DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Herald of the new Age

Dunedain Fal

I recalled reading the Great Hunt book and the Crown of Swords where Mat remembered his time from sounding the Horn. There were two people that were brother and sister. One will herald the end of the Age and the other one will sound the new Age. I could not help but think that perhaps that's what Elayne's CHildren will turn out to be, the heralds of an end to an Age and to a beginning of a new Age.

What do you think?

Guest cwestervelt

Who cares? If they are, they will bearly be rolling over by the end of the books. The only impact would be the loss of 2 Heroes when the Horn is blown during Tar'mon Gaidon.

Addition: Personally, I think it would be a very lame plot contrivance. The story wouldn't gain anything by it.

Really? I always just assumed that this was obviously the case. The timing would be about right.

Also, it's not that lame, really. The twins that herald the new age do have to be born, so they're not likely to be participating in the Last Battle anyway. They may as well be born to someone we know, otherwise a new character would have to be introduced to give birth to them.

hold the boat... you may be onto something here. what if elaynes twins are not heralds in and of themselves. what if the very act of their birth, which could easily be during TG be a sign or "herald" they wouldn't have to actualy do anything other than exist. as long as they are born at precisely the right time and place. the fact that they are the childrn of the most powerful taveren ever; that, to me, makes it more likely.

Perhaps Elayne gives birth during TG. It would be like in a movie; lots of back and forth between Elayne and the battle. When the first one (the herald of the end of an age) is born, the Light is about to loose, but as Elayne gives birth to the second child (the herald of the beginning of an age) the tables have turned.

And then we wouldn't have to put up with reading more of her assanine decisions based on the idea that she can't die before her kids are born.

(I really wish she would die in childbirth just for being so stupid. Of course, I know that's not going to happen, the whole 3 women on a boat thing and all, but still.)

Perhaps Elayne gives birth during TG. It would be like in a movie; lots of back and forth between Elayne and the battle. When the first one (the herald of the end of an age) is born' date=' the Light is about to loose, but as Elayne gives birth to the second child (the herald of the beginning of an age) the tables have turned.[/quote']

To be honest, that is an incredible theory. It could be that one is born as Rand dies and the second is born when Taim finishes the battle (his glory).

Guest cwestervelt
cannon: And then we wouldn't have to put up with reading more of her assanine decisions based on the idea that she can't die before her kids are born.

(I really wish she would die in childbirth just for being so stupid. Of course, I know that's not going to happen, the whole 3 women on a boat thing and all, but still.)

You don't want to get me started on that. At least you seem to be someone that regarded Elayne's actions in similar light to how I do. Assinine decisions is much to nice of a way to regard her absolute disregard of the consequences her actions would have. I got so sick of hearing people try and justify her actions (aka abject stupidity) because things "turned out okay in the end" and "soldiers should expect the possibility of death doing their duty." The happy ending wasn't even remotely forseen, and the soldiers shouldn't have needed to lauch a rescue mission.

im glad to see there are others who regard her decisions regarding the black ajah sisters as stupid as i do, i mean seriously, noone but her cares if she survives anymore, everyone just hopes she gives birth soon so she'll shut up.....good writing from rj in my opinion, shes still a strong character as such, just annoying as hell

Archived