DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

I was the leader of the Mason team but my power only works if Mav or Key are still alive. I could choose to end or extent a phase but as they are both gone I guess I'm basically useless.

And god damit Key I was really banking on you still being on my team >_>! Oh well. You suck :P

As for your plan I'm all for it!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*proffers a cake covered in sequins*

Don't get them stuck between your teeth.

Oh, yeah, that's right, I still can't eat. >.<

And *facepalm* making a bad habit out of missing deadlines, although if I had used my brain I never would have made it Friday. Anyhow.

Night passed in nervous anticipation. None were able to sleep as you anxiously awaited the results Day would bring. When the sun rose, you all gathered in the kitchen and looked around. Blackhoof was missing. Griefy smiled grimly. You trudged up to Blackhoof's room where he was lying in a pool of blood. On his head rested a small note card reading "Blackhoof, Nobleman Rioter, Votestealer, has been Night Killed. Congratulations Town, you are victorious." Tina, Tinker, and Griefy all high fived each other vigorously and went out into the street to celebrate, where they were run over by a speeding truck from another dimension.

TOWN WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! High five!!! :wink:

I´m so happy to be on the winning team for the second time. (2/3 isn´t bad, is it?) But of course it was Griefy who did the most of it. Good work!

Great game Locke.

:wheel:

Woooo! Not bad for a comeback! I see more mafia in my future. *makes with the high-fiving* Kudos to Tina for coming up with the winning play. There was never really a question of me investigating Blackhoof, lol. I'd had him pegged as the one who must have stolen my vote since before his botched role reveal.

So I'm guessing there weren't any more cult after Key because they alternated killing and recruiting and couldn't do either once Alanna was dead? That would explain the three night gap. On Night One they killed, on Night Two Alanna was blocked by Tina, on Night Three they recruited Key, so it wasn't until Night Four that they were free to kill again. Hence my initial assumption that they killed and recruited every three nights. Alternating makes much more sense, and I'm ashamed that I didn't see it immediately when we lynched Alanna. Tina even pointed out before that that she'd blocked Alanna on Night Two. Oh well, we got there in the end biggrin.gif

Good game, everyone!

NOOO! DX

and i was so CLOSE! i tried to NK Griefy, and then i could have voted tinker, stolen tinas vote and victory would have ben MINE! *cries*

how come Griefy didnt die? i didnt think that

oh well, i thought my "role reveal" was good. i was psyked that Griefy believed me to be neither cult nor mafia (thank you MCS for lynching the mistborn!) and i felt confident in my chances of winning. Darn you Griefy and your lack of willingness to verify my scumness before killing me! :D

i had fun, anyway. i felt so EVIL when i lynched Alanna, narrowly saving Tina form Griefy's votechange, and then Griefy is like, "uh, i changed my vote" and locke is like "the votecount is correct" and i am like, "LOLNESS!" XD

I protected myself, lol. Two abilities a night, remember? If I hadn't I guess we both would have ended up dead and the innocents would have won anyway. You might have made it if I had protected myself the night before instead, but I was busy killing Talya that night. As it was I was free to protect myself last night.

I did go through a brief period of thinking you were innocent, but once Talya was dead and turned out not to be a vote stealer, I knew it had to be someone else on the Alanna lynch and that left you. The Wombat vote had me fooled for a while, though. I thought maybe there weren't any mafia left. I asked you and Key to reveal your roles because I figured an innocent who had tried to protect Talya out of a belief that she was innocent wouldn't lie about their role (having nothing to fear from an investigation). So that confirmed you for me. Key wouldn't have doomed her cultmaster, and I knew everybody else's role. That and the fact that you confused a Lurcher's power with a Coinshot tongue.gif I was more focused on Key though because I was sure she was cult, and I thought I needed a cult kill to shore up my credibility in case someone tried to expand on Talya's Griefy-is-cult theory later and made the town tear itself apart. Who says image management is only for scum?

