DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

Grief, what exactly did your results on Wombat say? Did it show alignment, roles, powers, actions, or any combination of these? You seemed to see that he was Mistborn and mafia, so do you get alignment and role? What kind of finder are you?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I be rolefishing, when he said it was a vanilla town that he foundrolleyes.gif The other thing is that the rolefinder we had, was un-broken, which I think someone said meant that it wasn't in use. So it would make sense there is a broken (if that's the right word) seeker... :/ or rolefinder. Griefy makes a good point though, how many finder type roles can there be, it makes you wonder what else is out there, if there this many! We know there are these noblemen and the ministry people, maybe that is why there is so many :/

Welcome Key.

Agh! I didn't realise yesterday was the deadline last night, I wasn't not well and cried off the computer. I should have remembered, but I'm so glad we got an extension.

I meant more trying to figure out who is town etc., not necessarily just a person's role. I used it as a generalized term.

Interesting. Two finder claims of sorts. And Grief said that wombat was a finder. So who do we believe? One thought that springs up is, why did Griefy reveal, there was no reason to. so it's not as though she revealed because she was about to be lynched. So I'm more inclined to believe her. A couple of questions first before my vote goes on Wombat. I think someone may have asked. What type of Finder are you...ie was it a rolefinder, were you told he was mafia or just Mistborn or just rolefinder or all three or two of the three. Now I'm presuming that Mistborn is more than likely Mafia? or am I way off with that.

A bit like buses, none come along for ages and then you have three at once. But Tiinks there is nothing to suggest you are telling the truth. No one has corroborated it. so at the moment I will put it aside. But to keep in mind.

Alanna, If he had revealed that person they could have told us he was telling to truth. And confirm him as a finder, especially after so many roles had gone. It would have been hard for him to actually say that someone in this game is vanilla, it was looking like a few people have roles of some sorts (all the ones dead so far did have). It's also an easy thing for someone to claim finder and say they found a vanilla townie. Yes it would put a target on that persons back if he revealed. However if later he had been found to be lying, then it would bring into question of the person he had revealed as vanilla town. We may have got two for one. So I was in two minds whether or not he should reveal. According to Griefy he may be a rolefinder as he said, so he could have viewed that person and it wouldn't necessarily put a target on that person, because if he is mafia they already know who they are and what role they have and are more likely to go after someone with a role! You still get the question now that would he have told us the truth, he still could use one of his guys to make him look innocent...who knows.

At this point I'm more likely to believe Griefy. I would like to hear her answers first and more from Wombat, especially after this new stuff.

The problem with this, is if he is indeed mafia, all he would have to do is say one of his teammates as who he viewed, and they of course would back him up.

I'm not really sure that I know which one to believe so far, as both have given me some suspicions. I'll have to ponder this a bit more before I decide.

I know Talmanes, but if he did that and one of them was found out, that gives us one for free...but anyway it doesn't really matter now if he is a rolefinder, and the time has gone. I'm not sure what to thinks at present. I'll wait to hear from Griefy.

To answer people's questions, I'm a full finder, role and alignment.

I didn't get anything about what Wombat's specific powers were, just that he is mafia and a Mistborn, so I'm guessing he has everything. He might not even be a finder, I just assumed. It's a useful role for the mafia to have in a game where half the town has power roles, which is what this is shaping up to be. Whatever the case, the fact that he is Mistborn means that he is without doubt the most powerful scum player in the game. We have an opportunity to take the enemy's queen off the board here.

And asking him to reveal his vanilla so you can confirm his claim isn't going to get us anywhere. He might well have found a vanilla. That wouldn't prove that he's town, just that he's a rolefinder.

A couple of things I found odd:

I'm a Finder. I viewed Wombat last night. He's not kidding about being a Finder. In fact he's a full Mistborn. Which is too bad, because he's also mafia. So let's get that ball rolling again.

