For a moment, he considered resisting, but he looked into her eyes, and knew that it was pointless. Aes Sedai were to be obeyed, not argued with, that he knew. That he could remember. With a sigh, he forced himself not to blush and clambered out of the bed.

“My swords.†he said firmly, refusing to look down at himself. His dignity had been taken from him in many ways, being helpless and weak and naked, and he would not move without his weapons coming with him.

“Young man, I hold more power in my body than any damage you could possibly do with those swords. I will not hurt you, so suck it up, and get it in that bath.â€

Her words chaffed his pride. He was a Tower Guard, damn it, not a young man. His eyes locked with hers defiantly, his own blue eyes meeting her large brown ones. He always had liked brown eyes, but he pushed that aside with barely a thought. He willed her to understand, that this was not a matter of his defense but of his pride. Her eyes regarded him coolly, and he knew she would not relent. She did not say another word, and neither did he. He realised that he could not remain on his feet much longer, and elected the better of two evils, to give in rather than to fall over.

As he made his way to the bathchamber, he saw his swords on the desk and scooped them up, without even looking over his shoulder. He half expected a rebuke to come his way, but none did.

Quietly, he made his way inside and propped the swords up on the edge of the bath. He clambered into the water, still refusing to be embarressed.

It was very hot, and he flinched momentarily, then berated himself inside for his weakness, accepted the heat and lay back in the bath, got used to it, began to enjoy it. Now for her questions.

She rattled them off quickly and in a business like way, and he answered as best he could.

“What is your name, young man?â€

“Terren Al'fnorrll.â€

“Where are you from?â€

“I..the White Tower...†She seemed a little surprised.

“You are Tower Guard? But where are you originally from?â€

“Yes...I don't remember...my mind is so hazy...Manetheren? That means something to me...â€

She studied him. “How did you come to be in this condition?â€

“I was captured...in a fight...a man who could channel...I was captive a long time.†He fought back the memories of the pain.

“I see. And what do you plan to do now, Terren Al'fnorrll?â€

He looked at her. “I must return to the Tower. I must train myself again...so weak...so weak...†he leaned back against the bath tub and closed his eyes, just to rest. His muscles relaxed in the warmth of the water.

For a moment, anger entered his eyes, then he stared into hers, and realized it was pointless. He stood, and his body seemed to blush as he couldn’t look down. She didn’t glance down either, giving him some privacy from the nakedness he had to feel. However, she did take a few modest glances and smiled at the muscles she saw. â€My swords,†he said, almost as if he was demanding them back from her. Swords while taking a bath? The boy had to be insane. “Young man, I hold more power in my body than any damage you could possibly do with those swords. I will not hurt you, so suck it up, and get it in that bath.â€

They stared into eachother’s eyes again, and this time, he did not hesitate before letting go. He turned and started walking towards the open door and she watched as he picked up her swords off his desk. Ready to speak up, she opened her mouth then closed it, understanding what it must be like to be swordless. More than once, she had known what it was like to be powerless, and she would not make this young man face it anymore than he had to. He set the swords down and climbed into the tub and she sat on a bench beside it, curling her legs underneath her butt. He settled back and she rested an arm on the side of the tub, watching for a moment to make sure he wouldn’t fall asleep before asking her questions.

“What is your name, young man?†Immediately, he answered, “Terren Al'fnorrll.†The name seemed so familiar… “Where are you from?†she asked, and this time, he took a few moments. “I..the White Tower...†He was a Gaidin? He had been trained here? No wonder he seemed so familiar. “You are Tower Guard? But where are you originally from?†“Yes...I don't remember...my mind is so hazy...Manetheren? That means something to me...†Her body stiffened as he uttered that name… Manetheren. Where had he heard that name? Could he know of the ancient war nation? Had he come from the past? Who was he in all, and how had he come by this name?

“How did you come to be in this condition?†“I was captured...in a fight...a man who could channel...I was captive a long time.†She could see the pain, but her body was still rigid at the idea of a man channeling… Light, she was never truly against it, but to put a Tower Guard in this condition could only mean one thing… the Dark One. “I see. And what do you plan to do now, Terren Al'fnorrll?†He glanced up at her to answer, and his eyes bore into her soul. “I must return to the Tower. I must train myself again...so weak...so weak...†He leaned back and closed his eyes again, and she saw him slipping back asleep.

Something was wrong… something was very wrong. He couldn’t remember hardly anything other than his name and the wounds, yet he knew of an ancient nation that had long since disappeared. He was having memory loss, and she knew he had suffered a concussion. Standing up quickly, she shook him awake, her hand slapping his cheek lightly. His eyes opened and he looked almost angry. “Look, I cannot let you go to sleep until you are clean and back in bed with some medicine in you. So let’s hurry this up or I will wash you.†He started to move, but she saw how weak he was and knew she had to bathe him. Terren was about to lose every last drop of dignity in a single moment.

Swallowing, she took a cloth and dipped it into the water, washing off his face. He looked as if he needed a shave, and his hair needed to be cut, but she would worry about that later. Cleaning off all of the dried blood on his face, she moved down to his chest, her fingers etching along every still raw scar. The cloth was gentle on his skin and he settled back, his eyes closed. Her hand moved to his back and he leaned forward slightly. Getting everything above his waist, she handed him the cloth and nodded her head. “Ok, I am going to let you finish washing yourself while I get some clothes.†She would allow him a little dignity.

Finding him fresh smallclothes, breeches, and a vest, she came back to see him attempting to pull himself up. Placing the clothes on the bench, she picked up the large towel and used Air to help him up and steady him. He could feel the help of the power around him, she could see it in his eyes, but she pretended to know nothing. Handing him the towel, she helped him down to sit, and pointed at the clothes. “This ok with you?†He nodded, and she smiled, handing him the small clothes. Turning away, she pretended to fiddle around with the bath for a moment for turning back to see him somewhat clothed. Picking up the breeches, he helped him get fully dressed.

