DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Song

MatrixM

So many people seem to want the Song to be found. Perhaps Rand remembers it now that he has all of Lews Therin's memories. It's possible. But I also get the impression that only the Aiel, Ogier and Nym bothered to learn it.

Discuss.

Honestly I hope this will be one of the "plots" that will be left unfinished.. It would be a bit stupid if the ending would be like "and they all lived happily ever after". Maybe if they really find it somehow, it might be ok, but if it's like "Hey, btw. I just remembered your Song, it goes like this *tralalalalaaa*" it would just ruin it :D

If anyone was to help find it, Ive always thought it would be Perrin. He is just alot more tied to Tinkers and Ogier then anyone else, and his affinity to nature through being a Wolfbrother would probably help.

But who knows. I might be one of those plotlines left unresolved.

I don't know about anyone else but I sorta took it that at the beginning of TOM that Zen Rand was actually doing what the "song" might do with Almen Bunts Apple Orchard. and then again in Tarabon. The "song" may be a mood or presence that is often brought out through song.

But then the book would have one of those "Ah-ha!" moments for the Tinkers and they realise that it is just some cheesy lame thrown together mission and it took them hundreds of years to realise they had it all along.

Maybe it is as one poster put it, " the song that never ends" and the world slowly began killing ANYONE WHO SANG THAT SONG! and there you go, they are searching for the most OCD developing annoying song ever sung by a puppet named lamb chops.

There is no one magical song to be "found." "The Song" is a metaphor. Go back and read "The Dedicated" in TSR. The Aiel used to have the ability to Sing with the Voice, but it wasn't any one particular Song. After the breaking, the Aiel began to use the term "find the Song" as a metaphor for returning to the way life used to be. This has been covered in other threads. The Tinkers' "search for the Song" is a cool little piece of culture that ties them all the way back to the original Aiel, but I doubt it will have any significance in the final book.

There is no one magical song to be "found." "The Song" is a metaphor. Go back and read "The Dedicated" in TSR. The Aiel used to have the ability to Sing with the Voice, but it wasn't any one particular Song. After the breaking, the Aiel began to use the term "find the Song" as a metaphor for returning to the way life used to be. This has been covered in other threads. The Tinkers' "search for the Song" is a cool little piece of culture that ties them all the way back to the original Aiel, but I doubt it will have any significance in the final book.

Shame on me, it clearly is the time for reread :D

Archived