I didn't get anything about what Wombat's specific powers were, just that he is mafia and a Mistborn, so I'm guessing he has everything. He might not even be a finder, I just assumed.

I'm not sure why, if you get a mafia reading on someone, you would assume them to actually be a finder? Unless it's because he's Mistborn. It just seemed kind of weird that you full on stated that Wombat is a finder, but then later you backtrack and say you don't know.

That said, the other thing that I find odd is that Wombat is apparently Mistborn, yet only has a single power, and sort of a limited one, at that - that he's a finder, but not even a full finder. Just a rolefinder. Elli was a Tineye, and had one role (tracker). Vam, though Unsnapped, was a Seeker with a single power. How could a Mistborn not have something more?

Anyhow, don't call me scum now, but I'd like to do a reread before posting a vote. I have to go eat dinner right now, so I will be back with more thoughts either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

My result on Wombat said 'mafia' and 'Mistborn' so I took it as read that he would have finder powers along with several others, and I still think that is most likely. Sorry for not clarifying earlier. My finding was mafia and Mistborn, my supposition was that this contains a finder role. I don't think he has sixteen abilities, but he probably has a few, and finder or specifically rolefinder is one of the most useful for the mafia. In addition since we know this game has multiple information roles it makes sense for him to claim something close to the truth, so as to limit the number of points on which he might be contradicted. Someone could have observed what powers he used the night before or who he targeted, for example.

As to why he has only claimed rolefinder powers, that's all he wanted you to think he was. When I outed him as Mistborn, he still had no incentive to reveal his other powers as it might reveal weaknesses or particularly scummy powers like vote-stealer or something. I'm not saying he's scum because he hasn't revealed his other powers though. I wouldn't blame him for keeping his other abilities under wraps even if he was town quite frankly. I'm saying he's scum because I viewed him and he's scum.

And Alanna, I don't find it scummy that you're trying to make an informed decision. We have time, and I'm not scummy like Wombat. Who is scum.

I have two other powers. I revealed my rolefinder power because I used it last night and because I thought it would be sufficient to save me from lynch. I wanted to be known as a Misting because I could have kept undercover (like Vin or Shan Elariel in the first book). I would have eventually revealed my Mistborn status if it served the town. That Griefy has outed me is very unfortunate. I can see why she would want to do it though if she is mafia or if she actually got a scum read on me.

I am full Mistborn but I am not mafia. I am half skaa and town. I don't know how or if Griefy has finding powers in addition to rolefinding. but either she is lying scum or the same noble blood that gives me my powers has betrayed me. No, I was not told I am a miller (I did not even know if there was traditional finding in this game), I am just trying to make sense of the situation. Right now I am leaning towards Griefy being a mafia rolefinder who is willing to sacrifice herself to take out the best town power role, but I am not dismissing the possibility that she is town. My suggestion is that we try a target other than me, Tiinker, or Griefy and wait for Griefy to tell us the name of an actual scumbag. Griefy, do you know what my powers are?

Note the plurals. Since Griefy outed me, I have not been hiding that I have multiple powers.

Also,

unvote

Apologies in advance for the long post and if some of this has been discussed before.  I’m just new to the game and thought I’d throw my two cents in for what I read. The rest of my posts will not be anywhere near this long.

Upon reading through, the following two  (Tiinker and Wombat) appeared to need further attention.  I’ve listed what I think is weird below, though they have made other posts that I have not listed.

Tiinker:

What? How does say I'm doing a re-read in any way imply that I'm mafia? Plausible reason needed. And how does a lynch on me provide any information whatsoever on MCS or Song?? I don't think I've even directly interacted with them! (Hi noobs)

This does seem like an overreaction – especially the ‘??’ part (dude, calm it! Haha), but I think it’s a good point – I don’t understand how a lynch on you would give information about Song or MCS.