Leading him back to his bed, she pointed him to the one she had slept in earlier. “Sleep there, we need to wash the old sheets.†He nodded and sat down. She pulled back the blanket then covered him up as he layed back. “Don’t sleep, I will be right back.†Rushing off, she ran to get two small mugs. Filling them with water and mint leaves, she ran back and sat on the bed beside him. It was night again, and the moon seemed to seep in through the window above his new bed. Heating them both with the power, she handed him the mug. “It will give you strength and sleep, so drink up.†He did so, and she took the mug from him as she finished, ready to drink her own. “Anything else you have to say, Terren, before you sleep?â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren was unhappy about the situation, bu he was fighting simply to keep his eyes open, never mind wash himself, so he allowed Cavana to do what she had to. Her hand was gentle, however, and he accepted her aid. He had never been bathed by a woman before, and did not know how to respond, but somehow, in his condition, and with her caring attitude, he ws not as embarressed as he thought he should be. Fortunately she stopped at his waist, over the muscles of his stomach, hardened from training and yet so tender right now. She handed him the cloth and left the room, he quickly finished washing himself.

Cavana returned with some clothes, as he was trying to climb out the bath. He felt her help him, with Saidar, even though she wasnt even looking at him, but he said nothing. He was used to feeling Saidar, he had felt it's touch before. Pride was of little use in his condition.

He quickly accepted the clothes she had arranged for him, caring little what he wore, and pulled them on as quickly as possible when she turned around, then she helped him to finish dressing, and led him to a bed. He managed to remember to grab his swords on the way, and lay them on the bed beside him, his hand hovering over them. He gratefully fell into the bed, and climbed beneath the covers, already drained from this experience. She told him to stay awake, and so he did so, though it was with effort. She quickly returned with a drink, which he gratefully accepted and drank down. “It will give you strength and sleep, so drink up.†It tasted of mint, but he enjoyed it all the same. He was so drowsy now...

“Anything else you have to say, Terren, before you sleep?â€

He opened his eyes again and looked at her. “Thankyou for your care, Cavana Sedai.†he said. His eyes began to close. “And I will avenge myself of this...once I am strong again...â€

He heard her say something, but it was to late. He fell fast asleep.

Morning came, and he awoke, instantly grabbing for his swords, but they were not there. She must have moved them. Instead, he came up with a handful of dark hair, which he quickly disentagled his fingers from before he disturbed the sleeper. It was Cavana, sat on the floor beside his bed, her head resting on the bed alongside his thigh. He studied her. She was beautiful, for sure, as were most Aes Sedai, and not for the first time, he had to remind himself that he was not to think of Aes Sedai in that way. She was his carer, his guardian. And she certainly was dedicted. Her position looked very uncomfortable, he imagined she would awake with cramp.

Her brown eyes opened and turned straight towards him.

"Good morning." he said, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

His bright blue eyes opened again and he stared at her. “Thank you for your care, Cavana Sedai.†She smiled as his eyes began to close, and she ran her fingers over his cheek again, letting him sleep. “And I will avenge myself of this...once I am strong again...†Avenge himself? That should not be on his mind. “Just sleep, Terren. You need your rest.†He was asleep before she finished her words, and she smiled. Setting her mug down beside him, she took the empty one and his swords. His swords she placed on her desk, and the mug she placed with their plates from dinner. Slipping into the bathing chamber, she quickly jumped into another bath and quickly washed her body off from the past few days.

Climbing out, she wrung her hair in a towel before pulling on a thin shift and a simple dress. It was cut in the Carhein style, the neckline large and low, while the skirts were thin but open. It was soft cotton, and something she could move in easily. Returning to his bed, she blew out a candle and sat down. Grabbing a blanket from the foot of his bed, she wrapped it around herself and rested her arm on his bed. Taking the tea she had made, she drunk it all and rested her head, letting her tired body finally rest.

A hand brushed through her hair and she smiled, her eyes opening slowly. Her legs hurt, and her back had a knot in it, but she couldn’t leave his side for too long, and she would never allow anyone else to watch over someone so close to death. Her eyes opened to see him already awake and she let her smile to go to him as she opened her eyes more. â€Good morning,†he said, and she smiled, returning the good morning. Standing up, she stretched then placed the blanket over the foot of his previous bed. “You are going to be walking today, so I suggest you get ready.†He nodded his head, and she went to her desk where she saw two trays.

Returning to him, she handed him a tray of food, and sat on the foot of his bed, her legs crossed under her skirts. Eating quickly, she brushed back the waves in her hair as she struggled to eat everything she could. He did the same, and they spoke none as they filled their empty bellies. When they were done, she took his tray and returned it to her desk. Opening up a drawer, she pulled out a ribbon, a brush, and then her Aes Sedai ring, which she placed on a finger.

She let herself sink into the chair and set about brushing back her hair and pulling back some of it with the ribbon. It was a pale pink, like her dress, and set the brush back on her desk. Returning to him, she saw that he was sitting up, and took his hand in hers. “I know you are tired, but Terren, you need to get up and come walk with me, or we won’t get you healthy. Come with me.†She said simply and caring, wanting to get him moving. If he was so bent on avenging himself, then he had to be healthy.

Helping him from the bed, she led him to a small closet where she pulled out a pair of sandals that should fit him. They did, and she went to her small closet beside her desk and pulled out the slippers to match her dress. “We are going outside, so come along. We are going to walk around the Warders Yard.â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

“Good morning,†she said, with a lovley smile. She stood and stretched, he could see he was right about her cramp. He nearly offered her advice about how to stretch, but realized she probably knew even more than him, so he just watched.

“You are going to be walking today, so I suggest you get ready.†she instructed, offering him a plate of food. He ate it down, noticing that she did so too. She seemed well devoted to looking after him, but it was good to see she didnt neglect her own needs either. He wondered if she had a Warder, guessed no since he had not seen one.

“I know you are tired, but Terren, you need to get up and come walk with me, or we won’t get you healthy. Come with me.â€

He gave her a grin. “Now who could refuse an offer like that?†he said, as confidently as he could, though he did not feel it. He managed to get out of the bed, accepted the pair of sandals. He buckled his swords on, one over his left shoulder, the other on his right hip. Cavana looked a little exasperated but said nothing. The weight of the swords both weighed him down and yet made him stand taller. He was halfway to being a Warder, and had some of the cool deadliness they exuded, his swords gave him confidence he did not otherwise possess. He also found his ring on the table beside the bed, and was happy to have done so, valuable as it was. Not many eagle rings were to be found these days.

“We are going outside, so come along. We are going to walk around the Warders Yard.†Terren hesitated, he knew it was a fair distance to the Yards, but it would not be the first time he had pushed himself. He took Cavana's offered arm, and they set off, a little unsteadily perhaps.

