DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

wotrr - Sorilea

BananaOnDrugs

Hi guys.

I'm on my first complete wotrr and something puzzled me. I don't know of it's so obvious that nobody even bothered to post it anywhere(because I did search the forums for this and it isn't mentioned in any wot-encyclopedias I know of) but either way I couldn't find it. So Sorilea showed Cadsuane the Traveling weave right?...Well how did she know it herself? I doubt that she reinvented the weave with her pitiful channeling ability or another aeil wise one - an essential part of reinventing it is going to TAR - so dreamwalkers. But that would assume they would go there in the flesh - which isn't happening. That leaves it with someone showing the weave to the aeil. Then we have to options

- Aes Sedai from Egwene's camp - highly improbable - there's no reason for any of them to be anywhere near an aeil WO nevermind teaching them powerfull weaves. Besides I'm pretty sure any of those would prefer going to a non-Rand-ruled settlement for...well anything. I also doubt Egwene showed it to the WOs while meeting them in TAR.

- Forsaken - that makes no sense at all unless ofcourse Sorilea is a darkfriend which makes even less sense since she can't actually use the weave.

- She is the Dragon Reborn 3.0 because the Creator got bored with Rand al'Thor. :flamingsword:

PS: Incase this really is so obvious nobody bothered to write it down to any not so bright google users: I'm sorry.

Egwene taught the Wise Ones Traveling as a way of thanking them for their TAR lessons.

WH Prologue

Amys’ prematurely white hair combined with features that appeared short of their middle years to give her something of the look of an Aes Sedai. She must have Traveled from Cairhien. Egwene had been teaching the dreamwalkers, to repay their teaching about Tel’aran’rhiod.

Egwene taught the Wise Ones Traveling as a way of thanking them for their TAR lessons.

WH Prologue

Amys’ prematurely white hair combined with features that appeared short of their middle years to give her something of the look of an Aes Sedai. She must have Traveled from Cairhien. Egwene had been teaching the dreamwalkers, to repay their teaching about Tel’aran’rhiod.

Well damn me for not reading right...thanks.

WH Prologue

It's easy to miss small details in WoT. It's not like there was a scene with her teaching it or anything of the sort. Don't feel bad.

• 1 year later...

WH Prologue

Sorry.  I'm just re reading WoT after a long time and came across this since I seemed to have passed over it without paying much attention the first time I read it.  I understand why missed it as well because Sorilea teaching Cadsuance was in Path of Daggers where as Egwene teaching the wise ones is mentioned in Winter's Heart prologue which is the book after Path of Daggers.  Understandable that you would miss it like me if you were reading it in the right order. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did Sorilea know the weave, if she cant channel enough to use it? Her nose is in everything that happens among the Aiel, so of course she would have persuaded Amy's or Bair to teach it to her.

Sorilea saw the Traveling weave being used enough to understand how to form that weave, despite not being powerful enough to make a Gateway herself.

Archived