DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you be?

Smittyphi

I searched for something like this but I couldn't find a topic. If this does exist, please feel free to direct me there and lock the topic.

We all have characters we like but liking them and wanting to be them could be totally different. If you could be any character in the WoT, past or present, who would you want to be?

Mistress Anan for me. She has been Aes Sedai, had a lot of fun and freedom playing with terangreal and things. Yea, she got burned out but she made it though. Shes got a family, her business, and basically she's having a happy life. Or would if there wasn't TG coming in a few days time. But yall know what I mean.

Guest Emu on the Loose

This raises the philosophical question of whether, in "being" another character, you would be "yourself as them" or literally "them," thereby losing your own identity. In the case of the former I'd be Mierin back in the AoL and save the world a lot of trouble. In the case of the latter I'd be Egeanin, who seems relatively compatible with my own character style and has enjoyed an interesting life so far.

This raises the philosophical question of whether, in "being" another character, you would be "yourself as them" or literally "them," thereby losing your own identity. In the case of the former I'd be Mierin back in the AoL and save the world a lot of trouble. In the case of the latter I'd be Egeanin, who seems relatively compatible with my own character style and has enjoyed an interesting life so far.

In the case of the former I'd be Aginor... as I spend most of my working time in a genetic lab this is the logical choice, I think. With Aginor's genetic knowledge and weaving power I would do great things, and not necessarily in favour of the Shadow.

In the case of the latter, I'd be Perrin but I need somewhat of a workout to achieve his physical appearance...

P.S. I also would like to be Logain or Rhuarc as these two are arguably my favourite characters, but (blood and ashes) why does each of them has two women. Burn me, but I don't think I can survive with more than one.

In the case of the latter, I'd be Perrin but I need somewhat of a workout to achieve his physical appearance

Yeah that's me too Perrin is pretty big.

Not sure being in Randland would be nearly as fun as reading it.

But I guess THE CREATOR would be interesting. I don't want to be a god but watching everything

go down would be fun. The green man would be cool I suppose.

Random Aes Sedai in the Age of Legends that lived his absurdly long life prior to the drilling of the Bore. I envision it as being a pretty awesome life. I'd have to be powerful enough to Travel, of course, but not so powerful or talented that I had to be called upon for many important channeling things.

And I guess I'd be something akin to Balthamel in terms of profession. A historian, if you will.

That's the character in the Wheel of Time I'd want to be. Not named, necessarily, but it'd be a sweet gig.

If I can't get this, then Loial. He's pretty awesome.

In terms of which character I'm most like, I would be either Mat (freedom and luck) or Nynaeve (stubborn and caring).

In terms of which character I'd just like to be, I reckon Galad is a pretty good pick. Nothing really bad has happened to him (yet...!), he's handsome, smart, talented, has become a leader and ends up with Berelain, who might just be the most gorgeous woman in Randland. Galad's had a pretty good deal so far. Sure, he's got to handle Elayne and Gawyn as siblings, but he doesn't see them that often, so - whatever.

In terms of which character I'd just like to be, I reckon Galad is a pretty good pick. Nothing really bad has happened to him (yet...!), he's handsome, smart, talented, has become a leader and ends up with Berelain, who might just be the most gorgeous woman in Randland. Galad's had a pretty good deal so far. Sure, he's got to handle Elayne and Gawyn as siblings, but he doesn't see them that often, so - whatever.

That would be an interesting relationship to watch. Straight-laced Galad :whitecloak: with plunging-neckline-seducing Berelain. :berelain:

I'd pick Mat. He's about the only character in the series that actually has fun, and the women love him, he's had everything from barmaids to Queens and Empresses.

With his luck he doesn't have to worry about knocking any of them up, or getting any STDs either, not a bad life.

Maybe I'd be the Dark One. Except I wouldn't care about destroying the world, I'd just like to watch all these little ants fight each other because of me.

haha. that's rich. Plus I'd still have my own luck, just like Mat, I'd just have to find a way to get out of that damn prison.

Maybe just give me the luck and a one way ticket to Vegas.

It would have been great to be Logain. He's got great things coming, he is a strong male channeler and he won't have to worry as much as Rand about his burdens and duties to the Wheel. (Not that he hasn't got burdens at all. They're just not quite in the same league.)

I'd like to be one of the random inventors at Rand's school in Cairhien. Get to play around with whacky contraptions all day, building things, discovering things, and getting a generally free hand with your research budget. There're worse lives to lead!

I would be Min too. At the center of events, the Dragon's lady, not really responsible for any important matters, except from ta'verening fashion and walking around in my favorite high heels of course.

I would be Rand al'Thor. I realize their are many reasons why someone would not like to be him (burden etc.), however, it would be amazing to have a purpose and be able to directly protect people I cared about.

A funfact from The Eye of the World

"The original U.S. book covers for the book featured at least one additional character from the Two Rivers. According to Robert Jordan, this character was intended to be a major character in the series. But very quickly the character was cut and their role was merged with that of other characters. "

I want to be that dude. But in my telling he doesn't sprain his ankle in the barn in Emond's Field just as everyone is leaving with Lady Alys and her bodyguard.

I would be super chill, not overly brave, but useful in a fight because my father taught me the bow and tracking and my mother was an aiel princess so I know all about spears and cats cradle... jkjkjk.

But I would love to be that dude. I would probably like to follow Rand around though, not Perrin--because he would not appreciate me telling him "ugh let the b***h go" all the time. And also not Mat, because I am not a heavy drinker nor am I very lucky at dice, nor am I very patient with children. And I don't much like snakes.

Archived