DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Howdy y'all! + [My WoT Story]

TheEmuReborn

Hello, I'm TheEmuReborn and thought I'd introduce myself before I do anything else on dragonmount.

Let's see, well I'm 16 and the only WoT book I've read so far was The Eye of the World. I never heard of The Wheel of Time before until my older step-brother introduced me to it, calling it "the best fantasy series ever" and "better than The Lord of the Rings". I didn't think much of it at first and forgot about it for a while, until Christmas of '09, when I was 15, where he bought me the The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, & The Dragon Reborn in the Mass-Market Packerback Trilogy Set.

I looked at the Cover Art for TEotW and was interested in it, although a lack of a plot summary on the back of the novel didn't help interest me further. I noticed the length of the book as well, and was honestly turned off after that, at least for a little while. Several months later I found the interest to open up TEotW and start reading, I read the prologue and the first few chapters of the book with Rand and the others in Emond's Field and was very bored with it. I stopped reading after that and didn't open it again for about 7-8 months.

During the fall of '10, I decided to re-start from the beggining of TEotW and not stop until I finished it, it took me about 2 and half months because of that mentality.

While it was long, at some times sort of slow, and overall only the beggining to what I knew was a LARGE, EPIC, STORY [basically, I knew that what I read was only just a sliver of WoT] but I was still thouroughly interested in the story, the characters, and towards the end became very intrigued.

It's now April and I still haven't started The Great Hunt yet, mainly because I had a lot of other books I wanted to read and was nervous about starting another book that had the potential to eat up a lot of my time.

But now I really want to know what happens next in the story, so sooner or later I'll start The Great Hunt, but first I wanted to join this forum and see what I cound find about WoT in general, just because with a better understanding of the concept of the story as a whole I've become more committed to enjoying it.

Introduce yourselves to ... myself, and hit me up, tell me whatever you can and would want a newcomer to WoT to learn.

See ya on the Forums

Introduce yourselves to ... myself, and hit me up, tell me whatever you can and would want a newcomer to WoT to learn.

Well hello EmuReborn im Perrinsgirl (lol) welcome to WOT! Im really new too so its nice to see other new comers on here. I started reading the WOTseries probably in January or so?? and now am on book 11 BELIEVE ME you want to read these books! They are so capturing and detailed I cannot stop reading. Good luck and I hope you start the Great Hunt

Well hello EmuReborn im Perrinsgirl (lol) welcome to WOT! Im really new too so its nice to see other new comers on here. I started reading the WOTseries probably in January or so?? and now am on book 11 BELIEVE ME you want to read these books! They are so capturing and detailed I cannot stop reading. Good luck and I hope you start the Great Hunt

Very nice indeed, and I will! I just have a nasty habit of not getting invested in one particuliar franchise/series at a time, but I will read it, & soon. Believe me!

Keep Reading! I don't want you to see any spoilers because of these forums!

:laugh: my step-brother told me the same thing when I asked him about these forums.

Greetings, my Lord Emu. *bows*

Welcome to the forums!

You sure have a rollercoaster ride ahead of you.

Friends of mine tried to turn me onto WoT when I was in high school as well (ten years ago... god that makes me feel old :madmyrddraal: ) but I too was intimidated by its length.

The middle books slow down a bit, but The Dragon Reborn and The Shadoiw Rising are two of the best in the series, IMO. Characters I didn't like at first ended up becoming my favorites, and a lot of the foreshadowing only becomes really evident in re-reads, so even if you've read all the books there's always something more if you decide to read them all over again.

I hope you enjoy the books as much as I have, and the forums too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, people around here are mighty friendly.

Whether you want to discuss the books, are an aspiring writer or artist yourself, feel like dabbling into the exciting wold of role playing in the Portal Stones or just want to chat with other fans of the series, there's lots here to offer.

Welcome to Dragonmount!

Definitely keep reading. I am an avid reader, reading dozens of books each year, however of all of them, The Wheel of Time is my favorite, and I have loved every moment of it.

Also, yeah, be careful of reading spoilers on the discussion threads etc., but there are other parts of DM (Dragonmount) that are based off of Wheel of Time groups (like the White Tower) but are mostly just about hanging out and having fun. Naturally, they're known as the Social Groups. :laugh:

Welcome to you Emu... *raises eyebrow* I'm guessing you're not an Aussie though :rolleyes:

So I won't spoil anything for you, but I have read all the books. LOTR is still the King of fantasy but if there was a Prince Regent there it would be WOT for sure. I hope you enjoy it here, I'm only new as well but I'm having a ball here, very friendly peeps. :nynaeve:

Greetings, my Lord Emu. *bows*

:blush:

there are other parts of DM (Dragonmount) that are based off of Wheel of Time groups (like the White Tower) but are mostly just about hanging out and having fun. Naturally, they're known as the Social Groups. :laugh:

:happy: I'll check 'em out!

Welcome to you Emu... *raises eyebrow* I'm guessing you're not an Aussie though :rolleyes:

I'm no Aussie, but I do like Emus :smile:

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

I hope you are enjoying your time at the site! You are probably finding that there is plenty to do here. And if you get stuck or confused, just ask and we will do our best to help out.

Definitely check out the Social Groups. And feel free to drop by the Campfires of the Band of the Red Hand!

*waves his :bandredhand: banner all over the place*

*feels like she's following Corki waving a secondary banner* I guess that's kinda the job when you're the second in command, huh?

Just follow us with our fancy banners, it's where all the fun is at! :biggrin:

Archived