I already explained more than I need to.  Announcing rereads before the fact serves only to make you look town and is therefore scummy.  Still waiting on your conclusions from your reread btw.  And a lynch on you would provide info on MCS and Song because you defended them.  If you flip innocent, MCS and Song are more likely to be innocent.  If you flip scum, then MCS and Song are more likely to be scum.

So where are your conclusions/results from your reread Tiink?  

Seriously? Can someone point out why I'm the one being attacked?

Because a controlled lynch is better than a random lynch and going after a revealed Finder is dangerous business.

Other than not telling us what Tiink found on his read through and his overreaction with being voted for a controlled lynch, I really don't see much.

Wombat:

Interesting that Song had to try to discredit my vote.  Almost like preemptive bandwagon derailing.  Reeks of nervousness and scum imo.  Also, I resent the suggestion that I am incompetent.

I didn’t get the feeling that she was nervous or scummy?  More like just flippant with your vote on her.

for Song...just wondered as you're the only one here and I'm all alone... :(

I'm voting her for her weird interaction with mcs.  And I'm keeping my vote there because she's freaking out.

Again, I think you’re overreaching.  She doesn’t seem to be freaking out and I didn’t think the interaction with MCS was that weird.

Sorry! I've been out and about for the past couple days. MCS and Songs interaction is just that of a lovey dovey couple.. I think we should just lynch both :p I don't think Griefy is mafia at the moment.  The fact that Wombat jumped Song so quickly though pings me a bit. I'll do a re read after breakfast =)!

This post pings me quite a bit.  Downplay of the Song/mcs OMGUS distancing followed by a statement that paints a target on Griefy's back.  Then you FoS me which is par for the course imo and finally, one of my favorite scumtells: the preemptive reread announcement.  Why announce a reread before the fact unless you are concerned about looking town?  Why be so concerned about looking town unless you are scum?

So my top suspects right now are:

Tiinker

Song

MCS

I think lynching any one of them will give good info on the other two.

This seems OMGUS in nature – arguing a reason to have Tiink on the top of your suspect list because he mentioned that you pinged him in his post.  How is him stating that he doesn’t think the Song/MCS interaction is that weird a downplay distancing?  It comes across to me that it’s just someone saying “this is what I think.” Also, mentioning that he doesn’t think Griefy is mafia is painting a finger on her back how?

Like others have mentioned, I don’t understand how the reread announcement is a scumtell.  Almost every game I’ve been in there have been people that announce they have to do a reread  and it’s about half and half whether they were scum or not.

I already explained more than I need to.  Announcing rereads before the fact serves only to make you look town and is therefore scummy.  Still waiting on your conclusions from your reread btw.  And a lynch on you would provide info on MCS and Song because you defended them.  If you flip innocent, MCS and Song are more likely to be innocent.  If you flip scum, then MCS and Song are more likely to be scum.

Eh, I don’t think so.  I think it’s more an effort to let people know that your head is still in the game even though you aren’t posting a useful post at that particular moment.  And I really don’t think he defended them, *laughs* but you do and you’re probably going to say that this is a defense even though I’m just telling you my impression of the statements.  I do agree that we didn’t get the results from his reread there and I mention that above.

Well excuse me for scumhunting.  Just because you're bonded to Song doesn't mean you can pull scummy crap with her and get away with it.  I wouldn't take this from Verbal and Nae and I'm not taking it from you two.

I wouldn’t let people get away with being scummy either – bonded or no.  But how are they being scummy? By voting for each other?  Isn’t that the antithesis of being scummy?  Wouldn’t it be more scummy if they both voted for another person one right after another?

Oh wow.  That hemalurgy scene was scary.

Conclusions from the scene:

1.  There is hemalurgy.  This is very dangerous.  Death, ability stealing, and recruitment could all be tied to those spikes.

2.  There is a Cult.  Probably Obligators or Steel Ministry or both.

3.  We just lost another investigative role.

All in all, not the best news.  Also, I can't remember Elli or leelou making very many posts, so those look like standard info-limiting kills to me.

