DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just finished Book 13 last night. New to the forums and dying to talk about it.

Guest DJ D

Well, the topic title pretty much says it all. I first got introduced to Jordan back in '96. Got hooked right away but only made it through Book 6. Then, sometime around '04, I decided to give it another go. I started over with The Eye of the World, but once again, petered out around Book 6. Then last year, I decided that was it. I was doing this thing. I sat down again, started with The New Spring, and have been going non-stop ever since. For the better part of a year, I've read nothing but Jordan. There was a time there when I put down Book 6 for about 3 months and didn't touch it (I don't know what it is about Lord of Chaos that makes it so difficult for me to get through), but I picked it back up, plowed through, and FINALLY moved on to Book 7 (a new book for me at that point, as well as books 8-13), and have been reading like mad for the past 6 months...until early this morning. I pulled an all nighter last night and around 7:30 this morning I finished Towers of Midnight for the first time.

Wow. Now I want to talk about it.

Welcome! This is the perfect place to discuss! We have the discussion boards for lots of talks about the books, a Social Group area where you can join our version of the different groups in the books, and then the RP boards at the bottom for joining in with the books. Lots of fun, so just ask if you have any questions!

Welcome to the Mount!

Just finished book 13 eh? Kept you on the edge of your seat I bet! I know it kept me there the entire book!

Anyway, have a good look around the forums and see if anyhting stikes your interest! There is something here for everyone! From the social side of things to as Charstine said the RP side of things! But, looking at things might spawn questions which is where I come in! I can answer all your questions for you or point you towards someone who can! These questions can be put here in this thread of PMed to me :3 And I shall answer them asap!

Until next we speak, have fun Storming the Mount!

Hi DJ. I found DM after finishing the Towers of Midnight too, although I have been reading the books since forever. I'm really glad I joined though. The discussions are interesting and the Social Groups are lots of fun, especially if you haven't got any more new WOT books to consume your days and night anymore lol

Hey DJ D.

LoC is one of the longest books, I think, and the first two thirds are fairly grim (though it does have one of the greatest battles in the series)

Anyway, welcome to the forums, come on in, poke around, feel free to ask questions and poke your head into the various forums.

The duscussion boards are quite lively, as are the Social Orgs, and the RP boards could always use more members

The Social groups are always full of fun *nodnod*

You have the Aiel with the culture, the Band with music, the BT with games and movies, the Kin with crafting, the Ogier with books (and currently doing a reread), Shayol Ghul with the stabbity stabbity, the WT with their usual craziness, and the wolfkin with their nature, tequila, and chili pot. We are one big mash of craziness!

Archived