DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I need quotes

lordofsoup

"Duty is heavy than a mountian, Death lighter than a feather"

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

"May you always find water and shade."

"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."

or even "I win again Lews Therin"

"Duty is heavy than a mountian, Death lighter than a feather" is probably best, its from a Japanese proverb, isn't it?

But my favourite as always is "Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt", good 'ol Taim! :biggrin:

Edited by ryanphlp2002

But my favourite as always is "Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt", good 'ol Taim! :biggrin:

Good ol Moridin!!!

If I was Mat, I'd take bets on that...but I'm not! The fence may be uncomfortable but...I have no clue but if they blow off the "so-called Aiel" thing casually I'll be upset as I was with the Asmodean glossary one.

Edited by ryanphlp2002

Im gonna take this from cindy's post from another thread (sorry!)

from Harriet's post on RJ's blog after his passing:

"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone."

i'm very happy to see that one get around, it's beautiful, and would make a lovely yearbook quote (much better than mine, which was my sig). but no credit goes to me, it's all on RJ's blog, which is how i found my way to dragonmount, and why i stayed. and it's all still there for the reading, under member blogs, and there are some wonderful posts there. it's really like going back in time to read them through.

• 1 year later...

So after going mia for about a year, I probably should have answered the question about what I used. I cant remember the last one...

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

Okay the best quote would be the oath everyone takes, by their hope of rebirth...

The Wheel of time one ain't bad, beginning of every book... there is no beginning or end in the turning of the wheel of time (and maybe add: but this was a beginning)

how about the opening to snake and foxes game: Iron to bind, fire to dazzle or whatever.

the one men always say about Aes Sedai, about hooking and debt or the one about how AS will tell you something but it ain't what you think they meant...

Nynaeve or Egwene always saying they remember when Rand was last spanked, and it wasn't that long ago.

shelter in the creators hand? by or In the light...

So after going mia for about a year, I probably should have answered the question about what I used. I cant remember the last one...

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

WIN! That is mu favorite WOT quote (with maybe the exception of it's time to toss the dice in the old tongue). If I could fit it on a tattoo I would.

WIN! That is mu favorite WOT quote (with maybe the exception of it's time to toss the dice in the old tongue). If I could fit it on a tattoo I would.

Yes, that scene with Rand at the male Choedan Kal.

Light filled him, blinded him.

“Till shade is gone,” he mumbled, “till water is gone . . .”

Power filled him. He was one with the sphere.

“. . . into the Shadow with teeth bared . . .”

The power was his. The Power was his.

“. . . to spit in Sightblinder’s eye . . .”

Power to Break the World.

“. . . on the last day!” It came out as a shout, and the void was gone.

Only picked out a short bit, but, still...

Love It.

Edited by Apples First

Yes, that scene with Rand at the male Choedan Kal.

Light filled him, blinded him.

“Till shade is gone,” he mumbled, “till water is gone . . .”

Power filled him. He was one with the sphere.

“. . . into the Shadow with teeth bared . . .”

The power was his. The Power was his.

“. . . to spit in Sightblinder’s eye . . .”

Power to Break the World.

“. . . on the last day!” It came out as a shout, and the void was gone.

Only picked out a short bit, but, still...

Love It.

That was one of the best scenes in the series. Top 10 easily.