DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Last Supper Moment

Kidicaris

I don't know if either author has (or will) add a last supper moment for Rand and Co. but I imagine such a chapter would be incredible.

Who would you like to be in such a scene, and what might they talk about over their honeyed cakes and mulled wine?

In my version, after our crew has finished catching up

(you know, with some lines about what they have all been up to

"I married the Empress of Seanchan"

"You what?"

"...and drop kicked this immortal vampire into an endless abyss"

"Matrim Cauthon is a wool head."

"and with Thom went into the Tower of Ghenji and played the real game of Snakes and Foxes, AND WON."

"oo oo I won too Mat, see?")

Where was I, oh ya, after they had caught up we'd get some really poignant scenes where Rand expresses both his sureness of victory, but also the sadness of his impending death. He does still believe he's destined to die right? What would Rand think/say when he turned to Nyneave? If he thinks he's going to die, what of the woman that is linked to him? Does Rand believe he asked Nyneave to die too, for the Light?

I'm thinking by the time Mat shows up to Merrilor, things are going to be pretty freaking crazy. When Rand wakes up, he's going to have to figure out WTF was going on with his dream. Caemlyn was attacked that same night. I might be wrong but I highly doubt there will be time for any Last Supper type things.

What are you saying? That they won't know what's going on in Caemlyn because Mat's not going there?

I'm just saying it's highly likely Mat will be going to the FoM first. I didn't make any other conjectures.

Does that not sound logical, that Grady would open the Gateway from the FoM though?

The Last Supper of the Gospels, Jesus gave like a lecture to his disciples. Teaching them various things.

From looking through Encyclopaedia's Towers of Midnight pages, it seems Rand will give a like a lecture to various nations or perhaps to their armies. Setting up like a treaty to fight Tarmon Gaidon.

The Last Supper of the Gospels, Jesus gave like a lecture to his disciples. Teaching them various things.

From looking through Encyclopaedia's Towers of Midnight pages, it seems Rand will give a like a lecture to various nations or perhaps to their armies. Setting up like a treaty to fight Tarmon Gaidon.

I think you're right. At the Field of Merrilor, I think Rand will put forth the same decision he faced on Dragonmount to all the rulers. To save the world or not, unite and fight and live, or die, forever. At this point in the story, it's only Rand, Moiraine, Perrin, Nynaeve and Cadsuane that even realize and even get it that the Dark One really exist and that he won't be defeated without any thought being put to it (Mat too, kinda. The others that do know, are just out to further their own ends and profit from the Last Battle, fools). Rand will tell them that the Dark One is kicking their asses and they stand no chance to live if they continue as they have. As Robert Jordan said, Rand will make them aware that they are in overtime and they need to come up with that knockout punch or it's curtains for real. So all need to jump on his back. cuz daddy Dragon is gonna make his convenent and take 'em home :laugh:

The Field of Merrilor obviously would be the perfect opportunity for such a scene. I'm not thinking about something extravagant, just a coincidental gathering of old friends in one spot. Maybe a cameo here or there, Lini gets a walk on role as maid #3 from the right, Rand noticed Bela as he walks past the horses into the tent... jk.

It's true, there is precious little time and page space, but if I had my way my guest list would be:

Two River's folk: Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nyneave and Egwene. (Possibly Tam and misc other Emond's Fielders.)

The original crew: Moiraine, Lan and Thom

The spouses: Faile, Min, Aviendha, Elayne.

Aes Sedai/ Wise Ones: Cads and co. (her entourage is getting out of control), Siuan, Alanna, ghost of Verin. Amys, Sorilea etc.

Aiel: Misc clan chiefs and reps from the different warrior societies. Sulin with soup.

Close friends/ allies/ misc heads of state and armies.: Bashere, Bryne, Tenobia...

Party Crashers: Morgase, Galad, Gawyn, Berelain. etc. incl. misc. heads of state who through relation tagged along with the above.

Hold on a min... this is getting out of control, my small, simple gathering of friends and family is blowing up like The Real Housewives of Fal Dara. Queen Tenobia?! No no no n o noooo.

