DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who do they look like

konkoivu

Few points I'd like to make.

To all of you people who are casting yet another supermodel as Aviendha , do they look like they can pick up a spear and fight eefficiently? And yes I'm counting Milla Jovovich to this lot (since they don't have slow motion in real combat). When I think of Aviendha I think of someone who can actually fight , first name in my mind is Cynthia Rothrock back in the days. And I know she is too short and way too old even at the point when Aviendhas character was first introduced. Closest match I can think is Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby , with red wig and contact lenses. And I know she is too old for the role.

Let's just say that I don't like Kate Hudson or Ryan Reynolds even mentioned in Wheel of Time forum.

And to bring something original to this conversation , here is my idea of Elyas:

hynynen3110PP_vi.jpg

I know he is too young but still.

In 2020 when we hopefully see WoT movie Heather Graham will be perfect Morgase.

Yeah, actually, Bar Rafaeli does look like she could pick up a spear and fight. She's welcome to practice with...ah nevermind.

As for knocking Kate Hudson while suggesting Heather Graham...have you ever seen them both in the same place, at the same time?

Anyway, this isn't a casting thread. It's a "what do they look like" thread. Not the same thing.

For Rand i see Rand. No person I have seen as of yet looks like him. Perhaps it is not really about the physical aspects, but it is more about the expression and how he holds himself. I suppose a few could look like Two Rivers Rand, but i have later Rand too firmly stuck in my head that no-one seems to work.

Anyway, there are only a few I see and immediately think "oh, thats this character"

Avi = I have to go with alot of people, Milla Jovovich.

Sammael: James Masters (specifically as Spike in Buffy)

Faile: Kristin Kreuk

Morgase: Nicole Kidman

Lan: Vigo (its too hard not to :biggrin: )

Be'lal: Christopher Lee

lol @ Prince Harry as Rand. He gives me more of an impression of a Rand and Mat lovechild, he's way too mischievious to be Rand IMO he just has a look of a prankster.

I haven't really seen anyone who fits the picture of Rand that I have.

The following lists are probably the closest (they may not be very close but they are the closest I can think of atm) looks to how I picture the characters from well known actors.

For the girls:

I can definitely see Kate Beckinsale as Moiraine, maybe Hayden Panettiere as Elayne, Mila Kunis as Nynaeve, Charlize Theron or Julie Benz as Morgase, Jennifer Connelly or Megan Fox as Lanfear, Ashley Greene as Egwene, Odette Annable as Min, Jessica Biel as Aviendah. Scarlett Johannsen as Graendal, Natalie Portman as Berelain.

For the fellas:

Definitely Sam Elliott as Thom, Ashton Kutcher as Mat, he just has the prankster look about him, I think Tom welling could do well as Rand though he doesn't have the right coloured hair but he has been playing a similar type of role for the last 10 years in Smallville. Perrin the only one who comes close was Chris Hemsworth when he was in Thor (he's probably just the right size in the movie for how I picture Perrin in my head). I can definitely see Robert Knepper as Fain. Maybe Javier Bardem as Lan and for some reason I have got Chuck Norris stuck in my head as Tam (would be funny in a parody maybe). And you could probably drop Brad Cooper and Matt Damon in as Talmanes and Nalesean. Orlando Bloom as Galad and Justin Hartley as Gawyn. Leo Di'Caprio as Sammael, maybe Johnny depp as Ishy/Moridin. Pierce Brosnan or George Clooney as Rahvin. Ewan Macgregor as Asmodean.

These are just my opinion from the "A List" hollywood stars there may be very well be some lesser known actors that fit the roles better but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

quote name='Atsnok' timestamp='1304720062' post='1831925']

Few points I'd like to make.

To all of you people who are casting yet another supermodel as Aviendha , do they look like they can pick up a spear and fight eefficiently? And yes I'm counting Milla Jovovich to this lot (since they don't have slow motion in real combat). When I think of Aviendha I think of someone who can actually fight , first name in my mind is Cynthia Rothrock back in the days. And I know she is too short and way too old even at the point when Aviendhas character was first introduced. Closest match I can think is Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby , with red wig and contact lenses. And I know she is too old for the role.

Let's just say that I don't like Kate Hudson or Ryan Reynolds even mentioned in Wheel of Time forum.

And to bring something original to this conversation , here is my idea of Elyas:

hynynen3110PP_vi.jpg

I know he is too young but still.

In 2020 when we hopefully see WoT movie Heather Graham will be perfect Morgase.

I agree with your Avi point 100%. The only people that I can think of is some, and I know it sounds crazy, wemon's valleball player, like this one:

My link

there are a bunch of websites i saw a while back that "cast" the movie with the characters... i think if you google "wheel of time movie" those pages will come up...

but kristin kreuk can't really be anyone in my mind since she was chun li in the street fighter movie and lana lang... unless i want to imagine whatever character as a bad actress.. ZING!

if james mccavoy was a teensy bit taller, he would be a delicious mat though... ryan reynolds is TOO pretty... but he definitely has the attitude

i once tried to "cast" rand with a red headed actor and the only one that came to mind was seth green.. no.. horatio from csi miami? no... conan o brian? nooo... so i stopped there and just accepted rand as rand... he really doesn't have enough actual character to place him anywhere and the character he has is so bi polar its hard to maintain any real visual to accompany the character.. he is just rand..

I always imagined Fain as being this guy (Mackenzie Crook).

I hate to admit it but your Fain is better than mine (it was Canadian actor Julian Richings btw).

Nope, Herid, I think your's is Fain. as soon as I saw the picture I was like "yep!"

:-)

He has the perfect face for it - appears to be the age I imagine Fain to be, his face is all angles, I dunno - just perfect...

I always imagined Fain as being this guy (Mackenzie Crook).

I hate to admit it but your Fain is better than mine (it was Canadian actor Julian Richings btw).

Nope, Herid, I think your's is Fain. as soon as I saw the picture I was like "yep!"

:-)

He has the perfect face for it - appears to be the age I imagine Fain to be, his face is all angles, I dunno - just perfect...

I definitely like Julian Richings and - I've seen him in a few movies (he is Canadian too :)) and he does creepy very well. But I think Fain should be more crazy than creepy and Mackenzie Crook looks quite insane in that pic.

Helena Bonham Carter is good, but I see here more as a Moghedien. Maybe it's her Harry Potter work, but she does evil really well.

Sweeney Todd is a good example. I think you are right on this one. I like her as Mog

Archived