Also, Vote: Tiinker

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told that voting for someone on one day, having night, and then voting for them again the next day is scummy.  In fact, I’ve been very nearly lynched for that.

Ok, I'm a Seeker aka Rolefinder. I found a vanilla last night. I will reveal the vanilla if you all think it's a good idea. Personally, I don't, but I'm willing to go with the majority on it. Now please unvote me.

Reveal. I really don't like how close to the deadline you revealed, although if you actually are the Rolefinder I can understand some why you were waiting. The “please unvote me” line really irks me though because essentially that's what happens when someone reveals anyway – people unvote for them. I don't understand the need to add that in there. Also, super basic reveal with the 'vanilla' comment. It's really easy to pretend Finder and say that you viewed a vanilla – we could all claim Finder and say that (I'm not doing that for anyone reading into this). No one can refute you with that except the real Finder (if you aren't the real one) and that person wouldn't want to reveal themselves so as to make themselves a target.

Analysis listed below

Others:

I think the best information will come from a Tiinker lynch at this point, because I also found thr MCS-Tiinker-Song thing yesterday a bit iffy. Wombat is acting odd, yes, but not any odder than normal, and lynching him won't clear up any of these other suspicions.

I hate this 'excuse' for not voting for someone. People do it with Song, Mynd, Verb, and now Wombat. I don't get how acting the same automatically makes you possibly innocent – or at least not worth lynching. One can play the same way whether they are mafia or town, you just have to pay attention to your posts. Not sure on the suspicions remark. It might make us look more carefully at the people who defended him or at least consider the possibility of the people who he targeted being town.

I´m not ready to hop on a Wombat wagon jet. MCS says that he thinks Wombat is a heat shield for his fellow scum companions. I wonder - would maffia "sacrify" one of their own this early in the game? There is still time before we need to get a lynch so I´ll wait and see what happens.

Yes, they absolutely would. See: Kivam Gambit.

I don't think Wombat's necessarily trying to sacrifice himself so much as muddy the waters though.

If he's town, he's not doing a good job. Muddying the water, spreading chaos, whatever you want to call it, is only helping the mafia.

How can I be rolefishing, when he said it was a vanilla town that he foundrolleyes.gif The other thing is that the rolefinder we had, was un-broken, which I think someone said meant that it wasn't in use. So it would make sense there is a broken (if that's the right word) seeker... :/ or rolefinder. Griefy makes a good point though, how many finder type roles can there be, it makes you wonder what else is out there, if there this many! We know there are these noblemen and the ministry people, maybe that is why there is so many :/

I don't know anything about this world, so I suppose that puts me at a disadvantage. Would there be multiple Finders?

Worth it cause you'll get information? Well then, here's the information: I'm part of the Mason team. Kill me and you won't achieve anything. Sorry for being a bit frustrated yesterday but honestly, choosing to lynch me on Wombats argument made absolutely no sense.

Not the same as Finder, but should we lynch someone claiming Mason? Aren't they usually town-aligned?

Conclusion:

I'm not sure who to vote for. I really don't like voting for a claimed Finder, however, as their may be more than one of those (as it possibly appears) that might not be a super bad thing like it is in basic games.

I'm personally leaning toward Wombat. My case is up above; I've found a lot of his posts scummy (as did many of you) and I don't think they've gotten any better since he claimed. I also think that lynching him would give us solid information on Griefy. Yes it would suck that our Finder was gone, but we'd (likely) get scum the next day and that would make our odds better.

p.s. I didn't get a name in my PM either Talms.

Yay, one more active participant! Welcome! I'm out of cookies but please have some pie!

Note: reliability of Internet connection threatened by inclement weather. This could be my last post for a while.

I have a few things to add.

1) Wombat is a Mistborn with multiple abilities. I'd say he is definitely a rolefinder like he claims, and a lot more besides.