It seems that I didn`t block Alanna after all. When I blocked Talya two nights ago I got a message from Locke wich said that I had succeded. I didn´t get any messages the nights before so I didn´t know that I could get confermations of my night actions at all. :biggrin:

It would be fun to see what happened the other nights. Locke - could we get a list of night actions?

darn, i was conflicted about revealing my role, but i knew that votestealing is a purely scum role, so i looked through the official lists of mafia roles and the list of dead people and their powers and cooked up an admittedly half-baked chance of NK immunity. :P

in hindsight, coming clean would have been smarter.

i was so smug, and then you pointed out my mistake and i was like, "uh.... MOD ERROR! blame the mod, not me!" (sorry Locke) goodness i panicked then, but no-one mentioned it and i thought i was in the clear.

i do SO enjoy advanced games!

congrats Town..very well played.

After Wombat was killed I gained the night kill but it was reduced and had a percentage attached to it on those stronger than me, so the chances of ever getting Griefy was zilch!

Great game, thanks Locke!

and that ends my mafia for a while.

That actually made have just been absent-minded inconsistency on my part Tina. Anyway, here's some insight into the game:

I was actually a bit worried in terms of balance when I started, however it seemed to work out ok, which might have been just luck. The Town was a bit under-numbered as opposed to usual set-ups, however they had a good deal of power roles, which made up for the lack. (Although there wasn't another Healer type role like Griefy thought, but more on roles later) Also, I actually accidentally made there to be more Nobles than Skaa somehow and with some roles that could detect those, I worried that would upset the game a bit, however it turned out those roles died early.

Roles:

Scummies:

Mafia:

Wombat - Wombat was the scum's Mistborn. Each night he had the option of doing 2 of, night killing, roleblocking, and rolefinding

Meesh - Meesh was the mafia godfather. Alignment role would be viewed as Innocent, character role as Skaa, and power role as vanilla.

Talya - Talya was a Coinshot. She was the backup NKer. (and actually would've had a realistic chance of killing Griefy on a a night she wasn't protecting herself) She was also a bomb if lynched that would kill a random non-mafia on the train.

MCS/Blackhoof - Zinc Rioter. Role was a Vote Stealer.

Talmanes - Talmanes had an interesting role. He started out with an Informant role where he would get information for himself and the mafia, however he didn't know the mafia and the mafia didn't know him. Later, since he was an Augur, (a misting that burns gold), he had the option of selling to his gold to the scum (who'd get an assassin NK) in exchange to become a more traditional symp and know who the mafia were, or he do a bit of soulsearching, burn the gold, and convert to town.

Cult:

Alanna - Alanna's cultmaster role had 2 parts. The first part was selecting a victim to an NK. If it was an Allomancer, she would get a spike which she could use to recruit on a subsequent night. (the victim would also get the spike's power) A cyclical role.

Leelou - Leelou was a PR giver and a pawn. Her PR was given each night, but only worked if the recipient was a Nobleman. As a pawn, she had to vote for whoever Alanna voted fore.

Townies:

Masons:

Mav/Blackjacket(Key)/Tinker - The Temporal Noblemen Allomantic Alliance. They had to work together to use the 2 roles they had. Mav (Slider) and Tinker (Nicroburst) could extend Day or Night once, whereas Key (Pulser) and TInker could end Day or Night early once.

Regular folk:

Griefy - Mistborn. Could do 2 of Healing/Viging/Finding each night. Couldn't Heal same target twice in a row. Player - Soother. Player could survive one lynch.

TinaHel - Leecher. Roleblocker role. Passive chance of allomantic immunity.

Elli. Tineye. Tracker by Night, Observer by Day. (one of those character finder roles)

Phelix - Malatium Misting. Phelix had a special Day role. Basically, he was the Kandra Finder with a bit of other character flavour added in.

Unsnapped:

Vambram - Seeker. Rolefinder role. Needed one vote to Snap.

