DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

who do they look like

konkoivu

After watching too much bad fan art (no offence) i started to think actual persons who look like WoT charaacters. So the idea is post people who look like your idea of those characters. If there was a one already close this and put a link to previous one.

First of all since i hate pretty boys my idea of Galad is

paulstanley.jpg

Elaida to me is and always will be she

img-1288349109787.jpg

After watching too much bad fan art (no offence) i started to think actual persons who look like WoT charaacters. So the idea is post people who look like your idea of those characters. If there was a one already close this and put a link to previous one.

First of all since i hate pretty boys my idea of Galad is

paulstanley.jpg

Elaida to me is and always will be she

img-1288349109787.jpg

WOW! That is so close to how I picture Elaida! Almost spot on, though I imagine Elaida a little more youthful looking...

I think comparing an actual person to someone like Elaida (even if only in appearance) is somewhat unkind. I would be offended.

She's in politics, current prime minister of Finland. So i think it IS fair.

Disregarding personality, i dont see why it is unfair? Elaida is described as a handsome woman.

I dont see anything wrong with that?

Comparing someone to Gaidal Cain on the other hand, would be offensive.

There is a pretty similar conversation over in the WoT in Other Media forum.

You might want to check it out.

Personally I prefer bad fan-art, it's just weird when someone says something like Rick Steves is what Tam looks like (*shudders). Although in the fan-art circles I do like Seamus(Gallagher?) good pics but not to lifelike so it leaves a little to the imagination. His Min and Tuon are great, first time I thought of Tuon as something

other then a bald dwarf.

(I know she's not that short but they always emphasize it when describing her.)

Edit:Missed a T

This one may be a bit obvious given who RJ based the character of Perrin on. Give Chris Hemsworth dark hair instead of blonde and I think he'd be a perfect Perrin:

Thor5.jpg

From the same movie, I was thinking Natalie Portman would make a pefect Egwene:

Natalie%20Portman%2035.JPG

Those are really the only ones I could think of off the top of my head, but I agree James McAvoy would make a damn good Mat. For someone like Lanfear, she always makes me think of one of those too perfect Victoria's Secret models. Same for Berelain.

This one may be a bit obvious given who RJ based the character of Perrin on. Give Chris Hemsworth dark hair instead of blonde and I think he'd be a perfect Perrin:

That's a pretty good Perrin. Not sure about Portman as Egwene though.

Here is my Fain:

600full-julian-richings.jpg

I always imagined Fain as being this guy (Mackenzie Crook).

I hate to admit it but your Fain is better than mine (it was Canadian actor Julian Richings btw).

That guy played Death (one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse) on Supernatural and did a fantastic job of it. He'd make an awesome Fain assuming he can pull off that level of crazy. Given how well he did as Death I'd say he could probably pull it off. Just for fun, here's a couple of clips of the Death episodes.

Death makes his first appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EzU9sLQ6I&feature=player_detailpage

Dean makes a deal with Death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob09fEbv-Ec&feature=player_detailpage

My idea wasn't to make yet another casring thread , tbh i don't mind since actors/actresses are people who are seen a lot.

IMHO that guy playing Thor is just too skinny to be Perrin. I've always thought him more like a some of those guys who pull airplanes with their teeth.

Meaning something like this.

jon_36.jpg

I mean that the guy is huge and seemingly unstoppable.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I visualize characters, only a few pop into my head immediately as actors/actresses.

Thom Merrilyn is Sam Elliot--no one else fits quite so exactly. I even hear his voice when Thom speaks.

Davram Bashere is Dustin Hoffman.

Faile is Marina Sirtis.

Lan is Vladimir Kulich (you'll remember him as the head viking Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior--talk about a "craggy" face!)

Gaul is Wes Studi.

Tam is James Gandolfini.

Tuon is Jada Pinkett Smith.

That's it for me. The others blur in and out of focus at times, but these few stay consistent in my mind's eye.

hudson.bmp

Whenever I visualize characters, only a few pop into my head immediately as actors/actresses.

Thom Merrilyn is Sam Elliot--no one else fits quite so exactly. I even hear his voice when Thom speaks.

Davram Bashere is Dustin Hoffman.

Faile is Marina Sirtis.

Lan is Vladimir Kulich (you'll remember him as the head viking Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior--talk about a "craggy" face!)

Gaul is Wes Studi.

Tam is James Gandolfini.

Tuon is Jada Pinkett Smith.

That's it for me. The others blur in and out of focus at times, but these few stay consistent in my mind's eye.

Wow, I dunno. These actors seem awfully OLD, to me. It's been quite some time since Marina Sirtis looked 19. And Wes Studi? The Aiel are fair and blond or red-headed, with blue, green or gray eyes.

The Sam Elliot one I like.

Elayne = Kate Hudson

Faile = Penelope Cruz if she was a little younger. Maybe she has a younger sister with a similarly large nose?

Honestly, can't find a better match for Mat:

s-RYAN-REYNOLDS-large.jpg

As for Lanfear, that's easy:

naked_monica_bellucci_in_water_33135-480x360.jpg

Moiraine:

underworld_kate_beckinsale__1_.jpg

I'm also trying to figure out where to fit Mat Damon (just really like him) but can't think of a character for him biggrin.gif. Any suggestions.

Archived