DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM Premium Accounts! (ie, how to get access to the Chat Room)

Jason Denzel

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

By popular request, Dragonmount is now offering PREMIUM ACCOUNTS. The cost is $20 US for the first year, and $15 for each year after that. (And in fact, they are even cheaper right now because they are on sale for an introductory discount. Use the coupon code thechosen to get the discount.)

You can get them here.

By purchasing a Premium Account, you instantly get:

• Access to the DM chat room (With private chat rooms)
  • Access to premium forum
  • 2000 PM inbox
  • larger gallery space
  • additional 5% discount in the DM store on all items
  • The satisfaction of knowing you're supporting our website. :)

Eventually we want to add:

• Ad free website
  • Selectable skins for the DM website & forums
  • Other stuff

BTW -

Why We Are Doing This

Some people have questioned why we are doing this. I'd like to be very clear that we are not trying to "milk" you, or take advantage of anybody. DM will always be free to everyone. We're not going to hide news or WoT content from you if you don't have a premium account. What this is is a way for people to help support this website and get something for it in return. We turned down the idea of asking for donations and instead wanted to offer something in return for your assistance. The DM chat room and larger PM inboxes have been asked for for a long time. And the other perks (both current and future) are things we feel will make your time at DM here more enjoyable. Especially if you are one of the thousands of people that hang out here on our forums so much every day. As time goes on we'll add new features. If you have suggestions for those features, send me an email at Jason@dragonmount.com.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

By popular request, Dragonmount is now offering PREMIUM ACCOUNTS. The cost is $20 US for the first year, and $15 for each year after that. (And in fact, they are even cheaper right now because they are on sale for an introductory discount. Use the coupon code thechosen to get the discount.)

You can get them here.

By purchasing a Premium Account, you instantly get:

• Access to the DM chat room (With private chat rooms)
  • Access to premium forum
  • 2000 PM inbox
  • larger gallery space
  • additional 5% discount in the DM store on all items
  • The satisfaction of knowing you're supporting our website. :)

Eventually we want to add:

• Ad free website
  • Selectable skins for the DM website & forums
  • Other stuff

BTW -

Why We Are Doing This

Some people have questioned why we are doing this. I'd like to be very clear that we are not trying to "milk" you, or take advantage of anybody. DM will always be free to everyone. We're not going to hide news or WoT content from you if you don't have a premium account. What this is is a way for people to help support this website and get something for it in return. We turned down the idea of asking for donations and instead wanted to offer something in return for your assistance. The DM chat room and larger PM inboxes have been asked for for a long time. And the other perks (both current and future) are things we feel will make your time at DM here more enjoyable. Especially if you are one of the thousands of people that hang out here on our forums so much every day. As time goes on we'll add new features. If you have suggestions for those features, send me an email at Jason@dragonmount.com.

Thanks!

i can't agree with this, at all.. i don't mind "pay" accounts, but i don't think the chat room should be included in this, since i think thats something ALL would enjoy. you say you're not trying to milk anyone.. yet.. honestly how long could you continue to get away with "pay" accounts after, AMOL is released.. seems to me you guys are trying to cash in while you can.. nothing wrong with that, i guess, but i wish you would take donations.. i don't trust money sent over the internet, but it wouldn't be anything for me to give some cash in an un-addressed envelope. And exactly what is worth paying you guys for? its easy to say there will be perks(both current and future) but what could those possibly be? if you wanted cash, mabye you could've done a coupon booklet.. pay your 20 bucks, and you get some deals at the online store. i would go for this quicker than i would go for paying to use the chat room.

• Administrator

Sorry you feel that way, Frost Wynters. I assure you we're not trying to take advantage of anything. I'm a big believer that the WoT franchise will continue beyond AMOL. (Movies, games, comics, new books possibly, etc) Nobody at DM is in this for the money whatsoever.

Donations are fine. But Jenn and I decided that instead of just asking for money, we would offer something small in return. We've had people sign up for these accounts with no intention of using the chat room.

Chat is behind a pay wall because you wouldn't believe the crap we had to deal with when we had open, unrestricted chat available a few years ago. There's a reason we were the only major WoT community without a chat until now.

• 4 weeks later...

they did lower the price, it's less than i spend on gas one day to work, and it's not about buying anything. i don't know if i'd use the chat room anyway. i was just wondering if i have some setting wrong.

oh, wait. . . you're in character, aren't you? :rolleyes:

i hope you're being sarcastic. please don't take anything i say to heart, ever. i am clearly a cranky old lady, and i get tremendous enjoyment out of your free labor here. i believe it is actually the computers that suck. i have suspected this since i was introduced to a gigantic warehouse-sized computing device in the very early 70's. i saw immediately that it was a monstrosity bent on world dominion. i did not predict the thing about the LOLcats, but who could have seen that coming?

anyway, i pride myself on my superior self loathing skills, and will not be outdone. sorry :smile:.

(also, when i grew up, "suck" was not PG-13, but i think the second half of the phrase has been forgotten. in the olden days we often inserted the word moose, as well. . . but you don't suck, you rock, and you know it).

'k, i'm done now. :blink:

Archived