2) You already know Wombat isn't the last finder in the game because I am one. And I say he's scum.

4) You know I'm a finder because even Wombat agrees that he's Mistborn. I couldn't have found that out without being a finder or rolefinder. The only part of my finding he disputes is the scum finding.

5) His two possible explanations for this finding are that either he has a miller role he wasn't informed about (turns up scum on a finding but is pro town) or that I'm scum.

I have strong reasons for believing that my findings are accurate. Which leaves the possibilities that I'm scum, or that I'm right.

Names? You mean like 'Greg' or 'Miranda'? I wasn't given a name, just a role. Or are you asking what type of allomancy/whatever I have?

Yeah, I don't have a character name; just a role name and some powers. What makes you think we would have character names?

I just kind of assumed. Most games do, I guess I should have looked at my PM and the deaths to see if we did or not.

Fine then, what role and how was it phrased? Wombat already said something to the affect of his heritage, but Griefy, you haven't that I recall.

I had a feeling it would come to this anyway. My role was phrased thusly: skaa Mistborn. It also said I'm capable of burning all 19 known allomantic metals, but I only have three abilities and can use two every night. They are Finder, Healer and Vigilante. That's why I took it for granted that Wombat wasn't lying about rolefinder powers. It made sense to me he'd have scum versions of the same abilities. After I revealed as a finder Locke hit me up with a 'not necessarily' so I modified my opinion to 'probably a finder'.

That's also the reason I'm certain my result is accurate and not the result of a miller role or insanity - there can't possibly be two of us on the same team. Multiple finders is one thing: the information roles we've seen so far have been differentiated (rolefinder, tracker) and one was a backup. Two Mistborn is too much.

So from where I'm standing, either there are two skaa Mistborn and one (me) is insane or one (Wombat) is a miller

OR

There is a much more plausible single skaa Mistborn and Wombat is the mafia Mistborn like my result said.

Occam's razor suggests the latter.

I'd like to note that I can't use my healer power on myself tonight because it can't be used on the same person two nights in a row, so what I said earlier about protecting me still applies. Especially if we fail to lynch Wombat, because if he survives till the deadline I'll most likely be attacked. It'll be a Marsupial Mistborn Melee. Get it? 'Cause he's Wombat and my avatar is a numbat. Ah, I crack me up rolleyes.gif

Wow, you really want me lynched. I'm calling BS on your Finder/Healer/Vig Mistborn claim. If you really were a Mistborn with a vig kill you wouldn't have outed yourself just now. It makes no sense. Why reveal yourself to the mafia when you can just vig kill me? I am now convinced that you are a noble Seeker or Steel Inquisitor and that you are sacrificing yourself to take me out. Btw, Locke never told me which metals I can burn (although I assume from the title Mistborn that I can burn all of them), he just told me which abilities I can use. Also, I can only use one power each night. Good job getting most of the Mistborn role from the clues I left, but you screwed that part up.

Yes, I really want you lynched Wombat. What the heck would you do if you found the enemy Mistborn on night one, sit on your hands? Trying to vig kill you is what wouldn't make any sense, you're Mistborn! Any ordinary vigilante would probably get their teeth kicked in, I'd still fail spectacularly. I might have kept my mouth shut and taken you out if you were a goon, but you're way too tough a nut to crack on my own. It was always going to be a lynch.

As for our role PMs being differently worded, I'm not surprised. We're on different teams for starters. It makes sense you have slightly different abilities than me too. The mafia has no need to find out people's alignments, so you're a rolefinder, not a full finder. I don't know what your other abilities are but I'm guessing SK and either protection or roleblocker.

What did surprise me is you saying you can only use one ability a night, but now that I think about it it's probably a matter of game balance. You have a team to back you up, I work alone. Assuming you're not just lying about the workings of your role in a desperate attempt to discredit me and thereby avert your demise.

Archived