He managed to get to the gates of the Tower, but faltered slightly. Adjusting his sword belt to try and cover it up, he stopped and looked around him, trying to get his bearings. It all looked so familiar...but he could not remember the way, exactly.

He coughed, embaressed once again at himself. “I...I appear to have gaps...in my memory, Aes Sedai. I do not remember the way.†He blushed as he said it but looked straight ahead defiantly.

Following Cavana's lead, they headed out towards the Yards.

A few times, he was struggling, and he tried to think of something to say to hide just how hard he was having to push himself. He remembered a stray thought from earlier and seized the moment.

“So, Cavana Sedai, do you have a Warder?†he asked.

She shook her head no, a wince of pain on her face. "I have had many men accompany me in my travels, but none so far that I trust with my life."

Terren looked at her, surprised at her reaction if not her answer., but he did not want to pry. “you have travelled far?†he asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

Smiling, she nodded to this one. "I have. I have been to Arad Doman and back. I have seen Tear, and I have seen the Blight. I have even seen the land of the Two Rivers, which you call Manetheren. Why do you call it that? That ancient nation was destroyed ages ago."

"I know." he said. "I think...it means something to me. I remember...reading about it, in the library. I remember searching for people from..." his face screwed up, trying to remember.

"People from where? From the past? From your memories? From history?"

"my people." he said, hearing the surprise in his voice. "I was searching for my people, just before I was captured. I remember, a village...there was an attack...Trollocs and a man, dressed in black."

She paused for a moment, even pausing in her step, before making him stop all together. "Trollocs and a man in black? are you certain?" At his nod, she continued. "You are very lucky to be alive then, and others may need to here your story. What else do you remember?"

"I remember the pain." he said, turning to look at her. "He hated me, and he hurt me, without touching me. He wanted to know something from me...I cannot remember what..."

"Do not think on it anymore. You are safe here in the tower, and no Aes Sedai will let you be hurt again. They would have to get through me first."

He stared at her. "I beleive you." he said softly. He shook himself out of his thoughts. "But I am Tower Guard. I defend you, not the other way aound. I am very grateful for your assistance, however."

There was not much more to be said, so they kept on walking. From here, Terren could hear the sounds of the Yards. His strength was waning fast, however, and he hoped he could make it.

He took her arm, and she smiled, letting him feel a little confidence. She would let him lead her as far as he remembered. His memory was a part of the reason they were headed to the warders yard. Just outside of the gates, he paused for a moment, and she wished he hadn’t worn his swords. Channeling Air, she lifted the swords slightly so that they wouldn’t weigh as much on his back. He needed to concentrate on what he remembered, not what was on his back.

He coughed, and she glanced at him, smiling. His memory was going out, she could tell from how their pace had slown down. “I...I appear to have gaps...in my memory, Aes Sedai. I do not remember the way.†“Call me Cavana…†She said simply, and glanced away as he blushed. Leading him forward, she felt him struggle some, but she knew he had to overcome it all. She wouldn’t always be there to help him.

“So, Cavana Sedai, do you have a Warder?†An odd question, and one that hurt. She shook her head no, and tried to not think of all the men that she had met in her travels, all of the men she had watched die for her, or died by her hand, and the men she had truly cared for. "I have had many men accompany me in my travels, but none so far that I trust with my life."

She waited for him to ask about the men, but instead went to her travels. “You have travelled far?†he asked, and she smiled, nodding her head. "I have. I have been to Arad Doman and back. I have seen Tear, and I have seen the Blight. I have even seen the land of the Two Rivers, which you call Manetheren. Why do you call it that? That ancient nation was destroyed ages ago." She had to know where he had heard that name. "I know," he said. "I think...it means something to me. I remember...reading about it, in the library. I remember searching for people from..."

"People from where? From the past? From your memories? From history?" Her eyes were all on him as they walked. "My people," he said, and she watched the surprise on his face. "I was searching for my people, just before I was captured. I remember, a village...there was an attack...Trollocs and a man, dressed in black." Trollocs? A man in black? In Manetheren? Something was highly wrong, and she needed to tell the Hall of the Tower immediately. Something had to be done.

Stopping where she was, she looked him straight in the eyes. “Trollocs and a man in black? Are you certain?" At his nod, she continued. "You are very lucky to be alive then, and others may need to here your story. What else do you remember?" "I remember the pain." he said, turning to look at her. "He hated me, and he hurt me, without touching me. He wanted to know something from me...I cannot remember what..."

Nodding her head, she felt the pain in her heart as she wanted to cry for him. As young as he was, no one should ever have to endure what he did. "Do not think on it anymore. You are safe here in the tower, and no Aes Sedai will let you be hurt again." Trying to lighten the mood, she joked, "They would have to get through me first." He, however, was still serious. "I believe you," he barely whispered. "But I am Tower Guard. I defend you, not the other way around. I am very grateful for your assistance, however." She smiled, and they began their walk again.

He did not last long, and after stepping into the yard and walking around for a few moments, Cavana could tell it was time to return to the tower. They did so, and she led him back to the infirmary. By the time they returned, it was hightime for lunch. Not wanting him back in bed, she led him to her desk in the corner of the room, which all of the sitters had. It would be obvious who the Head of the Ajah was if there was only one desk. There was two large chairs, both cushiony, and they sat down to enjoy the meal awaiting them. Soup and bread was good on a day like this.

Settling back in her chair, she tried to get him to relax more, knowing he was ready for sleep. “Is there anything else you want to know about the tower? Anything you would like to maybe do? Or perhaps you are ready to sleep some more.â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

They returned to the infirmary, and none too soon, Terren's strength was quickly waning. Seeing all thoe Trainees and Tower Guard and Warders in training made him desire it again himself. He wanted a spar. He had been trained to fight, conditioned for it, and for the last year, had been forced to take beating after beating without chance to respond. In his current state of mind, however, any spar he got involved in would likely escalate way too quickly, and he could hurt somebody.

If he could find the strength, that was, which he knew he couldn't right now. His hand kept straying to his sword, though, and he kept forcing it away, hoping that Cavana would not notice.

He started to flag badly on the way back, his muscles protesting so much. Quickly, before Cavana could notice, he assumed the Flame and Void, and thus managed to push himself on through the pain.

When they were back, Cavana led him to a chair, and he sat down, grateful for the rest it granted. He eyed the bed longingly, though, but refrained. He had done too much sleeping recently.

