DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi all, from South Carolina here!

tif

Hey everybody, whats going on!

I was a big fan of wotmania back in the day (especially the other fantasy section) but for whatever reason never came around DM that much. Well, wot has finally died, so I made a profile here a while back and lurked but never posted, but I figured that I would finally start posting a little bit here and there!

Anyways, I am a big fan of wot (although I am a book behind, reading the Stephen Erickson stuff atm) and just fantasy stuff in general. If I haven't bored you too much already you can find a little bit more about me in my sig. Hope to get to know everyone here a bit better!

Tif

Welcome to the Mount!

The collapse of wotmania was a sad one, I can remember the influx of their members we had when it first went down, but its good to see a few trickle in now and then :3 since the site from what I hear was really popular.

But anyway, having been a lurker do you have any questions you would like me to answer? Point you in the right direction for something? Or explain some stuff about the forum in genereal? I can do all that :3 or if I find that I dont have the answer I can point you to someone who I know does! That is if one of our other helpful members doesnt answer it first :3 they tend to do that.

But, until next we speak, have fun Storming the Mount!

Hehehe, nope, I think I am good! Like I've said I've lurked for awhile, and then recently decided I would post here and there, so I figured I would at least give a small shutout in the 'hello' section of the forums. And yeah, wotmania was a pretty happening place. I posted alot there once upon a time then stopped for various reasons. Probably didn't visit for like a year and when I did, poof, it was gone. The 'other fantasy' message boards had a really good community going as I recall.

I think the reason I gravitated towards there instead of here was the design of DM back in the day I didn't think was as easy to navigate in as wotmania. Obviously that has since been corrected:)

To alannalynn -

Just out of curosity, are you from SC or know anyone from around here or anything? I live here, and can't think of any reason why someone would 'come running' towards SC, lol. And I haven't really kept up too much with the social group stuff. WT stands for White Tower I take it? Whats the deal:)?

I grew up in Spartanburg, just moved away about 3 years ago with my parents to Illinois, so I'm homesick! lol. laugh.gif

Yeah, WT is the White Tower Social Group. The social groups are a great way to get to know everyone and get involved in the Dragonmount community and they all have their little fun things they do. ^.^ I'm slightly biased toward the White Tower, Black Tower, Aiel, and Band of the Red Hand. ~slightly~ wink.gif

Christine, I LOVE Myrtle Beach! My grandma has a timeshare there so we generally go every year the week of/before July 4th. I cried when they tore down the Pavillion... madmyrddraal.gif

It's a nice town, ain't it Tif? ^.^ We moved for a change of pace and I tagged along with my parents to Illinois (not that I had a choice when 16). My stepdad's family had moved up to IL about 4 years before us and said it was a great place... they lied. rolleyes.gif So yay, I left Dorman to get sub-par education in Illinois where the school system is falling to pieces, but I'm in a good college now and have a job... may think about going back to the Burg when I'm all graduated. biggrin.gif

Christine, I LOVE Myrtle Beach! My grandma has a timeshare there so we generally go every year the week of/before July 4th. I cried when they tore down the Pavillion... madmyrddraal.gif

It's a nice town, ain't it Tif? ^.^ We moved for a change of pace and I tagged along with my parents to Illinois (not that I had a choice when 16). My stepdad's family had moved up to IL about 4 years before us and said it was a great place... they lied. rolleyes.gif So yay, I left Dorman to get sub-par education in Illinois where the school system is falling to pieces, but I'm in a good college now and have a job... may think about going back to the Burg when I'm all graduated. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I really enjoy it, although when you want to go out and do something Greenville is a little bit better in terms of stuff to do. I actually live near Clemson now though. It's always fun living near a college town! And yeah, Dorman is a great school too. Much better then Spartanburg High right;)? Anyways, what are you studying in school? If you want to talk over FB feel free to FB me! (I know it's an anon account, long story!)

I sent you a request :)

Oh yes, Greenville has an amazing downtown and tons of stuff to do, Spartanburg does have it's charm as well! I really miss Wades... lol. Spartan High is scary, simple as that. baalzamon.gif

Hehe Clemson! I would never bring myself to live near Clemson or even go to Clemson, too much of a party school. As for myself... I'm really undecided, potentially going for Accounting but we'll see. I'm going to a liberal arts private college here in IL and I love it; it's very peaceful and I live with my parents about 3 minutes away, so no crazy parties for me. biggrin.gif

Don't worry... I have around 5 alternate accounts for FB games... but the one I sent you is my original. laugh.gif

The Social Side is the Social Groups down below discussions. There is the Aiel, the Band, the Black Tower, the Kin, the Ogier, Shayol Ghul, the White Tower, and the Wolfkin. Each group has a different theme! So, poke around and see what you like! If you have any questions, I am in every group!

So I took a look at them, well, I suppose the White Tower one mainly since Alanna suggested it in one of her post. And after reading some of the info about it...ummm....I don't get it? Hehe ummm..maybe you could explain it a little bit more Christine? Is it basically just an RP community?

tif

Hi! I'm a member of the WT too. Yes, it is basically a Social Community rather than RP. While we do have light role-playing and the like in threads, we don't heavily RP (Ateast not on teh social side of the boards.)

What you do in the WT is basically, sign up to become and Initiate and from there you decide whether you want to become a Novice or an Algai and then rise in the ranks. To me it's been a great place to make friends and there's always something happening. But I guess that can be said of most Social Groups. But we do try to keep a healthy lien between spam posting and actual active discussions and getting to know you type things.

I hope that helped... If I didn't make much sense I can try again :biggrin:

The sides are rather confusing. Why don't I just explain DM as a whole, and then you can go from there.

• Getting Started - This is your welcome boards, your rule book, the signature playground, and any techie issues you have. Signatures are fun, so look around and make a request!
  • WoT Discussion - All things WoT discussion! There is talks about all of the books, a section that has no talk of the last book to avoid spoilers, an area to talk about other media, and the podcasts. I don't really poke around there too much though.
  • Skip Social Groups - we will come back to this.
  • Dragon Reborn RP Community - these are the OOC boards for the RP side. Poke around there if you want to join RPing.
  • Dragon Reborn Role Play - the IC boards for RPing.
  • Social Groups - we are going to break this down section by section 1. because that is what you are interested 2. because there is a lot going on.

•  
      1. These are boards about... everything!
    • General Discussion - this is the realm of Mafia, debates/discussions, awards, events, and all bits of insanity (fiddlesticks). Lots of fun!
    • Entertainment Discussion - Talk about sports, games, movies, tv.
    • ACW Guild - these are your arts. Writing. Art. Crafting. Creativeness!
      2. These are the Social Groups. Social Groups have very very light RP, which are held within **, but mainly just talking and laughing and discussing and fun.
    • Aiel - the cultural crew
    • BotRH - all things music
    • BT - technology and taintedness
    • Kin - the crafty people!
    • Ogier - talking about history and brewing
    • SG - they like to stabby stabby
    • WT - A big big big family.
    • Wolfkin - This group is all about Nature!

• 3 weeks later...

But joining the Band of the Red Hand would be the best move! No bias whatsoever! :tongue:

Apologise for the lateness, but I was away over the lengthy Easter/Royal Wedding break we had over here in the UK. I hope you are enjoying everything that DM has to offer!

Archived