We're going to make some cuts. No pony, no elephant, no ice sculptures, no train. No army of liveried servants.

Rand, Mat, Perrin. Nyneave, Egwene, Moraine, Thom.

Lan (if he lives and is the mood to partay).

Faile (because she would crash it anyway, b***h),

Min, Aviendha. (Seating possibly to be determined by knife fight).

Elayne (if she has not managed to get kidnapped).

Gawyn and Birgitte (warders know the DJ so they're VIP).

Cads, Sorilea, Amys etc whatever other ladies shoulder past the door-women because they're cool kids, possibly wrapped in Mask and Mirrors, or using Traveling hacks.

Sulin with soup.

Somehow I find it difficult to imagine this without Bashere, but putting him there opens the door for almost everyone else. And since I am committed to my vision of a small indoor event...

Time: Unknown, tonight. Possibly right now and you're late.

Attire: To be described in detail.

Menu: Simple, possibly consisting entirely of barely sipped wine and untouched bread and cheese. Thoughts of Tarmon Gai'don is better than P90X at weight loss.

The Field of Merrilor obviously would be the perfect opportunity for such a scene. I'm not thinking about something extravagant, just a coincidental gathering of old friends in one spot. Maybe a cameo here or there, Lini gets a walk on role as maid #3 from the right, Rand noticed Bela as he walks past the horses into the tent... jk.

It's true, there is precious little time and page space, but if I had my way my guest list would be:

Two River's folk: Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nyneave and Egwene. (Possibly Tam and misc other Emond's Fielders.)

The original crew: Moiraine, Lan and Thom

The spouses: Faile, Min, Aviendha, Elayne.

Aes Sedai/ Wise Ones: Cads and co. (her entourage is getting out of control), Siuan, Alanna, ghost of Verin. Amys, Sorilea etc.

Aiel: Misc clan chiefs and reps from the different warrior societies. Sulin with soup.

Close friends/ allies/ misc heads of state and armies.: Bashere, Bryne, Tenobia...

Party Crashers: Morgase, Galad, Gawyn, Berelain. etc. incl. misc. heads of state who through relation tagged along with the above.

Hold on a min... this is getting out of control, my small, simple gathering of friends and family is blowing up like The Real Housewives of Fal Dara. Queen Tenobia?! No no no n o noooo.

We're going to make some cuts. No pony, no elephant, no ice sculptures, no train. No army of liveried servants.

Rand, Mat, Perrin. Nyneave, Egwene, Moraine, Thom.

Lan (if he lives and is the mood to partay).

Faile (because she would crash it anyway, b***h),

Min, Aviendha. (Seating possibly to be determined by knife fight).

Elayne (if she has not managed to get kidnapped).

Gawyn and Birgitte (warders know the DJ so they're VIP).

Cads, Sorilea, Amys etc whatever other ladies shoulder past the door-women because they're cool kids, possibly wrapped in Mask and Mirrors, or using Traveling hacks.

Sulin with soup.

Somehow I find it difficult to imagine this without Bashere, but putting him there opens the door for almost everyone else. And since I am committed to my vision of a small indoor event...

Time: Unknown, tonight. Possibly right now and you're late.

Attire: To be described in detail.

Menu: Simple, possibly consisting entirely of barely sipped wine and untouched bread and cheese. Thoughts of Tarmon Gai'don is better than P90X at weight loss.

And you missed the character that would make such a gathering a riot: Tuon. If anyone neeeds to be at a Randlander gathering like this, Tuon does for sure. I think the big reveal of Matrim's newly acquired wife will come to them all at the same time amidst the Field of Merrilor when he brings Egwene/Tuon/Rand together, after the meeting. After all, he's been married for 2+ books now, so obviously this 'big reveal' is being put aside to have the biggest bloom it can have Ie; when all Edmond fielders are together and the reaction from all of them will be pricelss, even more so if Tuon is amidst them when they all fall over in shock.

Archived