They ate a simple meal of soup and bread, but it provided the nourishment that he needed, and warmed him up. Then Cavana spoke.

“Is there anything else you want to know about the tower? Anything you would like to maybe do? Or perhaps you are ready to sleep some more.â€

Terren shook his head. “No, I don't want to sleep again just yet.†he replied. “I would like to just sit here for a while and enjoy your company, Cavana.†He wondered if that sounded wrong, but at the moment, she was the only person in the world that he knew, and after his solitary hours and his only companion being his tormentor, he desired someones company.

“Would you like to play a game of Stones?†she asked.

Terren frowned. “I would, but I...I'm not sure I can remember how. Would you teach me?â€

"sure." she answered, bringing a set in and placing it on the table. She quickly outlined the basic rules and movements of the peies, and he found it was all starting to come back to him. She was good, as well, beating him several times over, but he began to learn and learn well, tactics had always been a strong suit of his. Eventually, he beat her in a close run game.

Standing and stretching, he said "And now, Cavana Sedai, I beleive I need to rest." It was only early afternoon, but he was exhausted from the days activities. He offered his hand. "Thankyou for the games, I have enjoyed myself. And I will never be able to thank you for saving my life, and the care you have shown me these last three days."

He shook his head no, and spoke up quickly. “No, I don't want to sleep again just yet. I would like to just sit here for a while and enjoy your company, Cavana.†She smiled, a blush going to her cheeks. He simply was glad to have her as a friend. That was all, and nothing more. Quickly, she was growing to like Terren more and more. “Would you like to play a game of Stones?†she asked, trying to get a conversation going. All she got was a frown for a moment. “I would, but I...I'm not sure I can remember how. Would you teach me?†She would teach him anything he wanted to know…

"Of course" she said, and got the board ready. Explaining it all, they played for a while, and when she saw him growing tired, she stopped playing to her best ability and let him win. He had so little pride left, the least she could do was let him win in a simple game of stones. Unfortunately, now he wanted to go to bed… "And now, Cavana Sedai, I believe I need to rest."

She nodded her head in response, and took his hand as he gave it to her. "Thank you for the games, I have enjoyed myself. And I will never be able to thank you for saving my life, and the care you have shown me these last three days." Smiling, she wrapped an arm around his neck, hugging him to her. “Terren, it has been a pleasure to take care of you, but you shouldn’t thank me yet.†Letting him go, she began walking to his bed, leading him sortof as her arm linked into his. “We still have to get that memory back, and your strength needs to get back up.â€

Letting him get into his bed, she sat down beside him and smiled, her hand lingering on his. “You rest some more, ok? When you wake, ask a sister for some dinner, and be certain to eat it all. There will be another sister that will bring you something to drink later, when you are tired. I am going to go up to my rooms and rest, and if you need anything, then send me a message through a sister immediately, and I will be here as quick as possible. Or, if you wish to just have some company and think you can make it, ask a sister to bring you up to my rooms, and I am more than certain we can find something for you to read in the library about Manetheren, or play another round of Stones.â€

She smiled, and squeezed his hand before rising from where she sat and watching him lay down. “Just sleep, and do not worry. I will protect you.†Giving him one last smile, she turned and walked away, leaving the infirmary and letting him rest. Her tired body walked up to the Yellow Ajah quarters and she half crawled to her room. Slipping out of the clothes she wore, she got under the bed covers without bothering to find sleepware, just letting the land of dreams take over.

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

“Terren, it has been a pleasure to take care of you, but you shouldn’t thank me yet.†Cavana linked her arm in his and led him to his bed. “We still have to get that memory back, and your strength needs to get back up.â€

She stood by him as he climbed into bed, and he quickly shirked his vest and got under the covers. The bed was so lovely and warm, and soft, and it felt so god to be back in it again, to be able to fully relax once more. Her hand stayed on his, tho, in a way that was very distracting, and he had to tell himself to control his thoughts. He did like that smile...

“You rest some more, ok? When you wake, ask a sister for some dinner, and be certain to eat it all. There will be another sister that will bring you something to drink later, when you are tired. I am going to go up to my rooms and rest, and if you need anything, then send me a message through a sister immediately, and I will be here as quick as possible. Or, if you wish to just have some company and think you can make it, ask a sister to bring you up to my rooms, and I am more than certain we can find something for you to read in the library about Manetheren, or play another round of Stones.â€

“Thankyou, Cavana, I will definitely do that.†he said with a grin.

She gave him another lovely smile and stood, looking down at him, then squeezed his hand. “Just sleep, and do not worry. I will protect you.†she said, then she left before he could reply, which was probably just as well. He did not like the thought of needing protection, tho it was sweet of her to offer it.

His dreams were somewhat disturbed, and he kept awaking every short while, which in his tired condition was definitely not a good thing. His dreams were dark and painful, a mixture of memories of his past and memories of his recent experiences coming to the fore. Each time he awoke it took a while for the images to fade and sleep to return.

He got a little sleep tho, and the next time he awoke it was getting dark. The dream had been vivd, but he could not remember the details of it at all. He had been sweating tho, and was hot and clammy. He felt so tired...he wanted nothing more than to sleep.

Climbing out of bed, he took a little walk to cool down, not bothering with his vest.

“This is ridiculous,†he thought, “I need sleep, more than anything.†He wondered what it was that Cavana had given him before, that had seemed to help him sleep. Maybe he could get some more from her.

Passing by a novice, he stopped her and asked her where the Yellow Sitter was. Looking at him funny- doubtless for his bare-chestedness- she told him Cavana was in her quarters, and directed him the right way.

He found it easily enough, and knocked on the door. When there was no answer, he opened it a little and stuck his head round.

“Cavana?â€

Laying in the bed, Cavana hardly heard the door open. She had been so deep asleep, she didn’t even realize anyone was there until she heard her name. Opening her eyes, she looked at the door and saw Terren, bare-chested and barefooted, looking in her room. “Terren? What are you doing up here?†she asked, sitting up in the bed and ignoring her nudity. Seeing him stare, she glanced down and turned red, bundling up the blankets to herself. “Come in and shut the door,†she said quickly, running a hand through her hair. He did so, slowly, and she tried to hide her burning cheeks.

Lighting a few candles with the Power, she bundled up the blanket around her as she crawled from the bed, trying to figure out what to do with him. She had offered for him to come to her, but this was wrong! Yet, she couldn’t help but smile at the fact he was here. Pointing at a sofa beside the fireplace, she threw a few pieces of wood onto the fire and stoked the banks, channeling Fire into the wood to get a fire going. Turning back to him, she went to sit down next to him, smiling.