Aust - Thug. Could survive one NK. Needed half amount of votes to Snap.

Song(later Vambram)- Backup Mistborn. Gets Mistborn powers at L-1 or death of Mistborn. Same powers as Griefy, except only power per night I believe.

There were some other roles in there that I had to cut. I remember one, the Lurcher, was a sacrifice type role, but I don't really remember the rest....Oh, yeah, there was also a Terrisman Keeper, a Feruchemist, which was something like being immune to death every third day.

Now, what happened:

Day 1 - random lynch, fun and games. Also, Elli learned that MCS was a Nobleman (come Night). Talmanes targeted Wombat.

Night 1 - Heh, I got a bit nervous here since almost all the Town finding roles were targeting. Here's what happened:

Leelou gave a PR to MCS, but she kinda died before she delivered it as Wombat targeted her for the mafia kill. Wombat also Rolefinded Song/Vambram. Alanna successfully killed Elli and got a Tineye spike. Phelix mistakenly thought his role was a night role and targeted Wombat and was given enough info to probably deduce that Wombat was a Noble Man. Griefy also targeted Wombat, got back that he was scum and Mistborn, since Wombat happened not to be burning copper that night. Griefy's other role was spent on Healing herself.

Day 2 - The Day extension was a Mod-move, not a temporal allomantic power. In the end, you lynched Wombat, doing a good bit of damage to the scum empire. Talmanes targeted Griefy. Phelix targeted Talya.

Night 2 - Another good night for the Town. While Talya did kill Phelix, the Town stopped Alanna from recruiting Tinker. This was actually a two way thing, since Griefy Healed Tinker and Tina Roleblocked Alanna. Griefy also Finded Tinker.

Day 3 - Lynched Meesh

Night 3 - Talya kills Player. Griefy protects herself and Finders Tina. Tina roleblocks Tinker. Alanna recruits Key, who also gets Tracker powers.

Day 4 - Lynched Aust

Night 4 - Alanna kills Vambram. (formerly Song) Talya kills Talmanes. Griefy Finds Tinker.

Day 5 - Lynched Alanna. (via Blackhoof's vote stealing)

Night 5 - Talya targets Tina, however Tina targets Talya. Meanwhile, Griefy kills Talya. (and Finds Tina)

Day 6 - Key is lynched.

Night 6 - Blackhoof tries to kill Griefy, however Griefy Heals herself and also kills Blackhoof.

Think that's all of it. Fun game!:laugh:

Durrp, looks like I forgot to use my healing power on one night. Oh well, neither of the people killed were high on my list to protect (sorry guys).

Awesome set-up, Locke! Loved every minute I spent obsessing over this game. So I take it that Song/Vambram was the unsnapped brother mentioned in my role PM? Were there any more roles like that?

So I did block Alanna one night! I did block a few townies also but as I understand it I didn´t do any harm there. :biggrin:

I have never had this role before and I think it´s a hard one to play. If you block the wrong player it could be really bad for the town.

Yeah, I've been roleblocker before and it was nervewracking LOL. I only used it right 1 night out of that game I think. Anywho, Tina, your blocking me did quite a bit of good, actually, because when my recruit on Tinker didn't work, I thought I couldn't recruit masons. I recruited Key, of course, but she never told me she was a mason.

Durrp, looks like I forgot to use my healing power on one night. Oh well, neither of the people killed were high on my list to protect (sorry guys).

Awesome set-up, Locke! Loved every minute I spent obsessing over this game. So I take it that Song/Vambram was the unsnapped brother mentioned in my role PM? Were there any more roles like that?

Yep. And no, you two were the only one's who had each other mentioned in their role PMs. Most people didn't even get much of a character profile.

Yeah, and many of your inferrations were quite accurate, Griefy. Also a lot of accurate questions, if questions can be called accurate....>.>

Does anybody know the mafia points? I can't seem to find it....

Archived