DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

Yes, yes, I know that I've been quiet. Not by my choice certainly, but nonetheless.

Anywho, I've never played a game with a cult before, at least none that I've lasted very long in. Are town and cult wins inversely related?

I find the fact that Talya and Alanna voted for each other very interesting also, though I don't know what case you could make from it, particularly considering the Alanna vote is so close to possibly happening.

I really don't like Blackhoof's jumping around either. This is getting close to the end and is not the time to play games. However, with only 4 hours left before the vote, I don't feel comfortable voting for him.

Alanna and Talya are both very active players, so it's sad to see either of them go. Not that I would save them just for that, though, obviously. I don't really think either of them have done enough to seem suspicious (of everyone left, I'm most suspicious of Blackhoof), though Talya is playing differently than in most other games that I've played with her, which makes me nervous, so vote Talya.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With so few left, you began to lay all your cards on the table. It didn't help that none of you knew what game you were playing. Despite this, you claimed that Alanna and Talya were cheating somehow. However, since you couldn't kill them both for some reason, you were resorted to using eeny meeny miny mo. Alanna won. Or lost, depending on how you look at it.

As you finish the process, you wonder why the two spikes in her eyes didn't make her suspicious earlier.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alanna, Steel Inquisitor, Spiker (NK)/Recruiter has been lynched.

It is now Night. Deadline is 5:00 PM Friday.

What happened here? Why couldn´t Griefy vote Talya. Someone must have a ability that changed where her vote went. Talya? Blackhoof?

But lucky us that was a good lynch anyway.

Do you think someone else in the cult could take over Alannas ability? I have never played a game with a cult before but I have read on mafiascum that if a cultleader dies someone else is taking her/his place.

Now the big question - would cult sacrify one of their own? If not, Key is in trouble right now. She voted Talya with me and Alanna. And that would mean that Talya or Blackhoof are scum. (If we still think there were 2 cult and 1 scum left.)

As you know I have my roleblocking ability. Who do you think I should target this night? Maybe I won´t follow your advice but it would be helpful to me to know what you think.

From what i know, Steel Inquisitors can be made by spiking ordinary people like, 13 times, but they need other Steel Inquisitors to do it. Therefore, it is unlikely that the last Cultists are able to inherit the recruiting power.

Gaining a Night Kill is plausible, but not replacing the Cultmaster.

Would cult sacrifice one of their own? Probably not, ESPECIALLY the cult master, but perhaps the cultists were willing to gamble to try to make themselves look better. Scum do it, why not cult?

Well my vote was obviously stolen by a power role, but in this instance I'm not complaining, because

a) we got the cultmaster

and

b) someone obviously has a stake in Talya's continued respiratory function.

Either she has a teammate, which would almost certainly make her evil at this stage, or she did it herself, which at the very least means she's not a doctor.

I don't remember other Inquisitors being necessary for the process. We saw a few people getting spiked by other normal spiked people in the books. It makes sense for Inquisitors to create new Inquisitors because only they know the secret to SPIKING PEOPLE IN THE FREAKIN EYES without killing them, but anyone pierced anywhere with a piece of metal carrying a hemalurgic power is open to Ruin's influence. So if normal cultists can still nightkill, they can still recruit. I would question whether they could nightkill though since that is usually not a cult function. Most likely the badass Inquisitor was doing the killing.

I have no idea why someone would change your vote. It wasn't me. The only thing I can think of is someone was wanting to make me look evil. Also they DIDN'T know that Alanna was cult.

Makes you want to look at those that didn't vote Alanna. Griefy's vote should have lynch me, but it didn't. Can't say much about that. but it makes you wonder about those that didn't vote for Alanna. If she is the big cult guy, then they would n't want to get rid of her.

Also if I was cult, who is the one person I would try to recruit. That person who has alls the finder powers. So I don't think we can take too much now about what Griefy has said on who is who. More than likley she is also cult. The cult would know she would be saved each night, she is finder, so no one is going to dispute that. now they can control that!

So my guess is that she is the other cult.

Okay, here we go again. I wrote most of this before I saw Talya's post and am feeling considerably less favourably disposed to her now, although I guess her theory is possible, if unlikely, for reasons I have outlined below.