“You know, you shouldn’t have come up here without an escort. You could have gotten in trouble. However, if you visit me more often, then I will make certain that you are known to be invited into my quarters,†she said, smiling up at him. Light, the way her stomach fluttered, she felt to be 15 again, with her eyes on the Mayor’s son. What was wrong with her? She was an Aes Sedai, for Lights sake.

“What do you need? Is there something wrong, or did you just come to see me?†She shifted the blankets around her body and sat very close to him, so close their legs were almost touching. She almost offered him her blanket because of his cold chest but stopped when remembering what little was underneath. “You did nothing wrong, incase you are worried. I am glad you are here…â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

“Terren? What are you doing up here? Come in and shut the door!â€

Terren walked in and did so. He couldn't help but stare, tho, for as she sat up and the blankets fell away, he saw that she was, in fact, naked. Quickly, she gathered the blanket around herself, but not before she had gone red under his gaze. He grinned, remembering his own embarresment the last couple of days, and hoped she didnt notice. Maybe now she wuld be a little more sympathetic when a patient needed a bath...

Some candles sprung into life, as did the fireplace, and he knew she was channelling.

“I'm sorry, Cavana Sedai, I did not realise you would be asleep...I couldn't sleep myself...†he trailed off, realizing that his excuse sounded a little thin, now. He watched as she got up from the bed and wanderd over to the fireplace, directing him to sit on the sofa. He obeyed without thinking, his old training re-asserting itself. Then she cam to sit next to him, close, very close. He considered moving back, conscious of her nudity beneath the thin blanket she had wrapped around her, but decided he liked the experience, and if she were uncomfortable, she could easily move herself.

“You know, you shouldn’t have come up here without an escort. You could have gotten in trouble. However, if you visit me more often, then I will make certain that you are known to be invited into my quarters,†she said, smiling. “What do you need? Is there something wrong, or did you just come to see me? You did nothing wrong, in case you are worried. I am glad you are here…†he watched as she moved the blankets around, he could have sworn she was toying with him, but it was more likely his own hormones deceiveing him. Yet the words she was saying...was it just him who found them almost an invitation?

Things were moving too fast to be real. Especially with an Aes Sedai, even a beautiful, kind and intelligent one like Cavana. Terren decided to be honest, and not assume anything.

“I could not sleep, Cavana. I hope I did not disturb you, I was simply hoping for something to take away my dreams...they keep waking me.†She looked at him; he would have given anything to be able to read her mind. Was she disapointed? Did she think he was lying? Was she angry? How could he tell? He had had experience with ladies before, but he had not even seen one for so long... and her leg so close to his was driving him to distraction, filling his mind with thoughts he was sure he should not have been having.

Unless she wanted him to.

The look in his eyes as he searched hers… Cavana wished she could read his thoughts. Had he simply come from boredom, or did he want to see her? Was he interested in her, or simply respectful? Light, men were confusing. “I could not sleep, Cavana. I hope I did not disturb you, I was simply hoping for something to take away my dreams...they keep waking me.†She stared into his eyes, emotionless, but inside she wanted to sigh. Another man that didn’t want her, another man that didn’t desire her. Ah, well, she was used to that by now. After all, she was 230 years old.

Rising from the sofa, she walked to her desk and pulled out a jar of tea leaves. Taking two cups off of her desk, she carried them over to him and sat down. Looking at a pitcher of water on her desk, she channeled the water into the two glasses and heated it with the power. Then, taking the tea leaves, she dropped them in and stirred them with a bit of spirit. “It might take a few minutes for this to work, and it is extremely hot…†she said, handing him one. He nodded his head, and she held the blanket tighter to herself.

Noting the fact he would be staying in her room, she considered letting him stay in her bed. If she did that, would she stay in there with him? No, the sofa was best, they were still so new to each other. The sofa would be fine. His arm was resting on the back of the sofa and he was laying back, and she stood up, still not sipping any of the tea. “Here, lay down Terren…†He did as she asked, and smiled at him before sitting down on the sofa with him. Taking his now empty cup from him and setting it on the table, she drank down all of her tea and then took another breath of air.

Twisting on the sofa, she layed down beside him, and she felt him stiffen behind her. “Just relax. I told you, I will protect you, even from your dreams. Sleep Terren…†she said, her eyes shutting and sleep overcoming her as she slept beside him.

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Cavana rose and went to her desk, made some sort of drink and handed one to him keeping on efor herself. He couldn't help but think that she looked a little bit annoyed, but that was ridiculous, and he pushed the thoughts out of his head. He was only asking a simple request, one that he was sure she could help him with, that she wanted to help him with.

“It might take a few minutes for this to work, and it is extremely hot…†He nodded, noticing her pull the blanket tighter. In a way, that made it even more revealing, hugging her small but womanly frame, and he could feel himself stirring inside, mildy aroused. He dropped him eyes to the floor, wondering if his gaze was embarressing her. In truth, he was not equiped to know how to deal with a beautiful, near naked Aes Sedai just feet away from him.

“Here, lay down Terren…†He did as she said, taking in her smile as she looked at him. It lit up her face. She sat on the edge of the sofa, so close to him he could smell her. It was driving him wild, but he forced himself to calm down, not to over-react. She was simply taking care of him he told himself, as any Yellow sister would. He soon changed his mind when she lay in front of him on the sofa. There was a bare minimal gap wetween them, hardly any distance at all. He went stiff from shock.

“Just relax. I told you, I will protect you, even from your dreams. Sleep Terren…â€

He lay there, awake, wondering if she really could protect him from his dreams. He knew there was only one way to find out, and closed his eyes, trying to sleep dispite his situation. He could tell from her breathing that she had fallen asleep, and soon, he was halfway there himself.

He sensed her warmth as he lay there drowsily, and subconsciously moved a little closer. Soon, his head was resting on her shoulder, his arm draped across her waist, and he was fast asleep, undisturbed.

He awoke only once during the night, and it was not due to any dreams he had had. He found that he was now half under the banket which was around her, sharing it with her somehow. Wether she had moved it or it was freak chance, he did not know, but he did not complain. Still half asleep, he snuggled down and closed his eyes again.