Day 1 Vote Count:

MCS (2): Meesh; Song

Tina (1): Phelix

Song (5): MCS; Wombat; Griefy; Talya; Tinker

Griefy (1): Elli

Day 2 Vote Count:

Tinker (1) - Phelix;

Wombat (8): MCS; Griefy; Vambram; Tinker; Player; Talya; Tina; Meesh

Griefy (1) - Wombat

Day 3 Vote Count:

Meesh (7) - Tinker; Key; Talmanes; Talya; Tina; Alanna; Griefy

Tina (1) - Alanna

Mav (2) - Griefy; Meesh

Day 4 Vote Count:

Vote Count:

Aust (6) - Tinker; Griefy; Tina; Talya; Vambram; Alanna

Vote Count:

Alanna (4): Talya, Tinker, Blackhoof, Griefy

Talya (3): Alanna, Tina, Key

Thoughts:

In response to Talya's theory, I offer this: unless the cult recruited me as a stab in the dark before I revealed and I've been lying about my powers being able to protect me from the cult since the beginning, then the only way I could have been recruited is if I was unprotected when they tried to recruit me. I can't protect myself on two consecutive nights but I haven't advertised which nights I've protected myself on because that would be a death sentence for one of my confirmed innocents as the mafia and the cult would know they were unprotected. So either they got lucky before I revealed, or they got lucky since then. If I'm right about them having limited recruitment, trying to recruit me after the reveal would be a stupid risk for them as I'm most likely to be protected, especially given the doctor could have been protecting me regardless. I think I am right about them having limited recruitment as 1 Cultmaster + 4 nights to recruit - 1 recruit nightkilled = 4 and they would already have won. And if I was already cult when I revealed then I would have lied about the restriction on my healer powers because it would make me a less likely cult suspect down the line.

Tiinker is innocent because, after confirming with Locke that I would see both alignments if I viewed someone on the night they turned, I viewed him and he was innocent. That was last night.

Tina is either innocent or cult. She isn't mafia because I viewed her before and mafia don't recruit (because if they do they are, by definition, a cult). She might have been converted last night but I'm leaning towards her still being innocent. However she wasn't on the Alanna lynch.

Blackhoof is neither mafia or cult. MCS lynched the mafia Mistborn and Blackhoof lynched the Cultmaster. So unless there is a Serial Killer in this game on top of everything else then he's innocent.

Talya is not cult. She lynched the Cultmaster. She was also on both mafia lynches but towards the end after they built momentum. She could be innocent or mafia.

Key is not mafia because she was on the Meesh lynch early. She wasn't on the Alanna lynch, so could be innocent or cult.

If my theory about cult recruiting is correct, there is one cultist left. It must be correct because if they recruited every night they would have had us 4/7 today.

The only one who looks like a possible mafia is Talya. So there may only be the one. Or none. We may have got them all and only cult is left.

The remaining cultist is probably Key. If not, it's Tina after all.

If we kill a mafia and a cultist and still don't win, Blackhoof is some kind of SK.

If I'm not right about any of this, I'm going to retire to a cave in a mountain and take up fashioning ornamental mugs out of the skulls of passing marsupials.

A Doc does NOT protect from a cult recruit only a kill! So that theory of your is not right. you also said that you had protection against night kills at the beginning, nothing else. So again I see lies coming through here.

You are a perfect target for a recruit. If the cult can't kill then the only defense against you is to recruit you. We also had a mistborn unsnapped, so I would say if anything happened to you, there would be a back up. so I don't think you would all powerful as you seem to make yourself out to be!

I choose to believe Griefy and I think Talya is trying to save herself from a nk by questioning her. Questioning is never wrong but since I believe more in Griefy than Talya I find her scummy. (And have done for some time now.) The fact that someone tried to save Talya from the last lynch points to her having an important roll. If she where cult then I think they would have sacrified Talya insted of Alanna since she was the cult boss. Our theory has so far been that there is only one mafia left so if Talya is mafia she must have redirected Griefys vote herself.

I have been very suspicios of Blackhoof with his strange voteing last day but if Griefy is right that leave Key as the last cult member.

That said I would still like to hear more from Talya. If you believe Griefy to be cult then who would be mafia? Who do you think is town? Who do you think changed Griefys vote? Who do you think I should block this night?

And I like to hear something from Key. What do you think about the questions above?

When it comes to myself I know I´m town. Griefy viewed me and confirmed it. (Though there was one night after that cult could have recruted me.) Earlier on some of you were suspicious of me so I guess I have not been nk´d cos I was believed to be an easy lynch during the day. I don´t know about this - just guessing.