Opening her eyes, she felt a body behind her and grabbed at the source, not remembering the night before. Who was this man that had his body curved around hers? Glancing down at the scarred arm across her waist, she remembered the night before and blushed. So he did want to sleep beside… she could finally breathe that they wouldn’t both be completely embarrassed by the other’s actions. She closed her eyes again and snuggled up to him, chuckling as she felt his breeches on her legs… How had he ended up under the blanket with her? She smiled again and wrapped the blanket tighter around her top and rolled over on the sofa, her head now resting on his chest. “Good morning,†she whispered, and she looked up at him to see his eyes opened. He gave her a cheeky grin and responded, and Cavana laughed softly at their predicament. Light, this was a bloody mess…

Pulling away from him, she sat up beside him and pulled the blanket from around him to wrap it around herself. “Did you sleep well?†she asked. He said he had, and she ran her fingers through his hair. “I told you I would protect you…†Chuckling again, Cavana rose from the sofa and went to her wardrobe. Picking out pale, loose breeches and a white blouse, she searched for small clothes to wear under them. Finding those as well, she then searched for a pair of tan sandals and a pale yellow ribbon. Finding everything she needed, she went back to where he was still laying on her sofa. “Just stay here, and don’t peak!†she said, laughing as she covered his eyes with her hand. Taking off the blanket she wore, she tossed it over him then ducked to pull on her clothes.

Quickly dressing, she returned to sit beside him as her hair was being pulled back to a braid. She wondered if he had indeed peaked, and her cheeks burned at the idea of it. No, he would never do that. But light, what would he think if he had? She burned to know the answer to this. “We are going to the Warders Yard today to find your old room and your old things. Then, we have to move you back in. Of course, you will be staying in the infirmary until you are healthy enough, but you cannot stay in the tower, nor in my room, forever.†She winked at this last bit and laughed with him. “Now, lets get up and head to the infirmary to find you a shirt…â€

She glanced at his bare chest and ran her fingers over it lightly. She knew he had to still be in some pain, and Cavana couldn’t help but take hold of Saidar and channel into each one of the scars and bruises. Wherever her fingers touched, she Healed. Every bruise, every mark, every raw spot. She channeled until his body just bore scars, and she looked up to smile at him through the tears that were about to come from the pity that she felt for him. “No one will hurt you like this again. Not as long as I breathe. I swear this, Terren. No one will touch you.†She brushed back her tears and rose from where she was sitting. “Come on, lets go down to the infirmary and get you ready.â€

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

He had slept so well, better than he had for so long. He felt re-energized, full of life again. A movement stirred him, and he lazily opened his eyes.

He realized where he was, fully aware now of her body pressed against his, the warmth of her penetrating to him under her blanket. How in the light had this happened? He realized that with just a slight movement of his hand he could...she rolled over, and he hastily pulled his hand away before he could touch anything he should not. Her head was now against his chest, he could not help but be slightl aroused. One hand held the blanket against her torso, but he could see a fair armount of leg behind that. “Good morning.†she whispered, looking up at him. He responded as he had always found best with ladies, and gave her a grin. “Good morning indeed.†he said. She laughed slightly, and Terren hoped it was not at him. He just wanted to reach out... He considered it for a moment, and then she pulled away and sat up, wrapping the blanket around her. Terren exhaled for what he realised was the first time for a few moments, and dropped back against the sofa, closing his eyes, realizing how close he had come to making a fool of himself.

“Did you sleep well?†she asked.

“Very well, thankyou. I feel so much better.†It was the truth. He felt her cool hand run its finger through his hair, brushin it back away from his face. Light, his hair, and his growth of beard...he doubtless looked a mess. No wonder she had sat up.

“I told you I would protect you…†she said with a chuckle, and Terren accepted that she had. “Thankyou.†he replied, looking at her again. “It was just what I needed.â€

She tood and moved away, he watched her retreating figure, wrapped up in that blanket, with no small amount of regret as she chose some clothes. His eye widened for a moment as he wondered if he was supposed to leave. But she came back over, carrying the clothes, and covered his eyes with her hands, instructing him not to peek. Then she threw the blanket at him, he caught a breif glimpse of flesh as he closed his eyes.

It took a huge mental effort to keep those eyes closed. They seemed almost to itch. It was barely moments, but it seemed so long. The he have in, and opened them, briefly, to see just a quick glimpse of her back as she slipped the blouse on and buttoned it up. Quickly he closed his eyes again.

A moment later, he felt her sit beside him once more, and he opened his eyes. Her own brown ones were gazing down at him, and he felt a little uncomfortabe, aware of his own arousal. Her face was flushed, he wondered if he was embarressing her.

“We are going to the Warders Yard today to find your old room and your old things. Then, we have to move you back in. Of course, you will be staying in the infirmary until you are healthy enough, but you cannot stay in the tower, nor in my room, forever.†He could not help but laugh, especailly when she winked at him. She laughed too. “Now, lets get up and head to the infirmary to find you a shirt…â€

“I could use a shave, too.†he said, running a hand under his chin at the short, tangled beard that grew there. He was always clean shaven normally, and he prefered it that way. She nodded, but did not stand up. He lay there, looking at her as she looked at him. It was probably best if he did not stand at the moment anyway...

Her fingers ran over his chest, all over his torso, finding each tender spot with great skill, as if she could see where it hurt. Terren gasped as he felt her Healing him even more, sucking in air through his nostrils, closing his eyes, accepting the aid despite the unusual sensations it brought with it. It was alo a reminder, a good reminder, of who she was. She was Aes Sedai, and he needed to remember that, always.

He opened his eyes again as he felt her stop. He felt better today, so much better now, than he had for so long. Turning his head to look at the woman who had given him that, he saw tears in her eyes.

“No one will hurt you like this again. Not as long as I breathe. I swear this, Terren. No one will touch you.†she said, appearing to struggle to stop herself from crying. He had no idea what to say to that, just looked at her. She was so full of compassion, a desire to help, feeling for him through his pain...

She stood. He realized he could have at least said thankyou, but words would not come, and now he realized it was too late, really.

“Come on, lets go down to the infirmary and get you ready.†she said. He stood quickly as well, stretching to his full, then following her, rotating one of his shoulders where it was a little stiff as he went.

Once at the infirmary, Cavana organized finding him some clothes, and he quickly bathed. She entered as he was towelling, and he was aware of her eyes on him as he quickly pulled on his trousers and then went over to the mirror. He shaved till all stubble was gone, his face looking younger and fresher again, and tidied his hair up, pushing it back, trying to comb it. It needed cutting really. Then he finished dressing, buckled on his sword belt (he realised he had left it in the infirmary last night, not expecting to be gone so long. And yet he had still slept, still felt safe...) and turned to face Cavana, who had been silently watching him. He was ready to face another day.

They got down to the infirmary and Cavana held her head high as every sister stared at the pair of them. They all knew where he had been, and all thought they knew what had happened. Why were they still staring? Cavana gave them all a glare and led him to get some fresh clothes. Light, she may be a yellow, but she was not stupid as some greens. Honestly, she had her men as she pleased, and the others shouldnt worry about it. Light, what would they say if they knew for certain what had happened...

He got into another bath and she went to find some equipment for him to shave with, as he had asked. Finding it all, she came in while he was drying off. Her eyes couldnt help but linger, and she smiled as he pulled his pants on. Light, wouldnt he just let her get a few more moments of a look? Ah, well, she was certain she could get a look another time. Letting him take care of shaving and getting completely dressed, she sat on a bench and watched. He even pulled on the damned swords he was addicted to, but nodded, letting him to as he wished. It was pointless to try to take them again.

They went to the Warders Yard, and he walked a little taller and a little stronger than the day before. In no time, they were in the Commander's office, and Cavana was discussing with him about Terren. Terren remained in the hallway as she found where his new room would be and where all of his old items had been stored. Smiling at him, she left the commanders office with two keys in hand and led Terren down the hallway. "Just look to see if you remember anything," she said softly, and they walked slowly down first the trainee hallway, then down the Tower Guard halls. They found his room and she opened the door, handing him the key. "I will be right back with your things," she said before turning down the hall to go down to the storage room.

Finding the items all marked with his name, she channeled the power around them and came back to his room. Standing at the door with all of his old items, she knocked and he let her in. Channelling with the power once more, she brought the items into his room and set them about. He looked a little overwhelmed and she smiled at him and squeezed his hand, trying to give him strength. Sitting on the foot of his bed, she sat back and relaxed. "Just look through everything, then tell me where you want stuff, and I will place it as you wish."

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren followed Cavana out and into the city, heading once again for the Yards. Their conversation was light-hearted and not about anything important. It did not seem such a distance this time, and yet he was glad to be able to sit down outside the Commander's office as she went inside to talk to him. He could not help but wonder what she was saying.

She came out and led him to the Tower Guard rooms. Terren found the whole experience a little frustrating...so much seemed familiar and yet he rememebered nothing at all. He grimaced and kept moving until he found the room that was to be his.

Cavana opened the door and led him right inside. It was spacious, no doubt about that, but it did not seem at all like a home. Not his home. Cavana left him to look around whilst she fetched his belongings. There wasn't much really to see though, and by the time she had come back Terren had already decided that the longer he had to stay in the infrimary, the better. Besides, once he moved out here, she might forget about him, and he would never see her again...for seem reason the thought made him very unhappy.

Cavana told him to look through his things. He recognised most of it, the odd piece of furniture, a painting he rememebered liking, lots of equipment. He found some of his own clothes and quickly changed into a sky blue tunic, white breeches and his Tower Guards cloak, his own brown boots. He reaized he seemed to have no problems with undressing and dressing in front of her, funny how you could become accustomed to things.

Between them they set all his things up, though some of it he didn't remember. Those things got thrown in a cupboard, perhaps a little angrily. It was so frustrating.

When they had done, the room looked nice enough, but it still didn't feel like home. He guessed that he had had it set up differently before. He was ready to leave tho, picking up one or two things he wanted to take with him, especially a couple of books he had been reading, whih needed to go back to the Library. Doubtless they would have been missed.

He was not in such a good mood a they left, however, and he led the way back to the infirmary, putting his things down and sitting for a while.

“What would you like to do today, Terren?†she asked him.

“I want to get out.†he said briefly. He had always been a wanderer, and now the Tower seemed to be restricting him. “Just for a while, at least.†He looked at her, trying to judge her reaction. She nodded, and went to prepare some food and horses, whilst he stayed behind, trying to improve his mood. It could be a good day, if only he would cheer up.

When they left Tar Valon, he was happier. They wandered around the hillside for a little while, avoiding settlements but enjoying the scenery. Terren found a nice spot to sit for a while and have their food, using his skills, which he stil seemed to possess, to pick out a sheltered spot over a lake. He spread a blanket, helped her down from her horse, and then got the food out.

Other than a few instances, Cavana got to watch Terren as he sorted through his past life. He even changed infront of her, which she loved. He was now relaxed with her, which was good. On some items, he smiled, but on most, he scrunched up his face and frowned, as if he couldnt remember. She moved only a few items. Eventually, he had everything ordered, and she looked around his room. It fit him, these old items, and perhaps they would help him remember. By the time they were going back to the ingirmary, he seemed pretty agitated by not remembering. At least he remembered how to get to the infirmary. They sat there for a while, and she asked him what he wanted to do.

“I want to get out.†was all he said, and she understood. Most of these men were either attached to the tower, or they had to wander. She felt that way sometimes too... “Just for a while, at least.†He was lucky he could leave- Cavana was not so fortunate as to have that luxury. Going to get food, she also made certain that her horse, Cuibeyar, and a spare horse was prepared for them. By the time they left the tower, he seemed to be happier.

They rode for a while before finding a pretty spot beside a lake. He layed out the blanket for them and helped her down, leading her to the blanket. Smiling, she sat down on the blanket, and let him do the work. He could do so little, and she could hardly tell him to stop. He needed to find his strength and freedom again. They ate, and she smiled, enjoying their meal. When it was all done with, they layed there staring at the water, not speaking and not talking. Cavana had a burning itch to move, but she didnt want for them to leave yet, and an idea came upon her.

Standing up, Cavana kicked off her shoes and began running down to the lake. "Come on, lets swim!" As she kept running, she kicked off her breeches and dove into the water, coming up after a few moments. They both laughed, and she swam around for a few moments, before beckoning him to her. "Come on, swimming is good for you, it will give you strength! Please, come swim with me."

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

Terren worked away happily preparing their food and handing it to Cavana. It was a nice meal, in a nice spot, and he really enjoyed it. They lay on the blanket for a while after that, enjoying the serenity and the surroundings. He wanted to reach out and touch her, just for the physical contact, but he withheld, not knowing how she would respond.