Usually I´m not that fond of talking during the night but I think it´s important that everyone make themselfs heard before the nightactions are sent in.

I believe that we should eliminate the last remanants of the cult.

While it isnt likely that they can inherit the role of cultmaster, it doesnt payto take chances. Key is likely the last cult, unless Griefy has wove the most fabulous web of lies to conceal his culthood.

Therefore, i propose that we lynch Key come Day, unless them afia takes matters into their own hands with her, which i doubt will happen for various reasons. If, and it is a large IF, Key or her potential teammate become a cultmaster and gain the NK/Recruiting power, the cult will regain lost power and almost certainly target a confirmed townie, and gain a poweful ally whom we assume is innocent.

I would reccommend that Tina target Keyholder, to stop any potential recruiting or NK'ing that could occur tonight. As unlikely as i think it is that Key or her possible teammate possess powers, i am basing that assumption out of pure speculation.

I trust what I was told about my role by Locke, but that doesn't do me much good as I can't quote him. Think about this: this game is Mistborn themed. Recruiting involves jamming a metal spike into somebody. The first thing a doctor is going to do to someone with a spike in them is take it out. And I stated that I had confirmation that protection blocks cult when I first revealed (as a finder), which makes Talya a lying liar who lies. From page 10:

Some breathing room at last! I wasn't going to do this earlier because I thought the lynch was going to fail anyway (frustrating number of inactives is frustrating), but here goes:

I'm a Finder. I viewed Wombat last night. He's not kidding about being a Finder. In fact he's a full Mistborn. Which is too bad, because he's also mafia. So let's get that ball rolling again.

Anticipated questions:

Q: Why did you not reveal earlier?

A: In a cult game? Are you kidding?

Q: How can we be sure you won't be recruited tonight?

A: My incessant questions have yielded the fact that recruitment is 'painful' and therefore counts as harm, so PROTECT MAH!

Q: Didn't you say earlier that it's unlikely we have another investigative role?

A: The irony does not escape me, but at the time I was trying to get Wombat lynched and fly under the radar at the same time. You'll notice, however, that we've had a tracker and an unsnapped rolefinder so far, so I was exaggerating.

Q: Wow, Griefy, you're really wonderful and awesome! Is there anything I can do to help you be more awesome?

A: How gracious and flattering of you to ask! Lurk less, post MOAR, protect me if you can and lynch Wombat!

At that time I was seeking protection because I had already used my protective ability on myself the night before and had yet to reveal that I had it anyway.

Tina, I'd rather not discuss at night because I don't want to make myself a target. (Any more than I already am anyway by virtue of there being only 6 of us with Griefy obviously being protected lol.) You can bet that I'll share my thoughts when day breaks though :smile:.

Okay fair enough I missed that or forgot, who knows. But it doesn't mean you are right. I still think you are a likley target for cult and your vote for alanna and then as soon as it looked like she might be lynched quickly unvoted and THEN went for someone else. You quoted the Lynch and assumed a lot about it. I can do the same. Plus that quote above was AFTER we knew there was cult. I don't but it. not after yesterdays votes from you!

Tina, just because she saw you as innocent doesn't mean you still are...you could have been recruited since and if she is cult then we can't believe your nor Tiinks.

the only reason I'm saying this, because this is the first thing that stands out. As for Mafia I really don't have a clue.

As for blackhoof claiming that Key is cult is a little far feteched, nothing has stood out to me what she has done for him to think that. She could be Mafia, so could Blackhoof. I do think that neither Tiinks and Tina are Mafia, because if Griefy is cult she would still want to get rid of them.

the reason i think that Key is cult is because she was the only one other than a semi-confirmed innocent not on Alanna's lynch. No cultist would risk the cultmaster unless they were sure that they would inherit the cultmaster's powers, and i dont think they are told if they can.

also, people have assumed for a while that Key is cult, based on the process of elimination, and she hasnt said anything to refute that.

Talya waited, counting 100 seconds of silence before opening the door.

"Leaving?" She froze. "So you are the scum after all. It was nice knowing you. But not really."

Talya spun, pulling out her bag of coins and flaring steel. They flew straight at a tassel cloaked figure, and Talya's hope died even before the coins scattered. A single coin sped back at her. She closed her eyes. For the last time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talya, Nobleman coinshot, (bomb), has been killed.

It is now Day. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is 7:00 PM Tuesday.

Archived