Suddenly jumping up, Cavana kicked off her shoes and ran to the lake. "Come on, lets swim!" He follwed behind, carrying the blanket, unsure of how to respond, and saw her breeches flying off through the air, to land on the ground halfway towards the lake. Terren stood at the edge of the lake, just watching her for a while as she swam about, obviously enjoying herself. She dived under, then surfaced a moment later.

"Come on, swimming is good for you, it will give you strength! Please, come swim with me." she said, beckoning to him. She looked so beautiful, dripping wet, clad only in her blouse, beckoning him like that. Who could resist?

Slowly, he put his swords on the ground, unbuckled his belt then lifted his tunic over his head and pulled off his boots. Then, a little more quickly, (he still had some modesty) he dropped his breeches onto the floor and dove into the lake.

He quickly struck out, swimming long, lazy circles round and about Cavana, trying to judge how good a swimmer she was. He himself had been swimming all his life, and he could move through the water with ease. He playfully swam close enough to touch her, then away again, teasng her into chasing him around. The water was fairly warm, the sun was shining down on them, and all was well.

He rememebered a few tricks he had learnt, and in the shallows, did a handstand in the water. He could do forward and backwards rolls, even cartwheels under water too.

Then he dived down and swam to the bottom, easily powering his way along.

Suddenly he felt uncomfortable. He felt afraid. The water was closing in...his arms were so tired. He squeezed his eyes shut, and forced himself to realize that there was no current here, he could swim where he wanted to. The moment passed, but by now he had been under a couple of minutes. He shot back up to the surface and grabbed some air, then struck out for shore and sat on the edge of the lake, turning to look for Cavana. He held the blanket out ready for her to wrap around herself in case she wanted to get out and was cold. Where was she?

He quickly undressed, and dove in with her. Watching him, she floated out a bit just watching him for a few moments he seemed to take to it like a fish. It was amazing that after almost dieing a few days before, he was already back int he water. They played around a bit, chasing eachother. Laying back, she let him swim by himself as she floated, soaking in the sun. "Terren... have you ever thought of bonding?" she asked, and didnt hear him. "Terren?" she asked again and stopped floating. Light, where did he go. "Terren, stop this now," she yelled, scared that she couldnt see him. Light, she wasnt going to lose him now. Diving under the water, she started swimming, using the power to see better. She couldnt see anything, and she knew he was going to die if he stayed under much longer.

Coming back up, she saw him on the shore, holding the blanket, looking for her. "Terren!" she yelled, and dove back under the water, swimming to him as fast as she possibly could. Almost to the shore, she ran from the water and jumped at him, hugging him tight. "Bloody ashes, Terren, I thought you were dieing!" she said as she hugged her arms around his neck. The blanket was beside them, but she didnt care as she held him tighter. "Please dont do that again."

He helped her up and she kept holding him tight. After a few moments, she pulled away, whiping away the tears that were flowing. He seemed shocked by her care, and she shivered from the cold. Quickly, he picked up the blanket and wrapped it around her, and she went back into his arms as he held her. After a few minutes, she pulled away and dropped the blanket, and channeled Air through them all. Their clothes quickly dried and she smiled as she felt warmer. Picking the blanket back up, she took his hand in hers and led him back up the hill. Stopping to pick up her pants, she smiled as he stared at her in shock as she didnt put them on. Well, she was still in small clothes at least.

Getting back to where they had been sitting, she dropped the blanket and pulled on her pants before spreading it out and laying down on it. He got dressed and she moved over to where he was sitting, pressing her body up to his as if she was curling up. He layed back and held her, her head slipping on his chest. Taking the edge of the blanket with Air, she led it over to lay on top of them, covering them up close. Snuggling closer, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Cavana

Guest Fnorrll

He saw her head come up from the surface. “Terren!†she yelled, and went back under the water. Instantly he was on full alert, wondering if something had got hold of her. He ran the last couple of steps to the edge of the shore, about to leap in, when he saw she was swimming towards him. Soon she was stood on the shore beside him. He quickly ran his eyes over her to check that all was well, couldn't see any signs that it was otherwise. Then his vision was obscured as she jumpe at him, clinging to him tightly. “Bloody ashes, Terren, I thought you were dying!†she said. “Please dont do that again.†He wasn;t sure what he had done, but he quickly put an arm around her too. “I'm sorry.†he said, knowing that she needed reassurance now. He held her tightly, saying nothing else, until she pulled away.

She was crying now, too, he noticed. He was a little puzzled by this reaction, but he quickly wrapped the blanket around her shoulders, still dciding to say nothing, and then she went back to him again. He tried to soothe her, stroking her back and her hair and holding her close. “It's ok. I'm ok. I'm sorry.â€

Then she pulled away again and suddenly he felt what was almost a breeze, and he was dry again, as were his clothes. She picked up the blanket and her breeches, and he followed behind, enjoying looking at her still bare legs, hoping she didnt notice.

She put the blanket back down and pulled on her clothes again. Terren quickly dressed and sat beside her. She moved closer to him, and leaned back against him. He was not sure how to react, but it seemed natural to lie back. She came with him, and they lay on the ground, the blanket wrapped round them. Cavana was soon asleep. This time, Terren's body was wrapped protectively around hers. He had at last seen something of her delicate side, not the other way round.

Sleep did not come to him, however. His mind was too active, enjoying the feeling of her so close to him, enjoying how right it felt to be looking out for her. He knew that some Warders did not sleep for days when they were out of the Tower, so intent were they on protecting their Aes Sedai. She was not bonded to him, but all the same, his training was kicking in and he felt so protective. The contrast of her small body against his larger, albeit unfit frame made him feel strong, and it was a feeling he liked. He lay back, pulling her closer as he cradled her, and closed his eyes, his ears still picking up on the slightest movement or noise.

They lay like that for some time, until Terren opened his eyes again and saw that it was starting to get dark, and there was a way to go yet. “Cavana.†he spoke softly in her ear, his hand gripping gently on her upper arm. “Cavana, it's time to get going.†he said. As she woke, he slid out from under the covers and started packing away, readying the horses. A few moments later, she was just emerging from the blanket as he was ready to go. He led her horse over and offered his hand to help her stand up and get on her horse.

“Let's go back and get something to eat.†he said. “I seem to be very hungry.â€